Aemon Targaryen

R + L = J .... but so what?

111 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

:dunno: if they can pull that off, go ahead. I just don't think that's going to be a compelling storyline. 

no idea what he will do, but whatever he does, I'm positive he'll never finish the story. I hope I'm mistaken, but that's just what I think. 

Hmm, that really depends on how jealous Bronn is, and he doesn't come off as a jealous type. Also, if Bronn tried to keep Tyene off Pod, Tyene would immediately break their alliance because he wouldn't suffer a man putting boundaries to her freedom. This would result in a bloody war between Dorne and the Crown. Does Bronn want that? They probably wouldn't have enough books for the war. 

Ohhhh!!!!! So you think Tyene would get her way, and have BOTH Bronn and Pod, then???

Maybe.

Maybe.

Perhaps Bronn and Pod could share Tyene.  Have you ever seen the movie "Savages"?

Just now, Cron said:

Ohhhh!!!!! So you think Tyene would get her way, and have BOTH Bronn and Pod, then???

Maybe.

Maybe.

Perhaps Bronn and Pod could share Tyene.  Have you ever seen the movie "Savages"?

Tyene would have whoever she likes without anybody's consent. Tyene is a free spirit. 

nope, I haven't. 

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jaime and Brienne just fighting together will be awesome.

We are on the same page here but i don't blame George for it. Without him and his beautiful there will be no story like this.

I think it can happen!

R+L=J will matter in the show, as its painfully obvious that Dany won't survive the war that's coming with the dead. Jon will end up as king, and this will be at lest D&D's idea of a bittersweet ending: Dany gets it all, but ends up being dead in the end, Jon who  doesn't want to end up king,  ends up as one and probably marries someone out of duty and not love in the end.

29 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

R+L=J will matter in the show, as its painfully obvious that Dany won't survive the war that's coming with the dead. Jon will end up as king, and this will be at lest D&D's idea of a bittersweet ending: Dany gets it all, but ends up being dead in the end, Jon who  doesn't want to end up king,  ends up as one and probably marries someone out of duty and not love in the end.

I can totally see this going down, and frankly, it would be the best possible ending the show can offer. 

59 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

I can see this happening but that goes for other scenarios.

On 6/11/2017 at 3:13 PM, RhaenysB said:

Tyene would have whoever she likes without anybody's consent. Tyene is a free spirit. 

nope, I haven't. 

Nice!!!

I like the way you think!!

You should watch the movie "Savages."  It's a great film, with substantial parallels to what we are discussing.

Blake Lively is in it (not sure if you know who she is or not)

9 hours ago, Cron said:

Nice!!!

I like the way you think!!

You should watch the movie "Savages."  It's a great film, with substantial parallels to what we are discussing.

Blake Lively is in it (not sure if you know who she is or not)

That must be an interesting concept :lol: I checked it out in IMDb when you mentioned it, on the first blink it looked kinda like The Counsellor. I might be totally wrong. 

Yeah, I know, gossip girl, Ryan Reynolds and some obscure shark movie. 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:40 AM, RhaenysB said:

That must be an interesting concept :lol: I checked it out in IMDb when you mentioned it, on the first blink it looked kinda like The Counsellor. I might be totally wrong. 

Yeah, I know, gossip girl, Ryan Reynolds and some obscure shark movie. 

Yeah, the connection to what we were discussing with Tyene, Bronn and Pod is that in the movie "Savages," Blake Lively's character has two guys.

She loves them both, and they are very different, but they are very good friends themselves (in fact, the two guys are BEST friends, and they share Blake Lively's character knowingly and gladly she is not cheating on either of them)

Together, the two guys make "the perfect man" for her, and frankly that's how I'd see a three-way relationship between Tyene, Bronn and Pod, although to be honest, I'm not sure Tyene could handle both Bronn and Pod (unless Tyene is a nymphomaniac, I guess).

If you decide to watch the movie, let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, even by personal message if you so choose (since for us to get deeply into that would get well off-topic from these GOT discussion boards).  I loved the movie, gave it an A+ (it's got some really good twists at the end)

18 minutes ago, Cron said:

Yeah, the connection to what we were discussing with Tyene, Bronn and Pod is that in the movie "Savages," Blake Lively's character has two guys.

She loves them both, and they are very different, but they are very good friends themselves (in fact, the two guys are BEST friends, and they share Blake Lively's character knowingly and gladly she is not cheating on either of them)

Together, the two guys make "the perfect man" for her, and frankly that's how I'd see a three-way relationship between Tyene, Bronn and Pod, although to be honest, I'm not sure Tyene could handle both Bronn and Pod (unless Tyene is a nymphomaniac, I guess).

If you decide to watch the movie, let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, even by personal message if you so choose (since for us to get deeply into that would get well off-topic from these GOT discussion boards).  I loved the movie, gave it an A+ (it's got some really good twists at the end)

I'll put that movie on the never ending Need to watch list. 

Sp Tyene gets Bronn and Pod, but what about Bronn? He needs two women to make the perfect woman too. how will he ever find peace and settle down without a good girl to complement Tyene? Or is that going to be Brienne? And Bronn will be the center of two love triangles? We need a spinoff about this. 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I'll put that movie on the never ending Need to watch list. 

Sp Tyene gets Bronn and Pod, but what about Bronn? He needs two women to make the perfect woman too. how will he ever find peace and settle down without a good girl to complement Tyene? Or is that going to be Brienne? And Bronn will be the center of two love triangles? We need a spinoff about this. 

Hmmmm....great stuff, you are very spicy. and have brought the conversation full circle (since we were talking at some point about a tri-archy of Bronn, a good girl, and a bad "girl")!!!

Interestingly enough, we DO have evidence that Bronn is sexually attracted to Brienne. In fact, he DIRECTLY TELLS Pod that h would have sex with her (although in different words, HARR!!  That was the scene where Jaime and Brienne were meeting in the tent, and Bronn snuck up behind Pod, and asked him if he thought Jaime and Brienne were having sex).   So maybe you're right, maybe Bronn and Brienne would be a good match, too.  I'm not sure she would have sex with him, though.  Maybe, if Jaime was already dead.  What do you think?

Edited by Cron