Sense8: why...so...sensitive (spoilers)

Kalbear

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

I just got a friend of mine to start S1, she is 3 episodes in and loves it. Will see how she likes S2.

Good effort. It will be interesting to see how she finds S2 without the wait in between. I imagine it makes it far easier to compare the two.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Good effort. It will be interesting to see how she finds S2 without the wait in between. I imagine it makes it far easier to compare the two.

I wasn't impressed w S2. It was just ok for me, not the same as S1. Also the recast actor just didn't cut it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

That promo piece was kind of disturbing at the point where we see Whispers smiling and having fun with the cast of crew. Good to know the actor is nothing like his character.

I'm glad to see a lot of the other sensates appearing - it suggests we might get some resolution (or at least sense of the larger sensate world) in the finale. Which might be useful in leaving the door open for more in the future.

Less than 2 hours still feels like a massive challenge in terms of a conclusion. I think the best I can hope for is a season finale feel to it all with Wolfgang hopefully being rescued - Whispers and his group being dismantled/resolved (although I always felt a longer run of the show would reveal that Whispers while heavy handed may be a very necessary evil against the darker side of the sensates).

And I really hope this cast finds more work elsewhere and that they enjoy it as much as they appear to enjoy this. Bryan J Smith deserves a genre show that doesn't get cancelled and I think a lot of the international cast will have gotten a lot more exposure from this show if Hollywood is something they are interested in. I didn't know the guy who plays leto was in the last season of Narcos (another show I'm criminally behind on).

19 hours ago, Kalbear said:

WHYYYYY DID THEY CANCEL THIS WHYYYYY

This finale just feels like extra torture. We know you love the show so here's one last tease. Guess we have to be happy with some resolution but damn does this suck.

We don't even have a book or comic series to fall back on unlike a lot of shows that Chet canned.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly didn't have the time to do a full rewatch before tomorrow's finale. Can anyone here remember whether it was just the season 2 finale that was the whole attack on london story or was it the last 2? I figure it might be worth watching the set up again at least.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Sadly didn't have the time to do a full rewatch before tomorrow's finale. Can anyone here remember whether it was just the season 2 finale that was the whole attack on london story or was it the last 2? I figure it might be worth watching the set up again at least.

IIRC, the London story was only the last one. 

3 hours ago, Risto said:

IIRC, the London story was only the last one. 

That was my impression too. I'll give it a go this evening and can always backtrack if it feels off.

Have to remember to fill out the request form for more of the show on Netflix after watching it tomorrow too. Even if the finale sucks I'd still want another season.

7 hours ago, Myrddin said:

We're halfway through season 1 in our rewatch. I'll just avoid this thread until we go all the way through. :)

Probably wise. Enjoy. It seems a few people find season 2 weaker on rewatch. I think I'd probably enjoy season 1 more on rewatch, knowing what the show was really about instead of watching it and expecting matrix/babylon 5 hybrid.

Spoiler

And it's over...

This time there will be no outcry, petition and hope. We have finished with Sense8 for good. And it was the sweetest farewell spiced with yet another tantalizing sex scene.

As one reviwer said, it would be unfair to compare this with the shows that had the time to bring their last episode to the screen. Sense8 didn't have that and it suffered at some places, but the message "Love conquers all things" certainly resonates. And that is all that matters.

I will wait until a few others have had the chance to see the finale and some time to gather my thoughts so no spoilers.

Damn that was a condensed 2.5 hours. I think they squeezed 2 seasons worth of the overarching sense8 world plot (and it slightly suffered for it) but we got as good an ending as we could have hoped for.

Such a shame we couldn't see the show tell the whole story as it wanted and still disappointed that such an all embracing show couldnt find a big enough audience. This should have been netflix's flagship show. Guess i have to be happy they let it go this far.

Very curious to see what the wachowskis do next as they definitely seem to have their mojo back. 

I think that this was the best they could do given the circumstances... packing what would have otherwise been a season or two of TV content into a two-plus hour feature is a daunting task... yet at the end, I was satisfied... sure they had to cut a few corners, and manufacture some convenient plot points... but it was either that, or leave it open ended... and I'm happy that we got closure... This is an all-time top ten for me. 

Nitpick.... I would saved the final sequence for post-credits and ended with 

Spoiler

Nomi and Amanitas wedding...

27 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Nitpick.... I would saved the final sequence for post-credits and ended with 

Reveal hidden contents

Nomi and Amanitas wedding...

I agree that would be awesome.

With regard to music, this show is making otherwise non-sensual songs sound sensual.

Spoiler

Einaudi's "Experience" is a prime example of that.

It is sad they didn't have more time... I would especially liked it because of...

Spoiler

Kala, Rajan and Wolfgang. That one was surprising, but I think we needed a bit more time to process that properly.

Yup, it was good, it was funny, it had one big scary moments, and it ended on a great, positive note. Some of the plot was kinda weak, the action scenes were more exaggerated than before, but it didn't bother that much.

Archived