Wonder Woman (spoiler thread) - skip to pg. 14 for actual movie discussion

Corvinus85

On 6/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, Corvinus said:

Also, how harmful are bullets for her? Antiope takes a bullet to save her, but not only is she more than just a regular Amazon, she keeps getting thrown around by Ares without a scratch on her.

Not harmful so much as embarrassing.

https://geektyrant.com/news/superman-and-wonder-woman-discuss-bullet-bouncing-in-humorous-comic

2 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Just curious, what would your top five be and where would you rank Wonder Woman in there? To put this in perspective.

You didn't ask me but I am going to answer anyway! The first four are locks for me, then they kind of all tie for 5th, then WW is behind them.

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Avengers

Dead Pool

Cpt Am Winter Soldier

Spider-man, the first one with Toby Mcguire

Logan

Superman, Christopher Reeves

Watchmen

Capt Am Civil War

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

X-Men

I am sure there are a few more I am not thinking of, then Wonder Woman

8 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Just curious, what would your top five be and where would you rank Wonder Woman in there? To put this in perspective.

1. 1978 - Superman

2. 2017 - Wonder Woman

3. 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy

4. 2012 - Avengers

5. 2008 - Dark Knight

On 01/06/2017 at 5:39 PM, fionwe1987 said:

What, you googled NIH and that's suppossed to impress us?? Lol. 

Your total genetic material is spread over 46 chromosomes. 23 from your father, 23 from your mother, whether you are an XX OR XY individual. The X does indeed have more genes than the Y, but your statement was:

I doubt you even know XX individuals always receive 2000 genes from their mother and 200 from their father. 

XX individuals get one X from their father and one from their mother, so they get exactly the same number of genes from either parent, as the other 44 chromosomes are also similarly sourced, one of each pair from each parent.

Your claim was utterly nonsensical, based on an incorrect understanding of reproductive biology that a child could have easily corrected you on.

It was a typo which in the context on my posts is clear, but no not to the fraud claiming to be a cell biologist haha.  You make the claim that XX individuals get the exact same number of genes from both parents, no they don't even a basic course at University in biology would educate you into the fact XX individuals have an active and inactive X chromosome which may be the mothers or the fathers, most of the genes if not all of them are switched off in the inactive chromosome.  On your way fraud, ideologue.

On 04/06/2017 at 1:43 AM, Howdyphillip said:

You just linked an article from the South China morning post. It is a very poor translation that has been translated back into English.

Here is Patty Jenkins being quoted directly. 

Here is Gal Godot elaborating on this.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/29/patty-jenkins-criticism-wonder-woman-sexy-skimpy-costume-sexist/

It is not a very poor translation at all it was written in English by someone called James Mottram.

Gal Gadot extols a more positive side of calling oneself a feminist, that movie theatre banning men and hiding behind it being a charity function and thus not a public accommodation to avoid federal civil rights law, who would want to be associated with people like that?

1 minute ago, Traveller between Worlds said:

It is not a very poor translation at all it was written in English by someone called James Mottram.

Gal Gadot extols a more positive side of calling oneself a feminist, that movie theatre banning men and hiding behind it being a charity function and thus not a public accommodation to avoid federal civil rights law, who would want to be associated with people like that?

I've seen the movie three times at that theatre chain, so your answer is me... Also, please find a quote remotely resembling the BS one you posted anywhere else.

3 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I've seen the movie three times at that theatre chain, so your answer is me... Also, please find a quote remotely resembling the BS one you posted anywhere else.

Lying about it being a poor translation, crying about it being written by someone called James Mottram haha, Theatre chain is not the same as those specific theaters, 2 as I recall, is the chain a franchise even specific management decision? as like FUCK would they get away with it as a nationwide event.

Now, as Jenkins receives mostly glowing feedback for “Wonder Woman,” she feels affirmed in hewing to her egalitarian outlook. “I don’t think about ‘Wonder Woman’ as a female film. She’s a major superhero.”

The Washington f'ing Post good enough for you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/05/31/how-wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-cracked-the-superhero-movie-glass-ceiling/?utm_term=.b39eb35225ab

4 hours ago, Traveller between Worlds said:

Lying about it being a poor translation, crying about it being written by someone called James Mottram haha, Theatre chain is not the same as those specific theaters, 2 as I recall, is the chain a franchise even specific management decision? as like FUCK would they get away with it as a nationwide event.

My apologies. I had assumed that it was a translation problem because that seemed more likely than this fuckwit James Mottram actually lied about a Patty Jenkins quote. It turns out I am incorrect and this guy did intentionally misquote her as far as all evidence points out.  Also revealed after a bit of research is the fact that Rupert Murdoch owns the SCMP which further clarifies why the paper is a flaming pile of a lying shit storm.

4 hours ago, Traveller between Worlds said:

I'm not sure you understand words, but nowhere in here is the false Patty Jenkins quote. At no point does Patty Jenkins say that Wonder Woman is not a feminist. I know as an MRA you are probably confused by crying and masturbating to this movie at the same time, but now, please take your drivel somewhere else kid so the rest of us can talk about how great of a movie this actually was. 

14 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

My apologies. I had assumed that it was a translation problem because that seemed more likely than this fuckwit James Mottram actually lied about a Patty Jenkins quote. It turns out I am incorrect and this guy did intentionally misquote her as far as all evidence points out.  Also revealed after a bit of research is the fact that Rupert Murdoch owns the SCMP which further clarifies why the paper is a flaming pile of a lying shit storm.

Listen man-child James Mottram hasn't lied AT ALL, Patty Jenkins says SHE'S AN EGALITARIAN, just like I and James is probably too.

Again from the Washington Post, see the bolded part READ IT LET IT SEEP INTO YOUR TINY BRAIN.

Now, as Jenkins receives mostly glowing feedback for “Wonder Woman,” she feels affirmed in hewing to her egalitarian outlook. “I don’t think about ‘Wonder Woman’ as a female film. She’s a major superhero.”

she feels affirmed in hewing to her egalitarian outlook. “I don’t think about ‘Wonder Woman’ as a female film. She’s a major superhero.”

How the f do you argue against that?  Well you're an ideologue, completely crazy.

Rupert Murdoch DOES NOT OWN SCMP, it's owned by Alibaba Group.

SCMP was owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation until it was acquired by real estate tycoon Robert Kuok in 1993.  On 11 December 2015, it was announced that Alibaba Group would acquire the media properties of the SCMP Group, including the South China Morning Post. On 5 April 2016 Alibaba Group completed the acquisition

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_China_Morning_Post

Wonder woman has nothing for people like you.

37 minutes ago, Traveller between Worlds said:

Listen man-child James Mottram hasn't lied AT ALL, Patty Jenkins says SHE'S AN EGALITARIAN, just like I and James is probably too.

Again from the Washington Post, see the bolded part READ IT LET IT SEEP INTO YOUR TINY BRAIN.

she feels affirmed in hewing to her egalitarian outlook. “I don’t think about ‘Wonder Woman’ as a female film. She’s a major superhero.”

How the f do you argue against that?  Well you're an ideologue, completely crazy.

Rupert Murdoch DOES NOT OWN SCMP, it's owned by Alibaba Group.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_China_Morning_Post

Wonder woman has nothing for people like you.

First off, you half wit. words do actually mean something. There is all of the difference in the world between the two words female and feminist. If you do not understand the difference between these words, I do not know why I am stooping low enough to have a conversation with you.  Your guy in South China misquoted Jenkins plain and simple.

Secondly, a feminist view is an egalitarian stance. Jenkins herself talks about coming to this viewpoint  through her mother's understanding of 2nd wave feminism in the article you brought up. This directly conflicts the lies you are spreading from the bullshit Chinese article you linked.

Finally, she also specifically talks about having an understanding that sexism exists. You just prove her point the more and more you discuss this. It is obvious that you have a narrow world view.

Now, hopefully, we can get back to talking about how great this movie actually is, and discuss its rankings among the best superhero movies of all time instead of sitting here and listening to idiots whine about an all female viewing that happened for a charity. 

How does someone have a conversation with a liar?  It doesn't happen.  You've lied constantly have been exposed for it, it's always good to expose people like you.

Read it again Patty Jenkins is an egalitarian, she knows sexism exists but it's not specific to just XX chromosome individuals which is why she's an egalitarian.

11 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Secondly, a feminist view is an egalitarian stance.

Show me where Patty Jenkins says she's a feminist?  It wont happen which is why you haven't linked to any article where she says it.  She's an egalitarian and would have nothing to do with a divisive ideology like feminism once the reality of some of the cretins who would abuse it come out of the woodwork.

Gal Gadot is certainly a feminist:

“I think people take it the wrong way when I say I’m a feminist. Feminism is not about burning bras and hating men. It’s about gender equality. Whoever is not a feminist is a chauvinist… We need to educate boys, show boys strong women in powerful positions. It’s all about expanding the possibilities of what women can be. I know I couldn’t do this without my husband.”

Patty Jenkins credited her mother - a second-wave feminist - to her worldview.

Having been raised by her feminist mother, Jenkins admits she may have been sheltered from the realization that her status as a woman filmmaker would be such a big deal in the media.

“I’m not just a filmmaker, it's that I'm a woman filmmaker,” Jenkins said. “It’s dual, because on the one hand I'm shocked that that's such a rarity, [and] I'm super grateful that I'm the person who gets to do it, but on the other hand, I only got here by not thinking about that at all. I got here by assuming that I could do what I wanted if I was willing to work hard enough to do it.”

While it doesn't say that she identifies as a feminist, it's pretty clear that she's heavily dedicated to it, and that (along with Gal's version of feminism) is right up her alley. 

41 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Gal Gadot is certainly a feminist:

Patty Jenkins credited her mother - a second-wave feminist - to her worldview.

While it doesn't say that she identifies as a feminist, it's pretty clear that she's heavily dedicated to it, and that (along with Gal's version of feminism) is right up her alley. 

I've already said Gal Gadot has feminist views caught in the mainstream media bubble, she extols a positive version of feminism, she will without a doubt become an egalitarian if she stays close to Patty.  Patty Jenkins is a director, it is highly likely Patty Jenkins has the greater intellectual development than the actor she is directing.

Patty Jenkins is dedicated to egalitarianism like many highly educated people are.

Uneducated unintelligent people aren't dedicated to eradicating genderism, HowdyPhilips childish attack on James Mottram because he wrote about Patty Jenkins egalitarianism is a case in point.

So quote where Patty is dedicated to feminism, she;s dedicated to eradicating sexism a completely different and greater position, who even knows what motivates people like you competition, misandry, no-one meets only scumbag XY individuals, blaming them for everything is disgusting and boring and highly inaccurate, aka misandry.  Your experience is you like women well good for you, I like people I like the ideas they have that's the number one important thing, you like something else specifically about women that's what you care about.  The life your ideas and intellectual honesty leads you too is not a good place, as you've found out the older you get.  As XX individuals grow up they aren't interested in fakes.

On 30/05/2017 at 11:29 PM, Kalbear said:

Citation needed. Where in the marketing does Wonder Woman say anything about feminist ideals? This is a story about a being that was literally created of clay and lives without any men. How feminist do you believe that to be?

Fraud, you care nothing about feminism and especially not about egalitarianism.

2 minutes ago, Leap said:

I have to admit I've never seen the original Superman (to my shame!), so I'll get around to that asap. With that in mind, here's a list of my top 5 Superhero films, no order given because it changes too often.

• Wonder Woman
  • Iron Man
  • The Dark Knight
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Logan

Shout out to Deadpool, The Avengers and Thor too. I know Thor isn't really in the same league as the other ones, but it's still one of my favourite MCU films.

I really think the nostalgia factor is the primary reason I have Superman as my number one movie. Superman II is objectively the better movie, but my love of the genre started with that Christopher Reeves performance.

Archived