treatment of bastards.

Graydon Hicks

its just that, even with the information from the history book, i just cant find much on the treatment of bastards from the First Men cultures, save dorne, and i think that much of their viewpoint comes from the Rhoynar influx brought by nymeria. but where we see most of the discussion concerning bastards in history seems to be post Andal immigration. and they brought the Faith of the Seven with them, turning the invasion into a sort of holy crusade.

Fun thread!

Now, I have questions.

In Dorne, the eldest child, regardless of gender inherits.  What happens in Dorne if the eldest child and daughter of a a Lord/Lady/Prince/Princess of Dorne has a child out of wedlock?

For example, what if Daemon Sand or one of her other lovers had gotten Arianne pregnant?  She's Doran's heir by the laws of Dorne.

Now what happens when Doran dies and Arianne becomes the ruling Princess of Dorne?Who's the heir to Sunspear?  

I'd guess that if Arianne later marries and has a legitimate child he or she would be considered the heir.

But what happens if Arianne dies without a legitimate heir?  Do Quentyn and Trystan become next in line?  Or can Arianne choose her heir?

I'm starting to come up with to many questions, so I'll stop for now.

Archived