Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

i shall be the one sitting on the porch, waiting with cocktails and tales to tell of high seas and pirate kings...

i might also have some fossils, a few pottery shards and an arrowhead or two that might be interesting to you ;)

And I will bring you a Bergslagssten to play with.

Hah, someone said Sandra Hill? This is our wonder and delight.

10 hours ago, Liffguard said:

This thread is reminding me how long it's been since I met with anyone from the board in person. I'm super bummed-out that I can't make it to Worldcon.

You should try and make it to Dublin tho, so we can get your take on how it was "A time of war". :P

Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'

23 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

And if anyone still has doubts, all they need to do is look at the threads for Bonesy.  There is so much caring in this place. :love: 

:wub:

On Sunday, June 04, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

And if anyone still has doubts, all they need to do is look at the threads for Bonesy.  There is so much caring in this place. :love: 

I thought this too. I did not know him, but the messages posted for him and the donations show how tight the friendships on this board are.

I've been a reader of this forum for a loooong time, but I've only recently begun stepping up my post count. This forum has always been a great place with intelligent and personable people. It's kind of like watching a good movie and knowing the cast are good pals behind the scenes. 

I have never met anyone on this board in person but yes,  I would say I have real friends here. I look forward to their posts and try to respond whenever I can. I would like to meet some in person but I am a bit shy so who knows. Maybe someday.

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

I have never met anyone on this board in person but yes,  I would say I have real friends here. I look forward to their posts and try to respond whenever I can. I would like to meet some in person but I am a bit shy so who knows. Maybe someday.

:grouphug:

On 6/5/2017 at 10:33 AM, Lily Valley said:

He's doing great.  Busy with kids and his lovely lady of the long dark hair, I believe.  @Ravenhair

i am cheering this post @Lily Valley...i hope to come south this summer and expect to meet you and solo...after all south louisiana is my home...

6 hours ago, James Arryn said:

XRay, Lily thanks for the update. Glad he's well.

me too...i was hoping he was still with us even if he ain't with us...

6 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

..after all south louisiana is my home...

I said your name out loud today, and it brought out the strongest accent my 5+ years in the deepest south could manage, without even trying. It is just something that sounds so Louisiana.  Now every time I think of you, I just smile (ok, I already did that ;) )

Archived