Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

3 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I've met JaimeL and he's totally a jerk. One of the nicest jerks I've ever run across. 

IIRC JaimeL is somewhere in the range of 3-5 years older than me and I don't know why this sticks out in my mind, but I remember reading a JaimeL post in which he shared the personal detail that he was 27 (at the time) and thinking something like, 'wow 27, he's like a real adult who has his shit together.' 

I'm gonna be 33 in a couple of weeks.  That 27 yr old JaimeL was once my board touchstone for responsible adult, and that I'm now 6 years past that 27 milestone myself, is a funny testament to how long I've been poking around here.  Probably 12ish years now.  And many of y'all even longer.

46 minutes ago, S John said:

IIRC JaimeL is somewhere in the range of 3-5 years older than me and I don't know why this sticks out in my mind, but I remember reading a JaimeL post in which he shared the personal detail that he was 27 (at the time) and thinking something like, 'wow 27, he's like a real adult who has his shit together.' 

I'm gonna be 33 in a couple of weeks.  That 27 yr old JaimeL was once my board touchstone for responsible adult, and that I'm now 6 years past that 27 milestone myself, is a funny testament to how long I've been poking around here.  Probably 12ish years now.  And many of y'all even longer.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much. Miss you, Johnny Boy! Glad to hear you're well. 

2 hours ago, S John said:

Yes, you are practically a young whippersnapper.

Now get off my lawn! (but leave the GIS plz kthnxbb)

EDIT: KEK @Mya Stone posted above me <3

19 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol I've been here since I was 18...:o  

Now I'm 23...whaaaat.  

Suffer the little children. 

JamieL being an awesome jerk in real life has to be the least surprising revelation of all time. How does Many express himself in person, I wonder, absent the ability to meme everything? Does he do a series of phantomimes while making short guttural noises aimed at passing Dodgers fans? Do any of you smell like freshly baked bread? 

Also, Theda, don't get mad but in my mind's eye you look like Rutger Hauer.

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Suffer the little children. 

JamieL being an awesome jerk in real life has to be the least surprising revelation of all time. How does Many express himself in person, I wonder, absent the ability to meme everything? Does he do a series of phantomimes while making short guttural noises aimed at passing Dodgers fans? Do any of you smell like freshly baked bread? 

I think I'll feel like a child here until I'm 40 lmao 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

How does Many express himself in person, I wonder, absent the ability to meme everything? Does he do a series of phantomimes while making short guttural noises aimed at passing Dodgers fans? Do any of you smell like freshly baked bread? 

I find crude gesticulation to be quite effective when dealing with Dodger fans,

Batman2_zpsf9cfcaf9.gif

Music can also be an effective means of non-verbal communication...

/You can all just kiss off into the air

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Also, Theda, don't get mad but in my mind's eye you look like Rutger Hauer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA

I love Rutger Hauer - I'm a 5 ft 6 brown haired woman but I'LL TAKE IT 

47 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Hey, I still feel like a kid and I have two children and will be 50 in 4 years.

:P

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I'm a pretty responsible adult but I don't feel like I quite act like an adult. And I'm not really attracted to the attitudes of most people my age.  They tend to be so BORING and negative.  Blech :P  Stay young Theda, :) age really is just a number.

Lol if I could stay 23 for a few years I would 

14 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Yes, you are practically a young whippersnapper.

Now get off my lawn! (but leave the GIS plz kthnxbb)

EDIT: KEK @Mya Stone posted above me <3

<3 <3 it's weird seeing the old handles and not our actual, real life selves on the book of faces, isn't it? 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol I've been here since I was 18...:o  

Now I'm 23...whaaaat.  

I started posting here as a barely 23 year old. <sniffle> 

Now I'm kissing 36. 

20 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Mercenary Chef is ok, I suppose. 

This has to be the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this board. I suggest you take some time to really get to know MC. 

Also to get a bit more serious for a moment, and to answer the original question of this thread, last night I learned that Bonesy has passed away. I'd never had the chance to meet John in real life, but still I cried when I found out. He was my friend, and I felt closer to him than many of the people I know from the "real" world. He was the type of friend that you could get into intensely heated arguments with, but at the end of the day know that you were still friends. So yeah, real and valuable friendships form on this board. 

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Also to get a bit more serious for a moment, and to answer the original question of this thread, last night I learned that Bonesy has passed away. I'd never had the chance to meet John in real life, but still I cried when I found out. He was my friend, and I felt closer to him than many of the people I know from the "real" world. He was the type of friend that you could get into intensely heated arguments with, but at the end of the day know that you were still friends. So yeah, real and valuable friendships form on this board. 

It's really hard to believe he's not still out there.

On 09/06/2017 at 11:21 PM, Mya Stone said:

<3 <3 it's weird seeing the old handles and not our actual, real life selves on the book of faces, isn't it?

Innit though? Kinda nice blast from the past however. :commie::D

WTB forum for only book readers/people who joined before the TV-series fl00b. :P

Archived