A Dance of Dragons Full Political Map.

Giving credit to amalcarmaron for the map. I changed it to the current political map after the end of  A Dance With Dragons. The colors on the map represent who the lords will respond to in a call to banners. Basically who they consider their liege lord. What do you think?

Re-revised map(latest version)

1st draft

Revised Map

Wait...when did the Golden company conquer Dorne? I think the Riverlands are more under control of the Lannisters and the Freys and Outlaws rather than Littlefinger whatever his claim is. If this is at the end of ADWD, the Ironborn have lost everything in the North, if it is not at the end then fAegon controls nothing. It is difficult to know exactly how much of the North is controlled by Stark loyalists...and just how much control of that they actually have.

A few nitpicks. 

The entirety of the North is officially under Bolton rule. So while we know Manderly (and a few others) hate him, they are all under his allegiance. Doran has also not joined Aegon, so Dorne needs to be under Lannister "influence." I would also say King's Landing is far more green than Sparrow or red. 

1 hour ago, Makk said:

Wait...when did the Golden company conquer Dorne? I think the Riverlands are more under control of the Lannisters and the Freys and Outlaws rather than Littlefinger whatever his claim is. If this is at the end of ADWD, the Ironborn have lost everything in the North, if it is not at the end then fAegon controls nothing. It is difficult to know exactly how much of the North is controlled by Stark loyalists...and just how much control of that they actually have.

Good point about Dorne. I will either make them an independent faction or include their name with Aegon V and Allies. As for the riverlands, this is a political map. The lannisters technically hold no castles, they are all owned by individual lords if you ask any of them who their leige lord is they will reply(albiet sadly, angrily, and solemnly) that it's Little Finger. They are too ravaged to fight. House Frey is very much so incharge of the riverlands but they are sworn to House Baelish, The brotherhood officially hold no castles or lands, they are kind of nomadic. I can give them a provinve or two(maybe high heart) but they are not technically a landed faction. For Stark Loyalists, those lands include the Manderlys and the surrounding houses they influence(they control the white knife for 300 miles) and also the lands of the Crannogmen, who have historically been pro stark and have shown no love towards the Boltons. 

I significantly decrease Ironborn Holdings in the North but I will keep Torrhen's Square a. This is not out of jerkery but for what I read on the wiki.

A Dance with Dragons

Dagmer holds captive the surviving Tallharts at Torrhen's Square.[10] Asha Greyjoy offers to help Stannis Baratheon recover Torrhen's Square, but he refuses and focuses on Winterfell instead.[11]

- This affirms Dagmer Cleftjaw still holds Torrhen's Square

1 hour ago, Renly's Banana said:

A few nitpicks. 

The entirety of the North is officially under Bolton rule. So while we know Manderly (and a few others) hate him, they are all under his allegiance. Doran has also not joined Aegon, so Dorne needs to be under Lannister "influence." I would also say King's Landing is far more green than Sparrow or red. 

I like your nitpicks. Yes, the entirety of the North is officially under Bolton Lord, but if you were to ask the Glovers of Deepwood Mott who they serve, they will say Stannis. I need to figure out how to do stripes so I can show House Manderly and Umber as both Stark and Bolton supporters. I won't change the Crannogmen however. When Roose Bolton went through the neck he had a body double stand in for him for fear of poisoned arrows from the crannogmen. That paired with the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Howland Reed or any Cranogmen at Winterfell for the woeful wedding strongly implies the Cranogmen don't see Roose as their liege lord. 

As for Kings Landing, Zealots largely control the city. It certainly isn't red with Cersei at the High Septon's mercy(for now...). I might make it green considering strong Tyrell influence, but, at least for now, the Lannisters and the Tyrells are allowing the High Septon to essentially run the city with his religious army. 

So if little fingers calls his banners the riverlands will respond? I Would say the were either Lannister (fear) or Tully (heart) for the most part.  Little fingers hold on the vale is tennius at best, sure he is lots paramount of the riverlands but that title has been granted by the Lannisters and enforced by them .

Iron born should have large stretches of the reach too concidering the control much of the rivers and castles along the coast

As said, the problem with this map is that it confuses claims or nominal control (House Baelish ruling the Riverlands) with actual control (House Baelish ruling the Vale, or The High Septon controlling KL). You should decide which way to go.

Other questionable decisions: House Greyjoy has conquered the Shield Islands, Stannis still controls (somehow) Storm's End. A lot of the locations marked as ruled by the Iron Throne (such as Dragonstone or Duskendale are actually under Tyrell control. The situation in the North is much more complicated, and it's hardly likely that the loyalties are split in contiguous territories as depicted.

Nominal control is not very informative at this point. Far better to portray matters as we, the omniscient reader (in terms of what has been revealed on page) know to be true.

In that respect, we know that the Boltons' actual control over the North falls far short of their nominal control. In terms of loyalists, they only really have the Dustins and Ryswells (as far as we know the intentions of these two Houses), while we know that the Umbers are merely playing a waiting game to turn against them, the Reeds are Stark loyalists, and that the Manderlys control the Lockes and Flints of Widow's Watch too, and are against the Boltons.

Even the Karstarks now have Alys as their current ruler - with a few hundred Thenns to back her up, with Cregan captured and the traitorous Castellan imprisoned by Stannis.

In reality, the Boltons only have Houses Bolton, and presumably Houses Dustin and Ryswell's forces to count on in a battle against Stark loyalists.

Such an analysis is more useful than one that simply shows the entire North as being nominally ruled by the Boltons, when we know that is not effectively the case. So I agree with the division into the various factionally controlled areas. I would just suggest that based on what we know, the Bolton effective control is even smaller than what is depicted on the current map.

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

In reality, the Boltons only have Houses Bolton, and presumably Houses Dustin and Ryswell's forces to count on in a battle against Stark loyalists.

And house Frey and nominally the backing of the iron throne although this has diminished significantly with Tywins passing, and almost seen as irrelevant by most of the north now.

The other problem for the Stark loyalist is there are no Starks so the question is who rules once Bolton is deposed? A question likley to lead to further civil war in the north.

To compound matters Stannis has invaded the north a southern king with souther ambition who will not be welcomed by many (except those few lords that stand to gain) as he brings more death in his wake/quest for the iron throne

On 5/24/2017 at 11:58 PM, elder brother jonothor dar said:

So if little fingers calls his banners the riverlands will respond? I Would say the were either Lannister (fear) or Tully (heart) for the most part.  Little fingers hold on the vale is tennius at best, sure he is lots paramount of the riverlands but that title has been granted by the Lannisters and enforced by them .

Iron born should have large stretches of the reach too concidering the control much of the rivers and castles along the coast

Ok. I will slightly change the naming of the map. This map is based on wheter the lord of the castles and lands of each region consider their lord, and to whom they will send their banners. . For example. If you ask house Mallister who their overlord is, they will meekly say House Baelish. If Little Finger calls his banners, everything in his color is what will respond to his summons.  You ask the Northern Clans who their lord is, they will say "That good ol' Stannis to beat back that bastard and the leech lord." You go to 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:49 AM, The hairy bear said:

As said, the problem with this map is that it confuses claims or nominal control (House Baelish ruling the Riverlands) with actual control (House Baelish ruling the Vale, or The High Septon controlling KL). You should decide which way to go.

Other questionable decisions: House Greyjoy has conquered the Shield Islands, Stannis still controls (somehow) Storm's End. A lot of the locations marked as ruled by the Iron Throne (such as Dragonstone or Duskendale are actually under Tyrell control. The situation in the North is much more complicated, and it's hardly likely that the loyalties are split in contiguous territories as depicted.

This map is based on whether the lord of the castles and lands of each region consider their lord(except for KL which is confusing as hell) and the Lords Declarant simply because its useful to see how much power they got. 

On 5/25/2017 at 6:48 AM, Free Northman Reborn said:

Nominal control is not very informative at this point. Far better to portray matters as we, the omniscient reader (in terms of what has been revealed on page) know to be true.

In that respect, we know that the Boltons' actual control over the North falls far short of their nominal control. In terms of loyalists, they only really have the Dustins and Ryswells (as far as we know the intentions of these two Houses), while we know that the Umbers are merely playing a waiting game to turn against them, the Reeds are Stark loyalists, and that the Manderlys control the Lockes and Flints of Widow's Watch too, and are against the Boltons.

Even the Karstarks now have Alys as their current ruler - with a few hundred Thenns to back her up, with Cregan captured and the traitorous Castellan imprisoned by Stannis.

Such an analysis is more useful than one that simply shows the entire North as being nominally ruled by the Boltons, when we know that is not effectively the case. So I agree with the division into the various factionally controlled areas. I would just suggest that based on what we know, the Bolton effective control is even smaller than what is depicted on the current map.

Thanks for the backing. 

1 hour ago, Maester Saramello said:

Ok. I will slightly change the naming of the map. This map is based on wheter the lord of the castles and lands of each region consider their lord, and to whom they will send their banners. . For example. If you ask house Mallister who their overlord is, they will meekly say House Baelish. If Little Finger calls his banners, everything in his color is what will respond to his summons. 

It's extremely unlikely that House Mallister would answer a summon from lord Baelish. In fact they didn't answer a summon from the Iron Throne itself, as Jaime notes in AFFC when he arrives at the siege of Riverrun: "the banners he did not see gave him pause. The silver eagle of Mallister was nowhere in evidence; nor the red horse of Bracken, the willow of the Rygers, the twining snakes of Paege. Though all had renewed their fealty to the Iron Throne, none had come to join the siege. The Brackens were fighting the Blackwoods, Jaime knew, which accounted for their absence, but as for the rest ..."

Baelish has no real grasp over the Riverlands, and no army to impose it. He is completely dependant on the support or the crown for that matter.

But anyway, even if you decide to ignore this, there are other clearer situations in the map that should be changed: Storm's End and Brightwater Keep would answer Stannis' summons (for the moment), and the Shield Islands would follow the Greyjoys.

1 hour ago, The hairy bear said:

It's extremely unlikely that House Mallister would answer a summon from lord Baelish. In fact they didn't answer a summon from the Iron Throne itself, as Jaime notes in AFFC when he arrives at the siege of Riverrun: "the banners he did not see gave him pause. The silver eagle of Mallister was nowhere in evidence; nor the red horse of Bracken, the willow of the Rygers, the twining snakes of Paege. Though all had renewed their fealty to the Iron Throne, none had come to join the siege. The Brackens were fighting the Blackwoods, Jaime knew, which accounted for their absence, but as for the rest ..."

Baelish has no real grasp over the Riverlands, and no army to impose it. He is completely dependant on the support or the crown for that matter.

But anyway, even if you decide to ignore this, there are other clearer situations in the map that should be changed: Storm's End and Brightwater Keep would answer Stannis' summons (for the moment), and the Shield Islands would follow the Greyjoys.

Yes. the 3rd map was the latest one where I fixed that. The newest map should be the first. Thanks. I shall change that now. 

Stokeworth and Rosby are not under Baratheon of KL control. We don't know who the ward of Rosby and Bronn of the Blackwater will back, but they have effective control over the castles and are at least uncooperative towards the crown. 

I'd put Darry as being under Sparrow control. They let Lady Frey-Lannister party there, but the sparrows dominate the castle truly.

Agreed with those not being at the siege of RR - they wouldn't show up if Littlefinger were to call their banners. And I think you can give some areas to the BwB. The levies after all consist mostly of commoners - Fairmarket, Stoney Sept, High Hart, Oldstones are the BwB's, and the BwB is under LS, who is a Stark by marriage.

aDwD's epilogue confirms that Tarth is in Aegon's hands.

tWoW spoilers

Spoiler

By the start of Arianne I, Mistwood has already fallen to Aegon. Towards the end of Arianne II Storm's End has fallen as well. But Aegon is meeting Mace Tyrell for battle in the field.

Archived