Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HuntingMolly

In this thread I prove Ghost is actually Ned Stark...

10 posts in this topic

...Or at least try to.  I would love to hear others thoughts.
 
After a rewatch of the last 6 episodes of season 6, I noticed a few things that lead me to the belief that Ned 100% has to be Ghost, and the show runners are even teasing us with it.
 
1) When Bran first becomes the 3-eyed raven, he gets a series of visions which include Ned's head getting chopped off and him looking up to the white ravens going out.  Significant because we know this is an image Bran can eventually come back to if he chooses.
 
2) In the season finale.  R + L = J is exposed as reality and Bran now knows it.  Not only that, it's pretty clear Lyanna is not a captive in the situation.  This is important for the next two things.
 
3) Also in the finale, Jon Snow claims the title "King in The North" without figuring out or divulging his legitimate name-claim to the throne.  This begs the question--then why do we care about the whole R + L = J mess?  Did the show runners really build up this whole plot line with Bran just to illuminate something about J's background for the viewers purpose only?  Or is there some related storyline about the R + L = J encounter still to play out?  I think the answer is obviously that there is plot reason Bran MUST know not only A) who Jon is but also B) The promise Ned made to Lyanna.  Which leads us to...
 
4) Ned's promise on Lyannas death bed to protect Jon no matter what.  A death-bed promise with his sister seems to be the type of promise honorable Ned would not only keep above all others, but also one his kids would understand was more important to him than all others.  Including Bran.  What do you think Bran, with his newfound powers, will do with information of this promise?
 
5) At the end of the scene where JS is proclaimed King in the North, there is one more little foreshadow..."a raven came...it was a WHITE raven.  Winter has come" to which Jon replies "Father always said it would".  I think this one is not substantive, but more a hint at what's going to happen.
 
Now combine those facts and hints with what we've seen throughout the show.  Almost every time Jon is in imminent danger, Ghost comes almost out of nowhere to save the day and protect him.  A lot of people have theorized this was Bran or Jon somehow warging, but we have never had one ounce of proof Jon can Warg at all or that Bran can warg without directly looking at the creature, so neither of those ideas make sense.
 
What DOES make sense is that Bran learns about Jons background and Neds promise, and goes back to the moment Ned is killed, wargs off into a white raven to find Ghost, where he leaves Ned to stay and fulfill his promise made all those years ago to Lyanna.
 
So, what are your thoughts?  Has Ned never *really* left us after all? 
 
If you disagree, what is your alternative reason for why it is so important that Bran learned about Ned and Lyanna's interaction on her death bed?
 
(Side note: if someone beat me to this theory, my apologies.  New to the board!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @HuntingMolly (if your name is a raver joke then, uh, I get it lol), sorry for the delayed response here and lack of replies, your post probably got approved after it was far enough down the list to be on page 2 so nobody saw it.

Are you a book reader?  In the books it is made clear that Bran and Arya are wargs and strongly hinted at that Jon and Rickon are too.  Since we don't have POV chapters for Robb we cannot tell there, though the frequent comments people make about how he can "turn into a wolf himself" and others may be hints.  Lady died too early for us to know about Sansa.  Anyways, as it stands there is a clear emphasis on the special bond that each of the Stark children have with their particular animal, and that the animal-human bond is extremely close.  It would be inconsistent for Ned, who has no history of warging or having pet direwolves that we are aware of, to suddenly inhabit Ghost's body several months after Jon and Ghost have bonded.  Furthermore, I believe one of the important scenes where Ghost helps save Jon (and LC Jeor Mormont) from the wight occurs before Ned's beheading.

The reason why Bran needs to learn R+L=J on the show may just be for fan service purposes since it is a central mystery for many book readers, but it also might be that he is the way that Jon learns of his heritage.  It may become important because Jon being a Targaryen could factor into his (1) claim to the iron throne and the common people accepting him as king, (2) him riding a dragon, (3) him fulfilling some of the magical prophecies.  It could also be important if he rejects his heritage as a themeatic element where the lesson is "you are who you become, your lineage does not matter."

It's a nice theory though and you could well be right.  Who knows?  Just providing my take on it.

Welcome to the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is true, I will stop reading and watching. There are bad theories (Syrio=Daario), and there are really bad theories (Rhaegar=Mance). But this is the worst I have ever read. This is completely new territory :blink:. Sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I am actually Lady Whiskers. 

Spoiler

Meow 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a physically impossible theory. 

Why?

Because Eddard Stark was very much alive when they found the wolf puppies.

Basically two creatures-a man and a wolf cannot be the same thing.

P.S. Don't know why but this theory kinda reminds me when scum Freys attached Grey Wind's head to Robb's body so they mocked their connection. I see it as a theory made to mock poor Ned's fate and his failure to protect his family. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, HuntingMolly said:
...Or at least try to.  I would love to hear others thoughts.
 
After a rewatch of the last 6 episodes of season 6, I noticed a few things that lead me to the belief that Ned 100% has to be Ghost, and the show runners are even teasing us with it.
 
1) When Bran first becomes the 3-eyed raven, he gets a series of visions which include Ned's head getting chopped off and him looking up to the white ravens going out.  Significant because we know this is an image Bran can eventually come back to if he chooses.
 
2) In the season finale.  R + L = J is exposed as reality and Bran now knows it.  Not only that, it's pretty clear Lyanna is not a captive in the situation.  This is important for the next two things.
 
3) Also in the finale, Jon Snow claims the title "King in The North" without figuring out or divulging his legitimate name-claim to the throne.  This begs the question--then why do we care about the whole R + L = J mess?  Did the show runners really build up this whole plot line with Bran just to illuminate something about J's background for the viewers purpose only?  Or is there some related storyline about the R + L = J encounter still to play out?  I think the answer is obviously that there is plot reason Bran MUST know not only A) who Jon is but also B) The promise Ned made to Lyanna.  Which leads us to...
 
4) Ned's promise on Lyannas death bed to protect Jon no matter what.  A death-bed promise with his sister seems to be the type of promise honorable Ned would not only keep above all others, but also one his kids would understand was more important to him than all others.  Including Bran.  What do you think Bran, with his newfound powers, will do with information of this promise?
 
5) At the end of the scene where JS is proclaimed King in the North, there is one more little foreshadow..."a raven came...it was a WHITE raven.  Winter has come" to which Jon replies "Father always said it would".  I think this one is not substantive, but more a hint at what's going to happen.
 
Now combine those facts and hints with what we've seen throughout the show.  Almost every time Jon is in imminent danger, Ghost comes almost out of nowhere to save the day and protect him.  A lot of people have theorized this was Bran or Jon somehow warging, but we have never had one ounce of proof Jon can Warg at all or that Bran can warg without directly looking at the creature, so neither of those ideas make sense.
 
What DOES make sense is that Bran learns about Jons background and Neds promise, and goes back to the moment Ned is killed, wargs off into a white raven to find Ghost, where he leaves Ned to stay and fulfill his promise made all those years ago to Lyanna.
 
So, what are your thoughts?  Has Ned never *really* left us after all? 
 
If you disagree, what is your alternative reason for why it is so important that Bran learned about Ned and Lyanna's interaction on her death bed?
 
(Side note: if someone beat me to this theory, my apologies.  New to the board!)

Hi, welcome.  That's well-written, I read it all with interest.  I like new ideas and theories, and sometimes they turn out to be true, even if they seem very far-fetched at first (including a Star Wars one I discuss in some detail near the end of this post, in my opinion).  So I liked your brain candy.

But here's my No. 1 objection to your theory:  In the books, Jon Snow IS a warg, 100%, no question, and he DOES warg into Ghost, a number of times, after Ned is dead.  As such, I'm kind of assuming if Ned is in Ghost's brain too, Jon would know, but I guess it's possible I'm wrong (Jon is not nearly as good a warger as Bran, or even Arya, from what we've seen).  Incidentally, while we do not have information in the show that Jon is a warg, I would be shocked if the show diverges from the books on something as fundamental as whether Ned is in Ghost.

I guess another item I would mention is that your theory, as I understand it, is that Bran somehow warged Ned into the white raven and then later transferred Ned to Ghost, but I don't think I've ever heard of a warg warging someone else.

However, you might find this interesting: Maybe Ned himself WAS A WARG.  I found a number of things you discussed pretty interesting, like the birds that Ned looks up at just before he dies.  It IS possible Ned was a warg, in fact quite plausible.  My goodness, he has 5 children and a nephew, nearly ALL of whom are either confirmed wargs (Jon, Bran, Arya, and think Rickon, too), or who was 99% likely a warg (Robb, in my mind was almost definitely a warg, there is much evidence for it), leaving only Sansa, who is only a question mark here, NOT a confirmed non-warg (b/c Lady died so early)

So, anyway, maybe that's the significance of what Bran saw at Ned's death (that Ned warged into a raven himself).  Maybe.

But if so, I believe Ned would have long since been submerged into the mind of the creature.  My recollection is that we are told numerous times (definitely including by Jojen, and I think in that Six-skins prologue, too) that if a warg stays in the animal too long the human mind can be lost, especially if the human body dies while the warg is in the mind of the animal.

By the way, as I recall, the significance of the white raven in at least one scene you mention is merely that when winter arrives, the maesters send notice through the realm via white ravens. (If I'm misremembering that, someone can correct me.)

Finally, regarding alternate theories about the significance of what Bran learned in the Tower of Joy:  Well, there's an avalanche of theories about this that do not depend on Ned Stark being warged into Ghost.  I believe Lucius Lovejoy mentioned several prominent ones above.

But hey, no theory is too wild for me to consider, especially where "fictional" magic is concerned, and like I said, sometimes things turn out to be true even though they are shockingly difficult to accept at first.  That's b/c sometimes we are dealing with major paradigm shifts, and MANY people are very resistant to that.  Here's a doozy:  Have you seen the Star Wars movies?   Are you familiar with the theory that the ultimate master Sith Lord is...JAR JAR BINKS???   When I first heard that theory, I laughed HARD.  Then I started watching videos that explain it in detail...and I started to realize "Holy cow, these people are SERIOUS!!!"    And THEN I came to believe they were RIGHT.  (In fact, I am utterly convinced that Jar Jar Binks is the most powerful Sith we have ever seen.  The evidence is overwhelming, with support in virtually, if not literally, every scene he appears in.  Are there doubters out there?  Just Google it, and open your mind.  It is such a massive paradigm shift that it is VERY hard to accept, but I am completely convinced it is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ned is the Night King, he become Other when he was beheaded. Thats why Starks are burried in the crypt of Winterfell and always a Stark must be in Winterfell. He must guard the souls.

Edited by Pacala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pacala said:

Ned is the Night King, he become Other when he was beheaded. Thats why Starks are burried in the crypt of Winterfell and always a Stark must be in Winterfell. He must guard the souls.

This is impossible.  Ned's remains were given to Catilyn to take back to Winterfell.  If he was an Other/wight/NK his remains would've reanimated long before they made it back to Winterfell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ned cannot be Ghost.  So many reasons why.  Biggest would be as mentioned above, Jon wargs into Ghost on a number of occasions in the books.  I have never read about an instance where a warg can jump into an animal (or person in Bran's case) that is currently being controlled by another warg.  I think we would have come up on that by now.  Ned looking up at the white ravens just before getting his head lopped off would indicate, to me, that if he could warg, which we have never had evidence of, would have warged into one of the birds.  I think Ned did everything he felt he could to keep his promise to Lyanna, but once he was executed, was released from his oath, so to speak.  Much like Jon was when killed, then brought back. 

I think the reason Ghost comes to Jon's aid when he does is because of the bond that they share.  There is evidence of the Stark children having strong bonds with their wolves, to the point of seeming telepathic.  I think that is probably the explanation that makes the most sense...

Edited by Jaehaerys Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

This is impossible.  Ned's remains were given to Catilyn to take back to Winterfell.  If he was an Other/wight/NK his remains would've reanimated long before they made it back to Winterfell...

that is uncertain.i talk about souls same as wargs, more then sure its a curse of Stark family. remember the crypt is build from bottom to top

Edited by Pacala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0