(NEW) Entertainment Weekly Photoshoot (2017) With ALL the Starks!!!

a black swan

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Interesting. Way back in season 2 he was his councilour while Bran was the Lord of Winterfell (while Robb was fighting). Now he is a grown young man and he could be prepared for ruling. Not only that, he is the 3 Eyed Raven.

Yeah when he looked like bored to death listening to people. :lol:

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Bran was very young, but he caught on and did well.

Yeah, he did a great job in those few scenes. He knew which his role was and what they expected of him. His age was not a handicap. He did his best and acted and sounded like a Young Lord.

On 2017. 05. 27. at 11:50 PM, Lord Friendzone said:

He's legit and by blood half Stark - which what is currently the most important na mainly his values and upbringing is what molds him into a person he is. He's always gonna carry Starks side with him. No matter if he is to becomg King of Seven Kingdoms in the future. :closedeyes:

The whole dynamic of the Northern plot is different. In the show thy hatd Robb for what he did but in the books they're loyal to his memory, - which is why his will matter the most in the books, in the show it had to be done differently. Also, since he had an heir with Talisa unlike in the books. Where he had to choose between Jon, Bran, Rickon and Sansa ... not wanting Sansa to have it due to the Lannisters power and Bran and Rickon presumably dead. Jon was the next best choice to be KITN or lead the North. No doubt in my mind show did the equivalent of it but in a very clumsy way.

Of course him rulling the North won't last long due to white walkers and possibly leading up to taking over Westeros as a king. In the end he or who he's sit with on the iron throne Warden or Wardeness of the North. One way or the other the Starks will rule the North in some capacity pre and post war of dawn.

Yeah, he can't erase the stark upbringing, no doubt about that. 

Well, I would certainly be happy if Robb's will resurfaced and named Jon heir. It would make his being king in the north actually legit, whereas it is rather ridiculous and a tad bit unrealistic now. 

- in my opinion 

On 2017. 05. 28. at 1:42 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh yes, of course. Sansa comes first and not Jon if Bran is supposed dead. (They actually know he was alive, Jon knows it from Sam in s4 iirc, and Sansa knows it from Theon, that he was alive in s3). So he is kind of forgotten anyway. Could give them the benefit of the doubt (maybe they think he could be dead now and they need someone to rule meanwhile?) but Sansa should have been Queen and not Jon.

I don't know about Robb's will. It could say that Jon is de facto heir, but I also doubt he would make Jon heir and forget about his siblings. Maybe it could say if they are dead. Sansa could be disinherited because he'd be assuming that this could make the Lannisters rulers.

I think there are chances that Jon becomes King in the North in the books as well, but I'm not really sure. What I know is that in the books they won't forget about Bran if he reappears in WInterfell.

Yeah but come on, Bran is a crippled kid lost in the wilderness. Anybody would assume he is dead. And season 3 and 4 were both a while back. He could have died ten thousand times since then for all Sansa and Jon know. 

I don't know what happens in the books, and I don't really care all that much either at this point. I'm sure it would make more sense than the show does, alas, the show is all we get. 

In my opinion 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, he can't erase the stark upbringing, no doubt about that. 

Well, I would certainly be happy if Robb's will resurfaced and named Jon heir. It would make his being king in the north actually legit, whereas it is rather ridiculous and a tad bit unrealistic now. 

- in my opinion 

I suspect Jon will become or will have to become full time Targaryen. No Jon Stark or Snow and face the truth about his parentage.

Robb's will is bound to resurface in the future and bring the North into the civil war. Show had no time for it and quite frankly no love for the North, They care more the Lannisters and Dany's invasion, and I understand the point about Dany, but the Lannisters.

Once Robb had a child with Talisa, it was pretty obvious that his will won't make it to the show. He had an heir and thus no need to name anyone an heir - whether it was Bran, Jon, Sansa, Arya or Rickon.  As a big fan of GNC and the North, show basically reduced the show version of this very introcate plot to the absolute necessary minimum because of time restraints. After Meereen many people are happy with this decision but I am not.

11 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I suspect Jon will become or will have to become full time Targaryen. No Jon Stark or Snow and face the truth about his parentage.

Robb's will is bound to resurface in the future and bring the North into the civil war. Show had no time for it and quite frankly no love for the North, They care more the Lannisters and Dany's invasion, and I understand the point about Dany, but the Lannisters.

Once Robb had a child with Talisa, it was pretty obvious that his will won't make it to the show. He had an heir and thus no need to name anyone an heir - whether it was Bran, Jon, Sansa, Arya or Rickon.  As a big fan of GNC and the North, show basically reduced the show version of this very introcate plot to the absolute necessary minimum because of time restraints. After Meereen many people are happy with this decision but I am not.

I would really really like that. I've been trying to get myself to like Jon for 6 years (show and books both) and the last chance for that is his embracing his Targaryen heritage so I can project my Rhaegar crush on him. 

Yeah, that would be a logical event to theorize if I believed in future when it comes to the books. But I hope that if there are future books, Robb's will will resurface for all the North fans. I'm glad the show skipped the northern conspiracy storyline, to be honest. 

But I do agree that the show is way too obesessed with the Lannisters which brings about both unrealistic and boring plotlines at this point. I wish d&d didn't love Lena headey so much and killed off Cersei last season. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I would really really like that. I've been trying to get myself to like Jon for 6 years (show and books both) and the last chance for that is his embracing his Targaryen heritage so I can project my Rhaegar crush on him. 

Yeah, that would be a logical event to theorize if I believed in future when it comes to the books. But I hope that if there are future books, Robb's will will resurface for all the North fans. I'm glad the show skipped the northern conspiracy storyline, to be honest. 

But I do agree that the show is way too obesessed with the Lannisters which brings about both unrealistic and boring plotlines at this point. I wish d&d didn't love Lena headey so much and killed off Cersei last season. 

I see, a little bit surprisng since Rhaegar is not the most popular characterar around here or generally speaking in this fandom.

Jon/Rhaegar/Ned do have things in common but more we'll read or watch Jon, the more apparent it will be that he has some traits of Rhaegar people end to overlook, and attribute it to only Ned. Ned will always be his spiritual father who taught, protected and gave him everything he needd to survive and become who he is. Raegar is his bilogical father and Lyanna his mother. This must leave an impact on him and he has to accept that fact that Ned is not his father. Probably hardest part in this whle parentage deal. Can't see Jon ignoring his biological parents.

I am not that happy about omiting GNC or large part of this plot but I can understand why they did that.

Love for the Lannisters is clear and probably to them the Starks are just boring good people even if we actually don't have that many good or better people than them. They love controversial character like Cersie, complicated like Jaime and witty like Tyrion. Probably more fun to write for them. Also it Lena ane Peter are quite possibly the best actors left on this show.

Well, that is pretty swell!!

18 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Once Robb had a child with Talisa, it was pretty obvious that his will won't make it to the show. He had an heir and thus no need to name anyone an heir - whether it was Bran, Jon, Sansa, Arya or Rickon.

A pregnant wife is seriously not an heir. It's like a 50% chance for a kid(specially in olden times), 25% chance for a son, who wouldn't be guaranteed to make it to adulthood either, especially not if winter is coming. He was hopeful for an heir. However he never had to name anyone but Jon, the others are automatically his heirs. By legitimating Jon he also becomes automatically an heir, but still only after Robb's son, if there should be one.

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I see, a little bit surprisng since Rhaegar is not the most popular characterar around here or generally speaking in this fandom.

Jon/Rhaegar/Ned do have things in common but more we'll read or watch Jon, the more apparent it will be that he has some traits of Rhaegar people end to overlook, and attribute it to only Ned. Ned will always be his spiritual father who taught, protected and gave him everything he needd to survive and become who he is. Raegar is his bilogical father and Lyanna his mother. This must leave an impact on him and he has to accept that fact that Ned is not his father. Probably hardest part in this whle parentage deal. Can't see Jon ignoring his biological parents.

I am not that happy about omiting GNC or large part of this plot but I can understand why they did that.

Love for the Lannisters is clear and probably to them the Starks are just boring good people even if we actually don't have that many good or better people than them. They love controversial character like Cersie, complicated like Jaime and witty like Tyrion. Probably more fun to write for them. Also it Lena ane Peter are quite possibly the best actors left on this show.

Yeah I know that. 

This had been/ is one of the main arguments in the R+L=J debates. That Ned's personality traits Jon "inherited" could just as well come from Rhaegar, that is Jon's taking after Ned doesnt exclude the possibility of R+L=J. Kit will surely attempt to look upset when Jon finds out about his parentage, but R+L has never been such a crucial mystery in the show as it is in the books, so I suppose the hype isn't that strong. It will certainly be something for Jon and Daenerys to connect over. 

The Lannisters are admittedly more interesting than the Starks, but not this interesting. Plus the Starks could have had potential if Arya hadn't spent two seasons sweeping floors and being beaten up in badly lit rooms or if they spent more time and effort on building up a chain of flashbacks for suspense and R+L hype before actual reveals. In my opinion. And, in my opinion, Lena is a terrible Cersei, in my opinion, which is mostly down to the terrible version of Cersei the show decided to portray, in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

So, how does everyone like Sansa's Bolton Flayed Man connecting dress pattern? So much for your name, house etc will disappear right?

I don't think that's a flayed man pattern, it just looks very similar to the Bolton show sigil. Nice catch, btw, I would never have spotted the similarity! 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't think that's a flayed man pattern, it just looks very similar to the Bolton show sigil. Nice catch, btw, I would never have spotted the similarity! 

It is the flayed man though, it was pointed out to me and yep, it is. Well, she is legally in their world, Lady Bolton. Just like in the books, Lady Barbrey Dunstin, who is widowed without children is Lady Dunstin, she was born a Rysewell.

12 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is the flayed man though, it was pointed out to me and yep, it is. Well, she is legally in their world, Lady Bolton. Just like in the books, Lady Barbrey Dunstin, who is widowed without children is Lady Dunstin, she was born a Rysewell.

Really? Interesting. Sandra did say she had always a Stark and would always be one. But with Ramsay and Roose and Walda and that unnamed baby all wiped out, I guess she would have the Dreadfort as Ramsay's wife? Darth Sandra Stark, Lady of the Dreadfort #allwomenmustwearblack

Just now, RhaenysB said:

Really? Interesting. Sandra did say she was always a Stark and will always be one. But with Ramsay and Roose and Walda and that unnamed baby all wiped out, I guess she would have the Dreadfort as Ramsay's wife? Darth Sandra Stark, Lady of the Dreadfort #allwomenmustwearblack

As sick as it is, unless she is re-married, Lady Bolton. Just like Cersei is legally Cersei Baratheon but she is a show diva anyway, like Dany who still uses her title as "Khalesi" when it is convenient but then she did not want to be put away with the other Khalesis so I suppose Sansa can ask to be called what she wants but if she is wearing the Bolton sigil, she is sort of embracing that.

18 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Idgi. In the cover pic with all four you can clearly see it's just grey rectangles connected in a diamonty way by grey strings? Something that abstract wasn't used for the Boltons, was it? Or which outfit are you talking about?

The idea of Sansa wearing anything with a flayed man is disgusting (and kind of really messing up a cute reunion with Theon, and there's a tragedy). Just take the Dreadfort and burn all the sigils, it's not that complicated.

47 minutes ago, ftheking said:

Idgi. In the cover pic with all four you can clearly see it's just grey rectangles connected in a diamonty way by grey strings? Something that abstract wasn't used for the Boltons, was it? Or which outfit are you talking about?

The idea of Sansa wearing anything with a flayed man is disgusting (and kind of really messing up a cute reunion with Theon, and there's a tragedy). Just take the Dreadfort and burn all the sigils, it's not that complicated.

It is sick what they have done to her character and here it is. look at the recent pix, here https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6e0wdy/sansa_stark_watching_the_hate_of_this_sub/The Bolton sigil is clear.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is sick what they have done to her character and here it is. look at the recent pix, here https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6e0wdy/sansa_stark_watching_the_hate_of_this_sub/The Bolton sigil is clear.

I don't take it as a negative. She is also wearing a chain (Umbers). Remember Cersei wanted Lady's pelt. Sansa is wearing the Umber and Bolton pelts. 

11 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Where is the sigil? I can't find it but I want to see it

4 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I don't take it as a negative. She is also wearing a chain (Umbers). Remember Cersei wanted Lady's pelt. Sansa is wearing the Umber and Bolton pelts. 

pelts are common, chains too on the pelt/capes but that Bolton pattern is distinctive and also is "keeping house Bolton alive" after her diatribe at Ramsay's end where "you and your house will go bye bye and be forgotten etc..." This has already brought back the Bolton baby prego rumors to some again. Ughh

Archived