Season 7 Trailer

Westeros

On 26/05/2017 at 2:31 AM, RhaenysB said:

What better way to honor a person's acting talents than putting them in aimless gay sex scenes? None other could play that big of a role. 

When was he mankind's only hope. Kit Harrington has been mankind's only hope for two seasons. Poor Bran, what else could he do other than revealing R+L=J that people give a crap about? 

Whoever styled Daenerys this season needs to be kicked out of the costume design team. What is that hair. What is that two curled chunks in the front throwback to the early 2000s absolutely ridiculous, impractical hairstyle? And those black gowns... so unimaginative. 

There's a lot of unsullied vs Westerosi knights fight scenes. Unsullied vs Anybody fight scenes are the most boring kind of fight scenes, but whatever. 

There's Melisandre and Jorah, why don't we let these characters go... what else is left for Melisandre or a dying Jorah to do? 

Crypt and Jon and Littlefinger. I guess he tells him about his parentage but he doesn't believe it until Bran finally comes along and gives him some sort of weirwood flashback to what actually happened.

Cersei and her enemies all around. Yeah, why is that a surprise? It makes no sense for her to be queen of anything. Cersei was done after the walk of shame and her "ascend" to"power" is so unrealistic I don't even care what's up with her. Just get her out of the picture already. Which should have happened last season. 

But yeah, I can still be bought with dragon CGI and Dothraki charges. I just need to condition my brain to have Pretty Little Liars level plot expectations, and we'll be fine.

She still has the Lannister army at her call. Jaime can't do anything. Besides, we don't know what other people may be doing or thinking. I don't think it's realistic that anyone can just walk up to her and tell her to leave.

So not liking Jaime continuing to be Cersei's lackey. They really hate his character, uh?

Like the look of all those battles, gives me hope.

Blech, more Dorne... <_<

Yay! Mellisandre!

On 24/05/2017 at 7:47 PM, The Dragon Demands said:

Benioff & Weiss, Season 5 finale Blu-ray commentary:  "Originally Ellaria was a small role, just Oberyn's sidekick, but once we heard that Rome's Indira Varma was cast, we reconceived the role to make it worthy of her acting talents". 

And yet they managed to do the exact opposite and turned what was a very interesting, intelligent and sensible (if minor) character in the books into a laughable cliche that wouldn't be out of place as a villain in "Xena: Warrior Princess".

8 hours ago, jbob said:

She still has the Lannister army at her call. Jaime can't do anything. Besides, we don't know what other people may be doing or thinking. I don't think it's realistic that anyone can just walk up to her and tell her to leave.

That is quite baffling in itself too. According to Tywin the Lannister gold mines have been empty for some years and they are running out of money. How can they still afford vast forces? 

On 2017-05-25 at 7:31 PM, RhaenysB said:

When was he mankind's only hope. Kit Harrington has been mankind's only hope for two seasons. Poor Bran, what else could he do other than revealing R+L=J that people give a crap about? 

Hm... Why should Westeros give a crap about RLJ? There is Great War at the gates already and Jon is already Jon. With or without knowledge about RLJ he would do whatever he can and his abilities are not going to change. He doesn't need any titles to become a leader, he is a leader already.

On 2017-05-25 at 7:31 PM, RhaenysB said:

There's Melisandre and Jorah, why don't we let these characters go... what else is left for Melisandre or a dying Jorah to do? 

I can bet anything you want that Melisandre has still significant role to play. She was preparing for that final battle for quite a long time, and she is a powerful red priestess. It would be a real waste to push her out. On the other hand, Jorah can be dismissed without any issues.

On 5/25/2017 at 6:31 PM, RhaenysB said:

. ...But yeah, I can still be bought with dragon CGI and Dothraki charges....

Is it wrong of me to like Preston Jacob's breakdown of the season 7 trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKtNDT4gyXQ

On 5/28/2017 at 0:58 PM, Orphalesion said:

...And yet they managed to do the exact opposite and turned what was a very interesting, intelligent and sensible (if minor) character in the books into a laughable cliche that wouldn't be out of place as a villain in "Xena: Warrior Princess".

Prefect assessment of show Ellaria

1 hour ago, TheSmallOther said:

Hm... Why should Westeros give a crap about RLJ? There is Great War at the gates already and Jon is already Jon. With or without knowledge about RLJ he would do whatever he can and his abilities are not going to change. He doesn't need any titles to become a leader, he is a leader already. ...

Because...fans like prophecy fulfilment?

1 hour ago, TheSmallOther said:

I can bet anything you want that Melisandre has still significant role to play. She was preparing for that final battle for quite a long time, and she is a powerful red priestess. It would be a real waste to push her out. On the other hand, Jorah can be dismissed without any issues.

Well if Mel is at Dragonstone then maybe that links Arya to Dany. Mel told Arya that they would meet again, maybe Arya heads there chasing Mel. Arya then meeting Dany would allow her to help push Jon as a good guy, Dany & Jon vs Winter etc.

2 hours ago, TheSmallOther said:

Hm... Why should Westeros give a crap about RLJ? There is Great War at the gates already and Jon is already Jon. With or without knowledge about RLJ he would do whatever he can and his abilities are not going to change. He doesn't need any titles to become a leader, he is a leader already.

Westeros doesn't give a crap about R+L=J and probably shouldn't. The audience does. 

1 hour ago, Prof. Cecily said:

Is it wrong of me to like Preston Jacob's breakdown of the season 7 trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKtNDT4gyXQ

WRONG? The man is a genius and his breakdowns and reviews belong in a treasury. I rewatched his season 6 reviews last night while doing my hair and laughed so hard I burnt myself with the curling iron twice. But let's be honest, we all have a little bit of Chad in our souls, don't we? 

On 25.5.2017 at 6:31 PM, RhaenysB said:

What better way to honor a person's acting talents than putting them in aimless gay sex scenes? None other could play that big of a role. 

Whoever styled Daenerys this season needs to be kicked out of the costume design team. What is that hair. What is that two curled chunks in the front throwback to the early 2000s absolutely ridiculous, impractical hairstyle? And those black gowns... so unimaginative. 

There's a lot of unsullied vs Westerosi knights fight scenes. Unsullied vs Anybody fight scenes are the most boring kind of fight scenes, but whatever. 

Crypt and Jon and Littlefinger. I guess he tells him about his parentage but he doesn't believe it until Bran finally comes along and gives him some sort of weirwood flashback to what actually happened.

Cersei and her enemies all around. Yeah, why is that a surprise? It makes no sense for her to be queen of anything. Cersei was done after the walk of shame and her "ascend" to"power" is so unrealistic I don't even care what's up with her. Just get her out of the picture already. Which should have happened last season. 

But yeah, I can still be bought with dragon CGI and Dothraki charges. I just need to condition my brain to have Pretty Little Liars level plot expectations, and we'll be fine. 

Just think of her as the Donald Trump of Westeros, from time to time very evil and stupid people will raise to power. I guess she will be barbecued by the end of the season.

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Westeros doesn't give a crap about R+L=J and probably shouldn't. The audience does. 

WRONG? The man is a genius and his breakdowns and reviews belong in a treasury. I rewatched his season 6 reviews last night while doing my hair and laughed so hard I burnt myself with the curling iron twice. But let's be honest, we all have a little bit of Chad in our souls, don't we? 

Shhhh!

I expect season 7 to be worse than season 5 and 6 combined, hope it wraps up the way I think it will (i.e the producers wantonly offing characters in order to make the story converge into some kind of romantic ending with Jon and Dany).

On 30. 5. 2017 at 11:53 AM, TheSmallOther said:

For dramatic purpose, his relationship with Dany, him as a character. Not everything needs to be only for the bigger picture and just to follows characters. Just like constant battles won't be fun, we need some emotional moments between characters which this offers. It also might encourage for Jon to embrace his Targaryen side of his heritage. Also audience cares for Jon's parentage.

8 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Wow, the juxtaposition of Cersei's and Dany's speeches really showed the difference of quality in Lena's and Emilia's acting skills...

When you have years of exprience behind you, it's logic that Lena is better. That does not make Emilia a bad actress as some people may have said it.

On 30. 5. 2017 at 1:39 PM, dbunting said:

Well if Mel is at Dragonstone then maybe that links Arya to Dany. Mel told Arya that they would meet again, maybe Arya heads there chasing Mel. Arya then meeting Dany would allow her to help push Jon as a good guy, Dany & Jon vs Winter etc.

Mel is there or a different reason than Arya and in fact doubt they'll meet next season.

On 28. 5. 2017 at 6:27 PM, RhaenysB said:

That is quite baffling in itself too. According to Tywin the Lannister gold mines have been empty for some years and they are running out of money. How can they still afford vast forces? 

They do have a debt to the Iron Bank but Cersei is still their best shot. Maybe the phrase Lannister always pays his debts has some kind of deeper meaning in Westerosi society for all we know. Dany might be a dangerous for the Iron Bank to invest in because Targaryens are unpredictable to many.

Cersei attacks the Reach and pays part of the debts to the Iron Bank and also acquires Golden Company.

On 2017. 06. 06. at 0:53 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

They do have a debt to the Iron Bank but Cersei is still their best shot. Maybe the phrase Lannister always pays his debts has some kind of deeper meaning in Westerosi society for all we know. Dany might be a dangerous for the Iron Bank to invest in because Targaryens are unpredictable to many.

Reveal hidden contents

Cersei attacks the Reach and pays part of the debts to the Iron Bank and also acquires Golden Company.

they have a debt to the iron bank and to the Lannisters (which I guess Cersei will know nullify? If she even knows. If she even cares. If d&d even remember that), the storyline about the iron bank was completely abandoned in season 5 so who knows what's up with that? Maybe they struck a deal, in return for Mace's shutting up, they would let the debt go. 

Huh. A Lannister always pays his debts. What is a Lannister that doesn't pay his or her debts? 

Spoiler

Maybe a secret Targaryen? :eek::eek::eek: 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

they have a debt to the iron bank and to the Lannisters (which I guess Cersei will know nullify? If she even knows. If she even cares. If d&d even remember that), the storyline about the iron bank was completely abandoned in season 5 so who knows what's up with that? Maybe they struck a deal, in return for Mace's shutting up, they would let the debt go. 

Huh. A Lannister always pays his debts. What is a Lannister that doesn't pay his or her debts? 

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe a secret Targaryen? :eek::eek::eek: 

At this point we can only guess, but they seems to be revisiting this plot from season 5. Obviously the Iron Bank have to back up somebody, it could be like with the Tarlys choosing lesser of two evils from their point of view. Cersei might be crazy, Dany is also dangerous giventhe reforms she made, abolishing slavery and who knows what she'll do. Also, she has three dragons that might put some thoughts into heads of the people like Tycho Nestoris at the Iron Bank of Braavos.

While the Lannisters do have a debt that is for the large part responsibility of Robert Baratheon and Tywin as his Hand, they still have a better renome with the Iron Bank than Targaryens. They tried to pay their debts but Cersei found a way to repay part of it. That's some kind of progress to them and probably better option to back her up than Dany. Also it gives Cersei chance to buy Golden Company Davos mentioned before, I wonder if certain Daario Naaharis won't be part of them.

27 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Hide contents

At this point we can only guess, but they seems to be revisiting this plot from season 5. Obviously the Iron Bank have to back up somebody, it could be like with the Tarlys choosing lesser of two evils from their point of view. Cersei might be crazy, Dany is also dangerous giventhe reforms she made, abolishing slavery and who knows what she'll do. Also, she has three dragons that might put some thoughts into heads of the people like Tycho Nestoris at the Iron Bank of Braavos.

While the Lannisters do have a debt that is for the large part responsibility of Robert Baratheon and Tywin as his Hand, they still have a better renome with the Iron Bank than Targaryens. They tried to pay their debts but Cersei found a way to repay part of it. That's some kind of progress to them and probably better option to back her up than Dany. Also it gives Cersei chance to buy Golden Company Davos mentioned before, I wonder if certain Daario Naaharis won't be part of them.

Spoiler

Tywin was never Robert's Hand. He was Aerys's hand and Jon Arryn was Robert's.

hmm i'm not sure why the iron bank would opt for Cersei over Daenerys, but it's a possibility. 

I kinda like the idea that Cersei gets money someone and hires the golden company but to her dismay it's led by Dario who obviously screws her over. Does Dario have an older brother? No, I know he won't be the valonquar but I quite like this idea, it sounds like it could work and provide a fun twist. 

29 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tywin was never Robert's Hand. He was Aerys's hand and Jon Arryn was Robert's.

hmm i'm not sure why the iron bank would opt for Cersei over Daenerys, but it's a possibility. 

I kinda like the idea that Cersei gets money someone and hires the golden company but to her dismay it's led by Dario who obviously screws her over. Does Dario have an older brother? No, I know he won't be the valonquar but I quite like this idea, it sounds like it could work and provide a fun twist. 

Right, I mixed them up. I had this weird feeling that I might have mixed it up but yeah Jon Arryn along Robert who was about to made them bancrupt the whole Seven Kingdoms.

I just gave to oyu examples why. Just like the Tarlys, lesser of two evils. Dany is coming with a horde of Dothraki, three dragons and she is a daughter of Aerys II and that will leave some negative impressions on others such as the Iron Bank. Cersei certinaly do not have a clean reputation, but might be a better bet - considering she found a way to repay some of the debt, they might gave her their support, but they can switch easily. They did supported Stannis and his campaign

If Daario leads them, he'll likely be bitter about Daenerys and will serve to whoever pays them. Also, there is the thing he might be jealous of Jon. I would so like for Jon to kick his ass.

Archived