Explosion at Manchester Arena, England - Ariana Grande Concert

kairparavel

Grim news from Manchester. Absolutely no information on the cause of the explosion.

My thoughts are with the victims and families and friends. I imagine a lot of young people to have been in the crowd.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

My daughter was at this concert tonight. She called me and she's OK, but fair warning, if anyone has any half-assed ill-informed opinions to offer about this incident I will jump on them from a huge fucking height.

No gossip, no rumours, no speculation, please, not 'til I get my girl back home.

11 minutes ago, mormont said:

My daughter was at this concert tonight. She called me and she's OK, but fair warning, if anyone has any half-assed ill-informed opinions to offer about this incident I will jump on them from a huge fucking height.

No gossip, no rumours, no speculation, please, not 'til I get my girl back home.

holy crap, seriously glad to hear she's ok. scary as hell

17 minutes ago, mormont said:

:( glad to hear your daughter is safe 

This is so scary 

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

CNN - explosion was outside the arena, near a box office, near a train station that runs near the arena? Or right to the arena? Maybe someone knows the Manchester site?

I've never been to the MEN but Victoria station is right next to it.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I've never been to the MEN but Victoria station is right next to it.

So the bomber waited until the end of the concert and blew up the bomb as the crowds were rushing out.

May he burn in hell.

CNN is reporting the police believe they have already identified the bomber, from CCTV, I think.  They will likely have a name by morning.

I am so happy your daughter is safe, Mormont, and so sad for those who have died. I am grinding my teeth at the thought of someone targeting a concert that would likely be attended by young girls and teens.

It is all so surreal, I am sitting here surrounded by the sounds of detonations. It is Victoria Day in Canada, we celebrate the queen who ruled when Canada was created with fireworks.

Archived