Memorial Donation to VA for Lord Of Bones - Donation Thread

Mya Stone

Hey everyone, 

I'm loathe to say it's time to do another one of these. The last one I spearheaded was for EHK's memorial, where we raised enough to get not only an amazing display at the wake/funeral but also a $1500 donation to the White Sox Foundation, something I'm still proud we did to this day. (i realize not a lot of people know me, but I assure you, I've been around a long, long time.)

This time it's for Bonesy. I'm asking we raise enough for a donation to the VA in Palo Alto, where he was hospitalized in 2014). His sister just informed me the family is not having a service, as John was not a religious man. Yet I still think it's incredibly important to raise money to donate to the VA in his name, and give the family a plaque/certificate in his honor. If you would like to donate, i ask that you PayPal me: [email protected], sending to friends and family. I'll update when funds start coming in. (I realize setting up something like a GoFund Me would be a good way of handling it, but I've dealt with them in the past and don't care for the 3% they take for themselves.) All money raised will be put towards John's memorial donation (honestly, I feel this would have made him strangely proud). 

In love, 

Mya 

good job, Mya...this is why i love ya, my friend :wub:

my email is my realname@hotmail, no pay pal account but i will figure it out...SwmbO will hook me up with my technology deficiencies

Absolutely, @WinterFox - I'm actually going to keep this open through Saturday, so a full week. If anyone needs more time than that, let me know - I'll try and check my PMs here, or you can always find me on Facebook (Sarah Elizabeth, the one with all the board members as friends). 

21 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Hey @Mya Stone -- I'll dealing with a fair bit right now, but will have more brain-space on Tuesday or Wednesday and will Paypal you then.

No worries, honey. Hope everything is okay. 

Thanks everyone for donating thus far, sincerely. We have over $700 and counting to donate! I'd love to be able to at least match EHK's donation. ❤️ From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate this community so much.

Archived