Top Gun 2: "It's Definitely Happening"

Greywolf2375

Maybe karma or yin/yang is real - with all the bad shit going on in the world, the only thing that could possibly offset it is Maverick and Goos...well, Iceman returning for a 2nd flight!  Cruise and Bruckheimer have confirmed that it is happening so we will see what Mav has been up to for the last 30 years!

Guarantee there's some new young hotshot that clashes with the establishment. Tom Cruise will try to be the mentor but will the kid listen or will he continue down the self destructive daredevil path?

Also I'm going to flip out if there isn't a scene with hairless men covered in baby oil playing an intense game of volleyball. Slow motion serves are a must.

Notable one liners - "Kid, I've been flying these birds since before you were (something about a sperm)"

5 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

Guarantee there's some new young hotshot that clashes with the establishment. Tom Cruise will try to be the mentor but will the kid listen or will he continue down the self destructive daredevil path?

What's the odds on the new young hotshot being Chris Pratt?

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

What's the odds on the new young hotshot being Chris Pratt?

Chris Pine: 2 - 1

Channing Tatum: 3 - 1

Liam Hemsworth: 5 - 1 (Chris Hemsworth as "new young "Ice Man" : 2 -1)

Chris Pratt: 7 - 1

Zac Efron: 10 - 1

Shia Labeouf: 50 - 1

Shia Labeouf in 2009: 1 - 1

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Butseriously...isnt this just going to be a rehash of the Iron Eagle movies, with Tom Cruise in the Lou Gosset Jr. role...?

Yup. I did really enjoy those movies growing up.

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Butseriously...isnt this just going to be a rehash of the Iron Eagle movies, with Tom Cruise in the Lou Gosset Jr. role...?

I mean.. the movie could be a rehash of Top Gun 1. Maverick is now the new Viper and Goose's son is the new Maverick.

I can see it now.. Goose's reckless son spends the whole movie trying to prove that his dad didn't die of his own accord during a training accident.... only for a stunning reveal prior to the climax of the movie.

4 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

From Maverick, to Geriatric..... "I got the need.... the need for.... a nap"

Does anyone actually believe --anyone, anywhere-- that this is a good idea?... What form of brain damage does one need to have in order to be a movie studio executive?

Even better perhaps...Fatass Iceman: I feel the need, the need for another box of Eskimo Pies.

47 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Even better perhaps...Fatass Iceman: I feel the need, the need for another box of Eskimo Pies.

I would go see this movie for a Val Kilmer cameo.

10 minutes ago, The Mance said:

I would go see this movie for a Val Kilmer cameo.

I'd need a Michael Ironside cameo too.

What if Maverick and Iceman visit the old folks home and the shuffleboard game is played with Viper, Jester, and Principal Strickland?

Archived