Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

They did, but as they self-excommunicated I'm not sure how it counts. Is it half a baby? 

They met through the board though.  That's gotta count as a full baby.  

2 minutes ago, S John said:

They met through the board though.  That's gotta count as a full baby.  

I guess that's fair. We also kind of got Raidne divorced the first time, so that's extra bonus points I think

35 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I've not received a board baby so far. Is it a bit like World Cups and Euro Championships, where people post in a sign-up thread and Ran assigns everyone a board baby at random? If someone could point me in the direction of the sign-up thread, that would be much appreciated.

I can't wait to pick out a new avatar for my board baby and I!  :wub:

you can have mine, i never use the damn thing

18 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Some of my friends from this board whom I have never met in person, are who i'd turn to with any kinda weighty life question over the bulk of my 'real life' friends and family.  Only had the privilege of meeting a certain red crustacean in person (true class act) but looking forward to meeting many more of you wonderful boardfolk who have been such a pleasure to hang with on teh webz the last five years or so.

OP, welcome!

no act but class act! :commie:

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I guess that's fair. We also kind of got Raidne divorced the first time, so that's extra bonus points I think

I think you might be giving the board a bit too much credit on that one. My impression of her personal advice threads was always that she'd already made up her mind.

1 minute ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

I think you might be giving the board a bit too much credit on that one. My impression of her personal advice threads was always that she'd already made up her mind.

:lol: My impression of her personal advice threads around that time was that she was reasonably convinced her ex/soon to be ex husband was a sociopath so the writing may have been on the wall.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

:lol: My impression of her personal advice threads around that time was that she was reasonably convinced her ex/soon to be ex husband was a sociopath so the writing may have been on the wall.

I thought that was one of his better points....

3 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

Hang out here and you'll wind up with too many!  (Just kidding, I love you guys)

I was active here for a bit in 2015, the whole place looks different now and it also seems far less active. The new format is also very clumsy and unattractive looking, sorry to say :/ Don't tell me activity died out here and people left? That sounds sad.

6 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I've not received a board baby so far. Is it a bit like World Cups and Euro Championships, where people post in a sign-up thread and Ran assigns everyone a board baby at random? If someone could point me in the direction of the sign-up thread, that would be much appreciated.

I can't wait to pick out a new avatar for my board baby and I!  :wub:

What happened to that forum baby I gave you a few years back?!?!?!

6 hours ago, Kalbear said:

They did, but as they self-excommunicated I'm not sure how it counts. Is it half a baby? 

That's certainly how it worked for us; we got Germany (so I went with Alaric) and Israel (so we went with Joshua)

''Tis true. We got USA (so I chose Maverick) and England (so I went with Brandon). 

17 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I've not received a board baby so far. Is it a bit like World Cups and Euro Championships, where people post in a sign-up thread and Ran assigns everyone a board baby at random?

I think there's post count threshold first.  So, Sellsword, something, something, Council Member ------------------------> Board Baby!!

Archived