Season 7 Trailer

Westeros

13 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Hide contents

Right, I mixed them up. I had this weird feeling that I might have mixed it up but yeah Jon Arryn along Robert who was about to made them bancrupt the whole Seven Kingdoms.

I just gave to oyu examples why. Just like the Tarlys, lesser of two evils. Dany is coming with a horde of Dothraki, three dragons and she is a daughter of Aerys II and that will leave some negative impressions on others such as the Iron Bank. Cersei certinaly do not have a clean reputation, but might be a better bet - considering she found a way to repay some of the debt, they might gave her their support, but they can switch easily. They did supported Stannis and his campaign

If Daario leads them, he'll likely be bitter about Daenerys and will serve to whoever pays them. Also, there is the thing he might be jealous of Jon. I would so like for Jon to kick his ass.

Why is this a spoiler anyway? 

So we pick the old woman with regicide charges who is commonly known to have had the bastard children of her own brother (who himself killed a king),  and blew up the religious center of the seven kingdoms over the young woman with military and political support, a couple scary dragons and a controversial family? I mean I don't see how Cersei is the better choice but whatever. And don't even get me started on the impressions of having this and that for a father, they are they and other their fathers. But that's not personal, so I won't rage on this here and now. 

I'm picking Dario over Jon any day. Even the plain shadow of Dario the show produced. And if the show meant the whole "I love you Daenerys" stuff, he would betray Cersei. But then Shae betrayed Tyrion after their star struck love affair too, so why not give that 180 degree turn to Dario's character too and have him betray Daenerys. 

Whatever, just let it happen. With the stuff that happens in real life I can't even complain with Cersei blows up Jon and Daenerys and lives happily ever after. I'm stressed. Sorry about the unusual amount of passive aggressiveness.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

So we pick the old woman with regicide charges who is commonly known to have had the bastard children of her own brother (who himself killed a king),  and blew up the religious center of the seven kingdoms over the young woman with military and political support, a couple scary dragons and a controversial family? I mean I don't see how Cersei is the better choice but whatever. And don't even get me started on the impressions of having this and that for a father, they are they and other their fathers. But that's not personal, so I won't rage on this here and now. 

I'm picking Dario over Jon any day. Even the plain shadow of Dario the show produced. And if the show meant the whole "I love you Daenerys" stuff, he would betray Cersei. But then Shae betrayed Tyrion after their star struck love affair too, so why not give that 180 degree turn to Dario's character too and have him betray Daenerys. 

Whatever, just let it happen. With the stuff that happens in real life I can't even complain with Cersei blows up Jon and Daenerys and lives happily ever after. I'm stressed. Sorry about the unusual amount of passive aggressiveness.

Because it contains spoilers and this not a thread for where you can freely discuss spoilers, I made the one for it. There are people still might not be spoiled or prefers not to be.

"So we pick the old woman with a regicide charges who is commonly known to have had the bastard chidlren of her own brother and blew up the religious center of Seven Kingdoms."

Not sure what Cersei's age has to anything with that, because she's still relatively young, and they did backed up much older Tywin Lannister. Rumours of her relationship with Jaime are just that rumours until proven otherwise, Same goes for Rhaegar and Lyanna, later on Jon's parentage unless they have a proof. These rumours have been there for years and still the Iron Bank have supported the Lannisters with their money. Stannis with his blood magic and Red Priestess get the support too, so to them it's the matter of finances and not these sort of aspects. Dany's reputation certainly does play a part in this because she is a dangerous, much more than Cersei and might be unstable. They did not made those Aerys II reference like that.

You would pick NK over Jon if it come to that. :D Yes Daario meant "I love you" and his dynamic is a bit different to the books, where it looks like just a flirt. But she clearly rejected him and he might for this turn on her, also given that she might be in love with Jon. Pretty logical explanation.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Because it contains spoilers and this not a thread for where you can freely discuss spoilers, I made the one for it. There are people still might not be spoiled or prefers not to be.

Reveal hidden contents

"So we pick the old woman with a regicide charges who is commonly known to have had the bastard chidlren of her own brother and blew up the religious center of Seven Kingdoms."

Not sure what Cersei's age has to anything with that, because she's still relatively young, and they did backed up much older Tywin Lannister. Rumours of her relationship with Jaime are just that rumours until proven otherwise, Same goes for Rhaegar and Lyanna, later on Jon's parentage unless they have a proof. These rumours have been there for years and still the Iron Bank have supported the Lannisters with their money. Stannis with his blood magic and Red Priestess get the support too, so to them it's the matter of finances and not these sort of aspects. Dany's reputation certainly does play a part in this because she is a dangerous, much more than Cersei and might be unstable. They did not made those Aerys II reference like that.

You would pick NK over Jon if it come to that. :D Yes Daario meant "I love you" and his dynamic is a bit different to the books, where it looks like just a flirt. But she clearly rejected him and he might for this turn on her, also given that she might be in love with Jon. Pretty logical explanation.

Okay then 

Spoiler

Cersei is a forty years old queen without legitimate or illegitimate children. Succession anybody? (And j don't mean this is relevant to the Iron Bank, but in general people completely overlook the fact that Cersei has no succession when considering her claim as well as how crucial success is in a feudal society in general and in the story itself based on previous seasons)

the iron bank supported the Lannisters? How does that work? I had been under the impression that the Lannisters have and had their own money, they even gave loans to the crown. The iron bank supported the crown which was Robert at the time. And as far as I remember part of the reason why they agreed to back Stannis because they saw him as the heir of Robert, the last rightful king with Cersei's rumors going around. Not sure why they would back her now with the same rumors hanging around. Also not sure why someone's parentage (meaning Daenerys's mad or Cersei's mercilessfather) would weigh more than rumors. And how is Daenerys unstable when Cersei blew up the bloody center of the faith with most of KL's nobility and leaders? I mean come on, I'm known to be a Daenerys supporter but this is just common sense. In my opinion. 

Who is NK, and I'll tell you if I would. I would pick Jon over a lot of people actually. Just not Drogo or even Dario. 

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Okay then 

Hide contents

Cersei is a forty years old queen without legitimate or illegitimate children. Succession anybody? (And j don't mean this is relevant to the Iron Bank, but in general people completely overlook the fact that Cersei has no succession when considering her claim as well as how crucial success is in a feudal society in general and in the story itself based on previous seasons)

the iron bank supported the Lannisters? How does that work? I had been under the impression that the Lannisters have and had their own money, they even gave loans to the crown. The iron bank supported the crown which was Robert at the time. And as far as I remember part of the reason why they agreed to back Stannis because they saw him as the heir of Robert, the last rightful king with Cersei's rumors going around. Not sure why they would back her now with the same rumors hanging around. Also not sure why someone's parentage (meaning Daenerys's mad or Cersei's mercilessfather) would weigh more than rumors. And how is Daenerys unstable when Cersei blew up the bloody center of the faith with most of KL's nobility and leaders? I mean come on, I'm known to be a Daenerys supporter but this is just common sense. In my opinion. 

Who is NK, and I'll tell you if I would. I would pick Jon over a lot of people actually. Just not Drogo or even Dario. 

Cersei can get pregnant in their opinion and not like naming an heir is not an option. They don't know abot Maggy's prophecy. Dany is barren in her own eyes and that is something must be known to people. She can still name an heir or might be able to have a children but again they do not know about this. See my point here.

Tyrells financed for the Lannisters or at least partially helped them with food supply, financing wedding but the Lannisters got money from the Iron Bank. Tywin told to Cersei that Lannisters gold mines are long dry and that they're loaning money from the Iron bank and owe them probably millions. They saw Stannis as an heir but again Joffrey was sitting on the iron throne, and they still got their money from the Iron Bank. It seems like they've been investing in both of them to see who can win, and winner gives them their money back.

Dany's reputation of being ruthless is well known and Targaryens for that matter. People do not like Aerys II and who knows how they might react to this. While Cersei is also not an ideal option but her reputation is equal if not a bit better, she also doesn't pose a threat. Dany has three dragons, horde of Dothraki and other armies. Lannisters have better reputation with the Iron Bank and might be a safer bet for them.

I somehow understand Drogo due to Jason Momoa but Daario? He's just a bland character.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:59 AM, RhaenysB said:

I kind of had the same question as you. The show has passed the books in that world so how is anything spoiler? I am sure I missed something.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

I kind of had the same question as you. The show has passed the books in that world so how is anything spoiler? I am sure I missed something.

I usually don't understand spoiler policy, so I just roll with whatever others deem fit. My idea of spoiler is talking about the plot with a time cap of approx 48-72 hours in case of a tv episode and 1-2 weeks in case of a new movie release. Also, spoilers don't bother me, so I'm pretty biased in this question. 

Just now, RhaenysB said:

I usually don't understand spoiler policy, so I just roll with whatever others deem fit. My idea of spoiler is talking about the plot with a time cap of approx 48-72 hours in case of a tv episode and 1-2 weeks in case of a new movie release. Also, spoilers don't bother me, so I'm pretty biased in this question. 

Yeah I just don't see how a trailer can be spoiled? I mean if a trailer had revealed R+L=J then yeah SPOILER! Plus fire whoever made the trailer!

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I just don't see how a trailer can be spoiled? I mean if a trailer had revealed R+L=J then yeah SPOILER! Plus fire whoever made the trailer!

Yeah... I know. Well, I'll just follow the wise lead of others for the sake of safety in this regard. 

19 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

New trailer.

Featuring Master Jedi Beric Dondarrion:lol:, and one of Ned's most iconic lines, finally making it into the show at season 7. 

Yaaay :cheers: there's finally a discussion for this. Smart move to post it in the previous trailer's topic, but who would expect less from someone called Corvinus. Thanks for starting the great trailer 2 debate. 

So I kinda liked it. I liked the Jaime vs field of fire shots, I liked how they implied he might be eaten by a dragon, though I'm 100% sure he won't be eaten by a dragon. I really loved how Daenerys tore off that stupid fiery stag banner at dragonstone, I even liked Bran and the raves and the implication that he might be attempting to spy on the NK. Fighting fighting...

the Ironborn were interesting, Yara and Theon with their faces frozen in shock, is that the dragons? If so it's quite ironic though, are they trying to tell me they didn't know what they signed up for or that the Ironborn are above burning the shit out of things? Or is that Cersei and a battle of black water volume 2 (no, I'm pretty sure the show is not above that, look at every single big scene from season 6, they were basically remakes of big scenes from previous seasons)? Ehhem-ehhem. And what's with that Ironborn fleet, is that supposed to be Yara and Theon sailing up the bay to take on cersei? Or is that's euron (who managed to build a 1000 ships in two months) trying to make friends with Cersei? How did he get past Daenerys on dragonstone (or is it foolish of me to assume that she would put an embargo on Blackwatwr Bay to cut off Cersei's supply lines or escape routes from the sea?)? How does beric light that sword?

And what's the deal with Sandra? Is she supposed to be super important now that she walks towards the camera as if she was Daenerys or cersei? The Littlefinger voiceover implies that she is going to play on her own or with LF, but the Sandra voiceover at the end implies that there is going to be a Stark reunion after all and the empire photoshoot wasn't that random. I still don't quite believe that. In any case, it would have been great if Arya did that voiceover, Maisie is a much better actor, Sophie's voice Just didn't do the trick for me. 

Jon, Davos, Pod, Bronn, all pretty boring, though I do wonder who's going to save Jon's arse North of the wall.

I can't wait for the Preston Jacobs breakdown. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:
Spoiler

Yaaay :cheers: there's finally a discussion for this. Smart move to post it in the previous trailer's topic, but who would expect less from someone called Corvinus. Thanks for starting the great trailer 2 debate. 

So I kinda liked it. I liked the Jaime vs field of fire shots, I liked how they implied he might be eaten by a dragon, though I'm 100% sure he won't be eaten by a dragon. I really loved how Daenerys tore off that stupid fiery stag banner at dragonstone, I even liked Bran and the raves and the implication that he might be attempting to spy on the NK. Fighting fighting...

the Ironborn were interesting, Yara and Theon with their faces frozen in shock, is that the dragons? If so it's quite ironic though, are they trying to tell me they didn't know what they signed up for or that the Ironborn are above burning the shit out of things? Or is that Cersei and a battle of black water volume 2 (no, I'm pretty sure the show is not above that, look at every single big scene from season 6, they were basically remakes of big scenes from previous seasons)? Ehhem-ehhem. And what's with that Ironborn fleet, is that supposed to be Yara and Theon sailing up the bay to take on cersei? Or is that's euron (who managed to build a 1000 ships in two months) trying to make friends with Cersei? How did he get past Daenerys on dragonstone (or is it foolish of me to assume that she would put an embargo on Blackwatwr Bay to cut off Cersei's supply lines or escape routes from the sea?)? How does beric light that sword?

And what's the deal with Sandra? Is she supposed to be super important now that she walks towards the camera as if she was Daenerys or cersei? The Littlefinger voiceover implies that she is going to play on her own or with LF, but the Sandra voiceover at the end implies that there is going to be a Stark reunion after all and the empire photoshoot wasn't that random. I still don't quite believe that. In any case, it would have been great if Arya did that voiceover, Maisie is a much better actor, Sophie's voice Just didn't do the trick for me. 

Jon, Davos, Pod, Bronn, all pretty boring, though I do wonder who's going to save Jon's arse North of the wall.

I can't wait for the Preston Jacobs breakdown. 

I was disappointed in the second trailer. I found it to be rather disjointed and poorly edited.

And yes, I'm also looking forward to the PJ breakdown.

Ok, I saw at least two people mentioned Preston Jacobs' breakdowns, so I went to youtube to check out the first trailer breakdown. Um, I'll just say his type of analysis isn't my cuppa tea. I'll stick to New Rockstars. (I hope Filup Molina comes back for the S7 breakdowns though. Loved his stuff last season.)  

Anyway, I was thoroughly hyped by the second S7 trailer. HBO Go even put up a bunch of White Walker/North of the Wall clips and I watched them all, so hyped was I by this new trailer.  Looking forward to seeing how this seven episode season plays out. Sidenote, I wonder if each episode will have a name of one of the seven new gods?

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I don't think it was. In the books, Ned says it to Arya when he has his sit down with her. (same scene when he discovers Needle)

I thought he said it to Arya in the show in season 1?  So, if I am remembering that correctly, its odd that they gave the line to Sansa.

Just now, Dragon in the North said:

No, he tells Arya that they need to stick together, but the actual line is never said. 

LMAO, of course, what was I thinking, why use a great line like that in the show.  Same reason I guess no one ever said "The wolves will come again, I dreamed it".  

Archived