The Old Powers are Waking from "Order of the Greenhand"

I have to say, the Order is just getting more and more awesome.  I was not getting into their Mance Rayder theory but the rest are very good and this latest program is superb.  I am now willing to accept that what the dog saw was not smoke but an actual winged firewyrm escaping Winterfell.  The Order didn't get into deep details on the apparition but it may be a giant winged Firewyrm, a very close relative of Dragons.  It may even be the stone beast in Dany's vision. 

GM did say dinosaurs existed in his world.  Basilisk and manticores.  Why not a flying snake.  Firewyrm makes sense even if they are understood to lack wings.  Perhaps a mutation.  Proto dragon that was created before the Valyrians finally perfected the science of making dragons.

On 5/22/2017 at 8:32 PM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

I have to say, the Order is just getting more and more awesome.  I was not getting into their Mance Rayder theory but the rest are very good and this latest program is superb.  I am now willing to accept that what the dog saw was not smoke but an actual winged firewyrm escaping Winterfell.  The Order didn't get into deep details on the apparition but it may be a giant winged Firewyrm, a very close relative of Dragons.  It may even be the stone beast in Dany's vision. 

I love their channel but I do have a slight problem with their opinion of Catelyn.  I feel they are being too hard on the lady when a lot of male characters (Jaime, Bronn, Sandor, Robb, Robert) have behaved worse and done even more stupid things.  But yeah, that one on the link is a terrific episode. 

Catelyn screwed up big time on a few occasions.  She is what Sansa will be in a few years.  Still, why devote numerous vids on Catelyn's faults when Jaime and Cersei started the whole war.  Catelyn made the situation worse but so did Ned and Tywin.  Stannis, Renly, and Balon contributed to the mess after the war started.  And dare I say the Young Wolf contributed to the mess too.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 0:41 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Catelyn screwed up big time on a few occasions.  She is what Sansa will be in a few years.  Still, why devote numerous vids on Catelyn's faults when Jaime and Cersei started the whole war.  Catelyn made the situation worse but so did Ned and Tywin.  Stannis, Renly, and Balon contributed to the mess after the war started.  And dare I say the Young Wolf contributed to the mess too.  

I like their channel but yeah, I must admit, their five episodes attacking Cat border on misogyny when you consider their admiration for Tywin.  Lord T is the man who was responsible for killing every Tarbeck and every Reyne for the sins of the parents.  Cat screwed up many times but chalk that up to an IQ shortage, something she has in common with Sansa.  That doesn't make Cat close to the most awful person in the saga.  The slave masters in the east followed closely by Lord Ramsay are the most terrible people in this story. 

Maybe a "winged snake" is the result when a firewyrm reaches maturity in about 10000 years.  Those deep caverns beneath the castle were made by the firewyrm.  Brandon built the castle on top of a firewyrm hole.  Still, I do not think a firewyrm was released at the time Summer saw.  Something that big cannot be hidden from view.  People would have seen it.  Summer was either seeing the past or the future.  One possible explanation is Summer saw the spirit of the firewyrm released when the castle was destroyed.   The Starks buried their dead in the catacombs.  The NK was a Stark.  It is almost certain that they took his body down there and laid it to rest.  The Starks protect and honor their family no matter how much of a shit they were in life.  It would be just like them to bury the NK in the family crypt like they did for Theon Stark and later, to the woman who started a war, Lyanna Stark.

It's an interesting theory, except for one important detail. We have some chapters from Wintefell in ADWD, and not once does anyone notice that the place is melted from dragon fire. Which would be hard to miss. 

I would be pumped if it was a real dragon that Summer saw, but we don't have enough evidence to say it was. Yet. 

12 hours ago, Jon Ice-Eyes said:

It's an interesting theory, except for one important detail. We have some chapters from Wintefell in ADWD, and not once does anyone notice that the place is melted from dragon fire. Which would be hard to miss. 

I would be pumped if it was a real dragon that Summer saw, but we don't have enough evidence to say it was. Yet. 

Might be something the wolf ate that caused him to hallucinate.  Like a piece of human steak that had gone rotten. 

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Might be something the wolf ate that caused him to hallucinate.  Like a piece of human steak that had gone rotten. 

This is the best and most probable explanation for the said firewyrm.

16 hours ago, Jon Ice-Eyes said:

This, and a fraking flying fire breathing dragon in the middle of the north would pretty notable, to say the least... and we have absolute ZERO (human) witness for a magic beast burning around the north. It's should be hard to miss.

It's sad, but it's probably nothing.

On 2017-06-05 at 0:59 AM, Bowen Marsh said:

The slave masters in the east followed closely by Lord Ramsay are the most terrible people in this story. 

I would actually put Ramsay far far "ahead" of them.

After all, the slave masters can at least claim that they acted from status quo, their cultural values and a tradition. Ramsay is at odds with his society completely and his acts are also often for his sadistic pleasure rather than "they way things have always been done".

Ro

10 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Sure.  Meera gave him a bowl of blood porridge on the sly while Hodor and Bran were dozing.  Made that walking flea community think he saw a winged snake.

On 5/24/2017 at 0:46 AM, Steelshanks Walton said:

I love their channel but I do have a slight problem with their opinion of Catelyn.  I feel they are being too hard on the lady when a lot of male characters (Jaime, Bronn, Sandor, Robb, Robert) have behaved worse and done even more stupid things.  But yeah, that one on the link is a terrific episode. 

You won't find a perfect channel out there.  I don't agree with a lot of Preston's theories but I still watch his shows.  The same goes for the "Order of the Greenhand" .   I have been watching "Smoke screen tv" lately with Chris and James.  Please check them out.  I don't agree with everything Chris proposes but then I can say the same for most channels out there. 

Archived