Live and Let Die... Sir Roger Moore passes at 89

Rhom

I was very into the James Bond movies when I was younger and collected all of them on VHS and have seen all of them countless times, so this is very sad to hear for me. While he was not my favourite Bond I have always had a very soft spot for him when it come to his Bond and the movies he was in, especially Live and Let Die and The Spy that Loved Me. Plus I always loved his role in Cannonball Run as a man pretending to be Roger Moore as Bond.

Farewell and Thanks for the movies. 

My favorite James Bond as a kid, first one I ever watched (Octopussy), first Bond I saw in the theater (A View To A Kill). Loved him in Alias as well. In the Jean Claude Van Damme movie, The Quest Moore played a great villain. Also loved him when he spoofed himself in Cannonball Run and The Muppet Show.

He could be a ham, but he also had a screen presence that radiated charm which I think was why he was still a good movie Bond.

I'm glad he had a long life, thought I would have liked to seen him in something again before he passed. Also it makes me sadly mindful that he is the same age as my dad.

RIP Roger Moore, someone who entertained me, brought me enjoyment, and who I have only ever had warm thoughts toward.

As with others he was my first taste of Bond. I think For your eyes only was the first one I saw, would have been like 11 when I saw it on showtime/hbo back then. Glad to see he was as good a person off the screen.

Archived