US Politics: Mueller....Mueller....Mueller...

Kalbear

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

All that applause and gold in Saudi and Israel puffed him up again.  He's probably not hearing anything from home . . . .

The Saudis certainly gave the rest of the world the playbook on how to get Trump to agree to just about anything. 

1 hour ago, Notone said:

You sure know how to pick a winner for the highest office.

We sure do. Just be grateful that you only have to endure him in small doses. 

Just now, WinterFox said:

At my local sandwich haunt gianforte was on the news and the general response was "about time they go after these reporters".

Not good...

This also seemed to be the response in Montana by GOP voters at polling offices..

Just now, Mexal said:

This also seemed to be the response in Montana by GOP voters at polling offices..

Poor Republicans, they don't want to have to answer basic questions.

Just now, WinterFox said:

At my local sandwich haunt gianforte was on the news and the general response was "about time they go after these reporters".

Not good...

Makes me want to become a reporter.

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Seriously what happened to the Republican Party? They've been on the crazy train for the last couple of decades, but recently they've really cranked up the speed. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Seriously what happened to the Republican Party? They've been on the crazy train for the last couple of decades, but recently they've really cranked up the speed. 

They're tapping into certain feelings of people to keep power.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Cheetolini appears to shove PM of Montenegro out of the way to get in front of the NATOP photo op.

https://twitter.com/AmandaWills/status/867765100454842370

To me, it looks like he is grabbing his arm like he was going to say something to him, but he doesn't and uses it as a distraction to move to the front of the group. It's no less assholeish, especially when you see Trump's self-satisfied face. It's the same as his ridiculous power handshake that makes him feel like he's the alpha in control while others roll their eyes and don't care to engage in his stupid games. He's so embarrassing.

18 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Not good...

One response I got was "He did what everyone else wanted to do." Jesus.

ETA: The thing about Gianforte that gets me is the statement that he put out right after the incident. That he assaulted him is bad enough, but then that statement was toxic and a flat out lie. Oh, there were witnesses? Doesn't matter.

That's a great one too. So much funny. It's difficult, now, to credit how much of a clownshoe wearing bafoon I previously thought Bush Jr was. Got to give up a big Ric Flair wo0O0o0oo to that comparison.

I live in Alberta, which is predominantly a right leaning Province in Canada, yet Trump is a frequent topic of jokes and eye rolling laughter pretty much everywhere, here.

Heart out to my American friends, and Americans in general. Sincerely.

2 hours ago, WinterFox said:

Not good...

I heard this several times today, too.  It sent shivers down my spine and I don't think I've recovered.  My neighbors think the press should be beaten up for doing their job and asking questions.  

Everyday disturbs me just a little more and I'm constantly surprised how each day I'm more and more shocked.

About the Montana election--

I sent a bit of money to Mr. Quist the Democratic candidate a few days ago. Since then I believe I have gotten more fundraising emails from him than I've ever gotten in a short period of time from any other candidate, and their tone has sometimes felt a bit harrassing. They were constantly telling you some large specific amount of money he had to have to insure that he kept his ads on the air or was able to get out the vote today.

So the last one I got said:

Poll are closing in just ONE HOUR, and we still need to raise $87 more so we can get every last Democrat out to vote.

I find this hilarious. What on earth would happen if they get that $87 in an hour before polls close that wouldn't happen without it? :)

Surely they've already contracted for anything that $87 will buy. I'm sure these emails were computerized -- the fact that they were only $87 short of their goal an hour before polls closed seems to show their fundraising was actually massively successful to me.

5 hours ago, Mexal said:

Sounds like a helluva lot of people voted by post, which means their votes went in before the assault, and that probably means he's already won before any walk in votes have been cast. All the dis-endorsements by news media across the state won't count for squat. Indeed, media endorsements seem to generally count for squat and are just ways for media to make themselves think they are important. How much conservative media endorsed Hillary over Trump? Not one Romney State went for Hillary. And we all know the Obama states that went for Trump.

6 hours ago, WinterFox said:

That's pretty interesting. I can understand the sentiment, but I would have guessed that the candidate doing it personally would be viewed unfavorably. Looks like decorum is also losing its power.

In any case, FiveThirtyEight has called the race for Gianforte so either the news didn't get out in time or not enough people cared (or perhaps they even shared the general opinion of the sandwich haunt).

Yeah, it is now up to Ossoff to trigger the wave election narrative. Once again, even though Quist should never have come within 7 points of Gianforte, the fact that he lost is going to be the primary takeaway for everyone, as absurd as it is. And what may be much worse, Gianforte's treatment of the reporter is now going to be part of the Republican playbook, even more than it was before. Maybe not outright assaulting journalists, but certainly emulating Trump in threatening them and creating a hostile environment for them.

Archived