Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

14 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I said your name out loud today, and it brought out the strongest accent my 5+ years in the deepest south could manage, without even trying. It is just something that sounds so Louisiana.  Now every time I think of you, I just smile (ok, I already did that ;) )

ah Ma Chere...pee-aire brou-ssarrrr do love a crab girl, Lany...me and my pirogue boat are looking forward to taking you to our favourite  fishing hole...

:smoking:

My boss asked me if there was EVER a time more than 5 of us were in a room without blood on the floor.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Silly lurkers, the water's fine!  

I just HATE Stephenson with a fiery passion and SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BE CONVINCED!  :cough: @Ser Scot A Ellison

31 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

My boss asked me if there was EVER a time more than 5 of us were in a room without blood on the floor.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Silly lurkers, the water's fine!  

I just HATE Stephenson with a fiery passion and SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BE CONVINCED!  :cough: @Ser Scot A Ellison

It's not my fault you don't like Stephenson.  I've enjoyed almost everything I read that he has written. :)

I'm too shy to meet up with people from here in person, despite kind offers from at least one member of the board (and much love to them :love: ) However, I still consider many on here my friends. And seeing things like the thread for LoB, who I was not fortunate enough to know, makes me happy to be a part of this community

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It's not my fault you don't like Stephenson.  I've enjoyed almost everything I read that he has written. :)

"I have read..."   You're killing me.  Why?

I teach my students THE OPPOSITE of his presentation of Newton ((Baroque cycle) in class.  One of my hits is, "The Stannis of Coins"

:knows that Scot will eventually finish Liu's second book and he will weep with how RIGHT I AM:

XOXO TO YOU and yours.  This week I am praying to St. Christopher.   <3

8 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

I teach my students THE OPPOSITE of his presentation of Newton ((Baroque cycle) in class.  One of my hits is, "The Stannis of Coins"

:knows that Scot will eventually finish Liu's second book and he will weep with how RIGHT I AM:

Thank you.  My family will be doing quite a lot of traveling over the next week.

My mother in law's family shares a surname of a man Newton had hanged for counterfeiting. I use this fact to tease them on occasion.  

And, for the record, the Baroque Cycle, is one of the few Stephenson works I haven't finished.  I've never completed "The System of the World".  I tend not to enjoy epistolary novels.  

On 27/05/2017 at 5:53 PM, Myshkin said:

I've never met MercenaryChef in the flesh, but I love him with all my heart. I also kinda like Triskele and a few others. But not JaimeL. That guy's a jerk. 

I agree with all the parts of this.  

Except that I've met Chef, and I've seen his incredible air-karate skills in action.  

I guess mostly I just agree with the last part. 

Jerk. 

21 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Mercenary Chef is ok, I suppose. 

He's got a good palate for mustards, if nothing else. 

Also, (presumably) deadly roundhouse kicks. 

Thats enough for a solid 6/10. 

Archived