(NEW) Entertainment Weekly Photoshoot (2017) With ALL the Starks!!!

a black swan

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Gotta give them credit for accuracy but it is a sick reminder that it "tickled their fancy" to have her be Ramsay's rape bride in order give them creative satisfaction.

I just don't think this is appropiate at all unless the Bolton plot is gonna be very important in her future again for some reasons we don't know, but I don't think so because they are dead. 

I mean...it's like saying she is not a Stark anymore. So unless she is gonna have a very dark future, which I don't think so, what's the point of that? They mad eit clear they are Starks, and they are together.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

As sick as it is, unless she is re-married, Lady Bolton. Just like Cersei is legally Cersei Baratheon but she is a show diva anyway, like Dany who still uses her title as "Khalesi" when it is convenient but then she did not want to be put away with the other Khalesis so I suppose Sansa can ask to be called what she wants but if she is wearing the Bolton sigil, she is sort of embracing that.

I have never seen or heard Cersei's name as Cersei Baratheon in books or show. And well, this is 2017 television. They are all show divas and do whatever they want. The sandsnakes rule dorne, for crying out loud, because #girlpower. 

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is sick what they have done to her character and here it is. look at the recent pix, here https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6e0wdy/sansa_stark_watching_the_hate_of_this_sub/The Bolton sigil is clear.

Now I opened this link and it only reassured me that it's not a Bolton sigil. It's just silver thread in unfortunate diamond shape which looks like the flayed man, but it's not a flayed man. It's just diamonds. 

Third zoom in: I don't see a head or limbs, it's not a flayed man. It reminds me of cardiac muscle tissue. 

Just now, RhaenysB said:

I have never seen or heard Cersei's name as Cersei Baratheon in books or show. And well, this is 2017 television. They are all show divas and do whatever they want. The sandsnakes rule dorne, for crying out loud, because #girlpower. 

Now I opened this link and it only reassured me that it's not a Bolton sigil. It's just silver thread in unfortunate diamond shape which looks like the flayed man, but it's not a flayed man. It's just diamonds. 

Cersei, books and show was and is an elitist. She never wanted to marry Robert and be his Queen, she wanted to marry Rheagar and be HIS Queen. The prophecy on the show with Sexy Maggie the Frog gave insight to that. Cersei thinks Lannisters are better than Baratheons. That is why she had Joffrey ingrained into always saying he was from Both houses and halving his flag/colors, coat of arms for both houses. Lannister, because of their gold/wealth feel they are above everyone else etc. Long before her, other houses produced heirs to the Iron throne but their houses were not on the colors, Arryn, Hightower, Valeryon, Baratheon, Bracken and Martell.

I hate to say it but it is no coincidence. That pattern is there for a purpose, same as Theon wearing Robb's outfit during Sansa's wedding and her dress that night etc, It is on purpose and that pattern is a nod to House Bolton for which she is now the defacto ruler.

28 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

pelts are common, chains too on the pelt/capes but that Bolton pattern is distinctive and also is "keeping house Bolton alive" after her diatribe at Ramsay's end where "you and your house will go bye bye and be forgotten etc..." This has already brought back the Bolton baby prego rumors to some again. Ughh

I take it as she is showing off that she defeated them. Although, that is a Bolton tradition as well, but maybe that is meant to really rub it in that she helped to defeat them??? She doesn't look pregnant to me. I don't think that will happen. 

39 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Third zoom in: I don't see a head or limbs, it's not a flayed man. It reminds me of cardiac muscle tissue. 

That's what I see.

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I hate to say it but it is no coincidence. That pattern is there for a purpose, same as Theon wearing Robb's outfit during Sansa's wedding and her dress that night etc, It is on purpose and that pattern is a nod to House Bolton for which she is now the defacto ruler.

There is a huge difference bewtween the custom departemennt taking an insopiration of some kind and looking for all the nothern houses for creative ideas and SANSA voluntarily putting FLAYED MEN on her body.

29 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I take it as she is showing off that she defeated them. Although, that is a Bolton tradition as well, but maybe that is meant to really rub it in that she helped to defeat them??? She doesn't look pregnant to me. I don't think that will happen. 

You show you defeated a house by hanging your wolf sigil from their damn Dreadfort and calling yourself a proud Stark of multiple castles. Their cross(ETA: LOL I meant gross, but anyway) ass sigil shall thenforth be forgotten forever. This is non negotiable, really.

19 minutes ago, ftheking said:

You show you defeated a house by hanging your wolf sigil from their damn Dreadfort and calling yourself a proud Stark of multiple castles. Their cross ass sigil shall thenforth be forgotten forever. This is non negotiable, really.

War trophies, including wearing war trophies, is sometimes a cultural practice. I don't like it, but it does exist. ( I think the Boltons practiced it for sure.)

16 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Cersei, books and show was and is an elitist. She never wanted to marry Robert and be his Queen, she wanted to marry Rheagar and be HIS Queen. The prophecy on the show with Sexy Maggie the Frog gave insight to that. Cersei thinks Lannisters are better than Baratheons. That is why she had Joffrey ingrained into always saying he was from Both houses and halving his flag/colors, coat of arms for both houses. Lannister, because of their gold/wealth feel they are above everyone else etc. Long before her, other houses produced heirs to the Iron throne but their houses were not on the colors, Arryn, Hightower, Valeryon, Baratheon, Bracken and Martell.

I wonder if she would have kept her name if she got to marry Rhaegar. Or maybe Cersei Targaryen would have been good enough. In fact Elia was never mentioned as Elia Targaryen either. And Lysa and Cat have always been Lysa Tully/Arryn and Catelyn Tully/Stark interchangeably. 

A nod to House Bolton is not an actual flayed man though, is it? I would like to hear D&D address this at some point. Maybe it creatively made sense to them to add a pinch of Bolton to Sandra (and mind you after feeding Ramsay to his dogs and grinning about it, the dress is the least that ties her to the boltons). Or maybe a curtain is just a curtain. 

- in my opinion 

It's hard to say, it does look a little like the flayed man, and the costume people for GOT, according to me, have some odd ideas on symbolism, or it could be a diamond pattern.  However, Sansa should be in grey, not black.  Although just about everyone is wearing black for the coming season.....

19 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

LOL. It is a time of war and supplies are short!

That was just a reference to the blue curtain metaphor, but yeah. Who knows. Earlier season costumes do look like the actresses are wearing actual curtains. 

17 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's hard to say, it does look a little like the flayed man, and the costume people for GOT, according to me, have some odd ideas on symbolism, or it could be a diamond pattern.  However, Sansa should be in grey, not black.  Although just about everyone is wearing black for the coming season.....

Grey? Come on. #allmenmustwearblack it's a miracle in itself that Sandra isn't wearing a black leather dress like literally all the other female characters.  

44 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I wonder if she would have kept her name if she got to marry Rhaegar. Or maybe Cersei Targaryen would have been good enough. In fact Elia was never mentioned as Elia Targaryen either. And Lysa and Cat have always been Lysa Tully/Arryn and Catelyn Tully/Stark interchangeably. 

A nod to House Bolton is not an actual flayed man though, is it? I would like to hear D&D address this at some point. Maybe it creatively made sense to them to add a pinch of Bolton to Sandra (and mind you after feeding Ramsay to his dogs and grinning about it, the dress is the least that ties her to the boltons). Or maybe a curtain is just a curtain. 

- in my opinion 

I am sure Clapton, the designer herself will discuss if asked. she was rather proud of how she made Sansa's wedding dress tear away up the back seem for multiple takes if needed.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I am sure Clapton, the designer herself will discuss if asked. she was rather proud of how she made Sansa's wedding dress tear away up the back seem for multiple takes if needed.

Wow, one doesn't even think about how many things they have to pay attention to. At least it would never have occurred to me what a challenge that must have been.  I'd be curious to hear what she has to say about the new Sandra drsss and the all black costumes (which are still dull and unimaginative - in my opinion!!!!!). 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow, one doesn't even think about how many things they have to pay attention to. At least it would never have occurred to me what a challenge that must have been.  I'd be curious to hear what she has to say about the new Sandra drsss and the all black costumes (which are still dull and unimaginative - in my opinion!!!!!). 

In time she will. I am sure of it.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, he can't erase the stark upbringing, no doubt about that. 

I don't know what happens in the books, and I don't really care all that much either at this point. I'm sure it would make more sense than the show does, alas, the show is all we get.

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

But I do agree that the show is way too obesessed with the Lannisters which brings about both unrealistic and boring plotlines at this point. I wish d&d didn't love Lena headey so much and killed off Cersei last season. 

9 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon/Rhaegar/Ned do have things in common but more we'll read or watch Jon, the more apparent it will be that he has some traits of Rhaegar people end to overlook, and attribute it to only Ned. Ned will always be his spiritual father who taught, protected and gave him everything he needd to survive and become who he is. Raegar is his bilogical father and Lyanna his mother. This must leave an impact on him and he has to accept that fact that Ned is not his father. Probably hardest part in this whle parentage deal. Can't see Jon ignoring his biological parents.

I am not that happy about omiting GNC or large part of this plot but I can understand why they did that.

Love for the Lannisters is clear and probably to them the Starks are just boring good people even if we actually don't have that many good or better people than them. They love controversial character like Cersie, complicated like Jaime and witty like Tyrion. Probably more fun to write for them. Also it Lena ane Peter are quite possibly the best actors left on this show.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

This had been/ is one of the main arguments in the R+L=J debates. That Ned's personality traits Jon "inherited" could just as well come from Rhaegar, that is Jon's taking after Ned doesnt exclude the possibility of R+L=J. Kit will surely attempt to look upset when Jon finds out about his parentage, but R+L has never been such a crucial mystery in the show as it is in the books, so I suppose the hype isn't that strong. It will certainly be something for Jon and Daenerys to connect over. 

The Lannisters are admittedly more interesting than the Starks, but not this interesting. Plus the Starks could have had potential if Arya hadn't spent two seasons sweeping floors and being beaten up in badly lit rooms or if they spent more time and effort on building up a chain of flashbacks for suspense and R+L hype before actual reveals. In my opinion.

Late to the party here - I'm of the opinion that Jon realizing that Rhaegar was his father and Lyanna his mother doesn't faze him one bit.  In the show he died and went nowhere - given that D&D seem to prefer to tell a story where there is no afterlife then I cannot imagine that Jon, who seems likely to be continued to be portrayed as one of the main heroes, will give a rats ass about prophecy after finding out he is a Targaryen.  Same way he didn't particularly want Mel to try to bring him back to life again.  Also, how many adopted children consider the people who raised them their "real" parents as opposed to their genetic/birth parents, I don't think Jon will care.  And if Jon & Dany literally connect while knowing their both Targaryens that would be a bit too emotionally upsetting for much of their fan base I believe, so I think Jon stays in the dark or rejects his lineage the whole time.

S6 King's Landing was insufferable.  Keeping Jaime around Cersei makes them both so much worse.  Then again Meereen was awful too.  They should have advanced the Iron Born plot and incorporated it some into S4 or S5 too so the Lannisters/Tyrells could have been dealing with the threat of Euron in addition to the Faith during S6.  Have the Martells make an independent claim with Myrcella and try to take Storm's End, but do something to create a better sense of conflict besides faith vs. crown which was really just "Cersei versus everyone in KL" without big stakes for anyone but her.

I'm not a fan of the GNC but I would have loved if Stannis' plot was carried out as in the books.  I think Jon getting involved more with the northern politics of integrating the free folk in with the Alys Karstark marriage would have been nice.  Felt like S6 was a repeat of S5 - desperate people from the wall try to rally troops to take Winterfell as winter is approaching.  Got real old having done it before in S5.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

As sick as it is, unless she is re-married, Lady Bolton. Just like Cersei is legally Cersei Baratheon but she is a show diva anyway, like Dany who still uses her title as "Khalesi" when it is convenient but then she did not want to be put away with the other Khalesis so I suppose Sansa can ask to be called what she wants but if she is wearing the Bolton sigil, she is sort of embracing that.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I have never seen or heard Cersei's name as Cersei Baratheon in books or show.

They full around with the names as they please.  Cersei was crowned as Cersei of House Lannister.  IIRC in S5 frankenGregor was introduced as Ser Robert Strong but in S6 they were referring to him as Gregor Clegane openly around everyone - Kevan, Olenna, whoever.  If D&D think the casual audience will understand her better as Sansa Stark/Bolton/Lannister for whatever their theme of the season is they will refer to her that way.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Everyone in black is beyond dull and unimaginative.  I mean, why is Dany wearing black?  Why does everyone have Joan Crawford shoulder pads?  If anything, Dany should be wearing something that is an equal mix of red and black.  Why Sansa is in black, who can say?  LOL.  I really dislike Cersei's weird outfit as well.  And same thing.  She's all about the Lannisters, but now, after 6 years, she's out of red and wearing black and silver.  But then I find a lot of the costuming leaves something to be desired......

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Everyone in black is beyond dull and unimaginative.  I mean, why is Dany wearing black?  Why does everyone have Joan Crawford shoulder pads?  If anything, Dany should be wearing something that is an equal mix of red and black.  Why Sansa is in black, who can say?  LOL.  I really dislike Cersei's weird outfit as well.  And same thing.  She's all about the Lannisters, but now, after 6 years, she's out of red and wearing black and silver.  But then I find a lot of the costuming leaves something to be desired......

I've taken it to be a really over the top way to emphasize winter and death.  While I like each outfit on it's own just fine (except the shoulder pads LOL) it is too much to have all of them in black.  Also makes Tyrion stand out strangely in his blue from the HBO pics.

Archived