NBA Finals: TRILOGY Edition!!!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Irving is red hot, finishing all kinds of crazy shots inside, drawing fouls, hitting the pull up jumpers. Durant has been stone cold in the 2nd half. Klay Thompson carrying the Warriors offense here in the 2nd half. Should be a close finish. Cavs with a 3 point lead with less than 4 minutes left. You bums are missing a good one. 

Wow, what an epic collapse. LeBron passed up about 5 shots in the paint down the stretch. Just really bad.

Also a stain on Kyle Korver's career. Missed easily the biggest shot of his career.

HOLY SHIT. Durant heats up at the right time and scores 7 of the Warrior's last 9, including a huge 3 that gave them a 1 point lead with like 36 seconds left. As brilliant as Irving was throughout, he makes a huge mental mistake at this point by not pushing for a quick shot, which would have left the Cavs with a 2 for 1, but he held the ball for way to long, leaving the Warriors with like a 1 second differential between game and shot clock after the miss, and that was pretty much it. Soul crushing loss for this Cavs team at home after leading the game from about halfway through the 3rd quarter until there was less than a minute left in the 4th. Have to believe we're likely looking at a sweep now. Hell of a game. 

Entire season is a disaster at this point. If the league cannot produce teams that can actually compete against each other, why even bother with a lopsided playoffs? At this point the NBA Playoff product is as competitive as a Globetrotter vs Generals game. 

Anyways congratulations to Warriors fans, at least they can enjoy being on the winning side of the slaughter. I just crave the return to evenly matched battles where the Champion is determined by whomever puts the most determination into it

Haven't seen game 3 yet as it plays in the middle of our night, will do so tonight.

It's just too much what the Warriors have to offer. You add the second best player in the league to arguablythe best team in the league the last two seasons, and the result is inevitable, apparently. There is too much to cover for the Cavs, who in mind are playing almost as good as they can. They could get a lot more production from their bench guys theoretically. Love pretty quiet as well last night from the looks of the box score, maybe the Cavs should have 1 game in which their top 3 guys are all on fire? Last game it was Irving who was absent.

As a fan of the game I am at least enjoying the individual brilliance from LeBron, Irving, Durant. 

Kyrie is such a frustrating player to watch. He has an unbelievable skill at scoring and dribbling but his tunnel vision and playground style, not to mention his hilariously bad defense, really hold him back. His team was one point down with 40 seconds left on the clock yet instead of going for quick shot and 2 for 1 he wasted more than 10 seconds dribbling in place and then chucked a contested 3 which meant that the Cavs were forced to foul. He had so many great finishes and drives before that but ruined his game with that

I hate that Durant move made the league so uncompetitive, but people need to give him credit for his great play in the finals. That 3 point dagger in the end was his trademark shot.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Entire season is a disaster at this point. If the league cannot produce teams that can actually compete against each other, why even bother with a lopsided playoffs? At this point the NBA Playoff product is as competitive as a Globetrotter vs Generals game. 

Anyways congratulations to Warriors fans, at least they can enjoy being on the winning side of the slaughter. I just crave the return to evenly matched battles where the Champion is determined by whomever puts the most determination into it

The ratings of the finals have been great, and that's what the league cares about. It's all about the money.

Only thing I hope for is for James to not mail it in and play the petty "its already over" act. I don't think it will happen, those days are past him...I hope. Just go out and give his all, and nobody can say anything bad about the guy. He did go into shrink mode again last night in last 5 mins, which was puzzling. But, he does that for whatever reason. 

Warriors, I mean I hate to see the Cavs lose that way, but this team will be considered an all-time great team. No doubt about it. Their fun to watch even when its happening to your team. Kinda hard to explain. 

I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Bill Burr's take here overall. Apparently he was at Game 2 and he breaks it down here...

/Just to clarify, I wouldn't go so far to say that signing him was a "dirty move", every other team in the league had a proverbial shot at him, but it does make the game pretty boring in an ultimate sense. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Holy ****, Curry had more rebounds last night than TT has had in the entire series. How is that even possible? 

Lots of 3 attempts equals lots of long rebounds. On top of that, I think the Warriors have (for the most part) done a really good job of boxing out on TT and Love, which often leaves one of the smalls to grab the board.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Lots of 3 attempts equals lots of long rebounds. On top of that, I think the Warriors have (for the most part) done a really good job of boxing out on TT and Love, which often leaves one of the smalls to grab the board.

Love's been solid on boards, TT on the other hand looks like he's checked out. And when the Warriors go small he looks totally out of place.

Also another great stat from last night. LeBron was +7 while he was in the game, but the Cavs were -12 in the 2 minutes that James rested. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Love's been solid on boards, TT on the other hand looks like he's checked out. And when the Warriors go small he looks totally out of place.

Also another great stat from last night. LeBron was +7 while he was in the game, but the Cavs were -12 in the 2 minutes that James rested. 

Yeah, Love has been solid all the way around. He shot really well in the first two games.

Little surprised that LeBron's number was a positive, as the Warrior's have been shooting like 56% when he's the primary defender. I guess his offense offsets quite a bit, but it seems to me his defense has been subpar (at least in a relative sense)

8 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Bill Burr's take here overall. Apparently he was at Game 2 and he breaks it down here...

/Just to clarify, I wouldn't go so far to say that signing him was a "dirty move", every other team in the league had a proverbial shot at him, but it does make the game pretty boring in an ultimate sense. 

Imagine how differently the playoffs might have played out if Durant had gone to Boston...

Archived