False Gods

King Ragnar

So I was just wondering which Gods in Planetos seem legit and which not.

I think there's no point denying the existence of Rhllor, that SOB has pulled of some heavy sh*t already. So if one acknowledges Rhllor's existence, the Great Other must be legit as well.

Then there's the Drowned God: His fanatics (Aeron e.g.) believe in their God because he can "bring back people" a.k.a. the process of making Drowned Men. IMO this is just a medieval form of resuscitation. Never has he given any sign of "life", except for Aeron claiming to have been in his halls (reliable source)

Next up are the Seven. These gods have given us absolutely no reason to think they exist as far as I remember. They're the weakest, most absent gods in Westeros, yet those with the most believers. They don't even have special powers ffs.

Last but not least are the Old Gods. I get why people would have faith in white trees with red faces carved in them, but they have been proven to be nothing but old Greenseers. So no gods at all.

What do you guys think? Which gods are legit and which are a scam?

This is subjective, but I do not believe GRRM intends to confirm or deny any religions.

Don't be so quick to say X is definite or Y is false. It's all magic and the existence of magic doesn't imply the existence of a god. And for that matter, why is a green seer not a god? Bran is dealing with more powerful magic than anything Rhollor or any other religion has displayed thus far. 

20 hours ago, King Ragnar said:

I think there's no point denying the existence of Rhllor, that SOB has pulled of some heavy sh*t already

Last but not least are the Old Gods. I get why people would have faith in white trees with red faces carved in them, but they have been proven to be nothing but old Greenseers. So no gods at all.

So Rhllor has done some heavy shot so is a god.  Old gods doing some heavy shit but just greenseers.

Don't follow your logic, Bran looks like he is going to have demi/god like powers but he is just a greenser, we have no expenation on how the followers of Rhllor get theirs but he is confirmed as well as the great other

20 hours ago, King Ragnar said:

So I was just wondering which Gods in Planetos seem legit and which not.

I think there's no point denying the existence of Rhllor, that SOB has pulled of some heavy sh*t already. So if one acknowledges Rhllor's existence, the Great Other must be legit as well.

Then there's the Drowned God: His fanatics (Aeron e.g.) believe in their God because he can "bring back people" a.k.a. the process of making Drowned Men. IMO this is just a medieval form of resuscitation. Never has he given any sign of "life", except for Aeron claiming to have been in his halls (reliable source)

Next up are the Seven. These gods have given us absolutely no reason to think they exist as far as I remember. They're the weakest, most absent gods in Westeros, yet those with the most believers. They don't even have special powers ffs.

What do you guys think? Which gods are legit and which are a scam?

The only legit gods are the old gods of the weirwoods. We meet them in person. We will never meet any others 

Archived