The Riverlands chaos

LordImp

So there are many storylines in RL who would need to be svolved soon.

- Blackfish is at large . I think we might see him in a prologue where he rescues Edmure.

- Then of course we have LSH , Jaime and Brienne. How will that play out? 

- The northern prisoners at the Twins

- The Hound might be around. Strongboar promised to kill him.

- Daven Lannisters wedding at Riverrun. Will there be a second Red wedding ? 

- Gendry is around

- Some northern soldiers are still around

- Where is Ned Dayne and Anguy? 

- Now that Jaime is gone , where will the Lannister army head?

- Black Walder is killing his siblings. Will there be a Frey family conflict?

- Will the Rosby Freys turn up? 

- Bonifer Hasty at Harrenhal

So how will all this play out? I think all these will be svolved by the end of Winds. 

28 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Also Baelish is still technically the Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lord of Harrenhal. So one would think he has something planned there as well. 

Yes. Littlefinger should indeed take controll of the region he's Lord paramount of. If he's smart he goes to war against the Freys. 

The reports we hear of in Kings Landing have the Lannister army dissolving.

With Jeyne Westerling being in the prologue and heading to the West with Edmure and co, it does seem likely that a rescue attempt will be made, though it would seem pretty far fetched for Edmure to survive.

I think Hasty will be killed by a wight so he might hold Harrenhall for a while.

I also believe in the Red Wedding 2.0, and that Jason Mallister has been built up as a badass so I am betting he regains control of his castle in the not too distant future.

I can't come to a solid opinion about what happens in the Twins.  The story of the rat cook and all the foreshadowing imo suggest Walder outlives his family.

I want to know more about the Blackfish. I think the reason he didn't marry when his brother ordered him to do so is that he was already involved in a love affair but I don't know who was his love. I am seeing hints that there is a connection between Jon Snow and Catelyn that (I suspect) goes beyond her resentment of him. So I wonder whether there could be a hidden bastard in the Blackfish's secret past. That's the only theory I can think of to explain a Jon-Catelyn link.

Thoros of Myr is also a big question mark for me. The fact that he was using magic he didn't understand and didn't know he could summon is so interesting. I suspect he will play a key role in resolving the Jaime-Brienne situation we saw at the end of ADwD.

Gendry worries me. His attitude seemed to be taking a nasty turn in ADwD. He had a difficult childhood and he would really benefit from some therapy, but where does one find a practicing child psychologist during wartime? Maybe Arya will return to Westeros and Gendry will recover a sunnier outlook on life.

An accelerated Frey implosion would be fine with me. Maybe we should start a pool, taking bets for how many male heirs will remain by the end of TWoW.

So many questions.

40 minutes ago, Seams said:

reason he didn't marry when his brother ordered him to do so is that he was already involved in a love affair but I don't know who was his love. I am seeing hints that there is a connection between Jon Snow and Catelyn that (I suspect) goes beyond her resentment of him. So I wonder whether there could be a hidden bastard in the Blackfish's secret past. That's the only theory I can think of to explain a Jon-Catelyn link.

Intersting tought about the Blackfish .

40 minutes ago, Seams said:

Myr is also a big question mark for me. The fact that he was using magic he didn't understand and didn't know he could summon is so interesting. I suspect he will play a key role in resolving the Jaime-Brienne situation we saw at the end of ADwD.

Agree. Thoros isnt pleased with Stonehearts leadership and he might give Jaime and Brienne a helping hand.

44 minutes ago, Bernie Mac said:

Which siblings?

I'll have to correct myself here. It's rumored that Black Walder killed his father , not his siblings. Edwyn Frey fears that BW will kill him.

18 minutes ago, LordImp said:

I'll have to correct myself here. It's rumored that Black Walder killed his father , not his siblings. Edwyn Frey fears that BW will kill him.

It is very likely that Ryman, like Petyr and Merret, were killed by the Brotherhood, not Black Walder. Edwyn is paranoid and jumping to conclusions while we the reader have a better understanding about what happened to Ryman. 

4 hours ago, LordImp said:

- Blackfish is at large . I think we might see him in a prologue where he rescues Edmure.

- Then of course we have LSH , Jaime and Brienne. How will that play out? 

- The northern prisoners at the Twins

- The Hound might be around. Strongboar promised to kill him.

- Daven Lannisters wedding at Riverrun. Will there be a second Red wedding ? 

- Gendry is around

- Some northern soldiers are still around

- Where is Ned Dayne and Anguy? 

- Now that Jaime is gone , where will the Lannister army head?

- Black Walder is killing his siblings. Will there be a Frey family conflict?

- Will the Rosby Freys turn up? 

- Bonifer Hasty at Harrenhal

So how will all this play out? I think all these will be svolved by the end of Winds. 

- Those prisoners will be freed somehow

-The Hound is not there. He's a nameless lame gravedigger. Strongboar will probably die before he gets the chance to go on that wild goose chase

-Yes, there will be a second Red Wedding, and Lady Stoneheart will smile to see it done

-Gendry will probably be reunited with Arya somehow before the end of the story

-If you mean the forces under Kyle Condon and Ronnel Stout, then yes, I'd like to know where they are too. But I'm worried that GRRM has forgotten about them and they've just vanished, never to return

-Ned Dayne and Anguy will re-emerge. Ned has to become the new Sword of the Morning

-The Lannister army will probably get wiped out in some spectacular battle

-There's already a family conflict within House Frey. I foresee that they will be wiped out by an alliance of wolves, Lady Stoneheart, freed northmen, and vengeful riverlanders (even if they aren't working together officially)

-the Rosby freys probably have the best chance of surviving since GRRM has gone to great pains to point out that Perwyn and Olyvar are innocent of the Red Wedding

-Bonifar Hasty isn't important. He'll end up dead due to the curse of Harrenhal. Or if I'm fortunate, then Littlefinger will be struck down by the curse and Hasty dies a hero in battle.

6 hours ago, LordImp said:

I doubt that even Blackfish can round up, arm, and position enough men to take on Forley Prester's force before it enters friendly territory.  Prester has a very large, well-disciplined force guarding Edmure and Jeyne, and I think any rescue attempt will go quite badly.  I also agree with Jaime that Jeyne may be the real threat.  If she gets loose and plays the martyr's widow, things could get interesting indeed.

Then of course we have LSH , Jaime and Brienne. How will that play out? 

I've no idea, but if anyone dies, I suspect that it will be Jaime.  I think his story may be approaching its end.  In fact, the main reason I suspect he may still be alive is that his body hasn't turned up.  Given her buildup in Feast, I doubt that Brienne will leave the story anytime soon.

The Hound might be around. Strongboar promised to kill him.

Strongboar is after the guy wearing the helmet.  That was Rorge, and now Lem.  The Huond is at Quiet Isle, and I doubt will leave absent some sort of threat to Sansa, or perhaps Arya.  In any case, I doubt he and Strongboar will meet.

- Gendry is around

Gendry is given more importance by the readership that he deserves.  He is an unknown and unacknowledged royal bastard.  That won't get you far; he was lucky to be apprenticed.  I've not seen signs of leadership out of him.  I expect he will meet up with Arya but don't know how far it will go; Arya seems to have moved on and barely thinks of him any more.

Now that Jaime is gone , where will the Lannister army head?

I expect they will eventually start searching for Jaime, if they haven't already.  Or his killers, if his body turns up.  The other logical place is back to KL.  I doubt they will stay in Pennytree in any case.

Black Walder is killing his siblings. Will there be a Frey family conflict?

Lord Walder is the onlly thing holding things together.  When he dies, and I think he will soon, the Freys will erupt into intra-family warfare.  It will get ugly.  No idea the end result, but the Freys will likely be weakened and distracted by it.

While the Riverlands are important, I expect that areas like the North and KL, as well as wherever Dany is, will be more important in TWOW going forward.

@LordImp and @Seams I'm damn near convinced that Jaime survives the LSH meet-up and 50% sure Brienne does too with the help of Thoros.  I can't see any other purpose for him prior to potentially running into other red priests before the War for Dawn.  But between Moqorro, Melisandre, and any of Euron's priests or anyone else we meet in Essos I think we've got R'hllor pretty well covered.

The Blackfish is who I am most interested in.  I believe he will free Edmure, and I could see him returning to the Vale and helping Sansa topple Littlefinger (mirroring how he left the Vale with Cat when we first met him).  Could he also be the one to re-introduce Robb's will to make Jon Snow KitN?

12 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@LordImp and @Seams I'm damn near convinced that Jaime survives the LSH meet-up and 50% sure Brienne does too with the help of Thoros.  I can't see any other purpose for him prior to potentially running into other red priests before the War for Dawn.  But between Moqorro, Melisandre, and any of Euron's priests or anyone else we meet in Essos I think we've got R'hllor pretty well covered.

The Blackfish is who I am most interested in.  I believe he will free Edmure, and I could see him returning to the Vale and helping Sansa topple Littlefinger (mirroring how he left the Vale with Cat when we first met him).  Could he also be the one to re-introduce Robb's will to make Jon Snow KitN?

Agree about Jaime and Brienne. 

Also agrees that BF rescues Edmure. Though I think he dies in Riverlands. 

I think Howland Reed will be the one to reveal Robbs wil. 

37 minutes ago, LordImp said:

I think Howland Reed will be the one to reveal Robbs wil. 

Only read the books once, so I may have missed it, but has Howland shown up at all?  How would he know about the will?  IIRC the will was done at Riverrun before Robb planned to march north to the Twins for Edmure's wedding, and only a dozen or so northern and Riverlands lords were there to affix their seal as witnesses?

28 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Only read the books once, so I may have missed it, but has Howland shown up at all?  How would he know about the will?  IIRC the will was done at Riverrun before Robb planned to march north to the Twins for Edmure's wedding, and only a dozen or so northern and Riverlands lords were there to affix their seal as witnesses?

Nope we havnt seen Howland yet.

Robb sent Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont with Robbs will. There orders was to find Howland Reed at Greywater watch. 

EDIT: It's not confirmed that Glover and Mormont has the will , but there are theories suggesting it. 

21 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Nope we havnt seen Howland yet.

Robb sent Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont with Robbs will. There orders was to find Howland Reed at Greywater watch. 

EDIT: It's not confirmed that Glover and Mormont has the will , but there are theories suggesting it. 

Thanks for clarifying!  Makes sense, Howland Reed would definitely be a good candidate for revealing KitN AND all of Jon's history whenever he shows up.

2 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Thanks for clarifying!  Makes sense, Howland Reed would definitely be a good candidate for revealing KitN AND all of Jon's history whenever he shows up.

Totally. Howland knows who Jon truly is , so It's going to be intersting when he shows up. 

14 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Totally. Howland knows who Jon truly is , so It's going to be intersting when he shows up. 

Somebody on this forum, I think over in the show section, used to sign off every post with "Howland Reed <---------- FUCK THIS GUY" last spring in reference to how he could be so useful and yet still hasn't done anything except let Meera and Jojen go to Bran.  Even posts that had nothing to do with HR.  Very funny.

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Somebody on this forum, I think over in the show section, used to sign off every post with "Howland Reed <---------- FUCK THIS GUY" last spring in reference to how he could be so useful and yet still hasn't done anything except let Meera and Jojen go to Bran.  Even posts that had nothing to do with HR.  Very funny.

I might be wrong, but I think Meera knows the truth, and somehow HR will never show up. I think he might be ill or something, unless there is he hiding from other people who might know the truth, but this somehow does not make sense, letting his children wander with Bran if he were in danger. He may even be dead now.

Archived