Watch some TV/Movies and talk about it here.

Ramsay B.

Saw War for the Planet of the Apes at the theater last weekend. I actually really enjoyed the previous two movies in the series and had high hopes for this one. But it didn't quite do it for me. Not bad by any means. Just found it to be a tad plodding and overly dramatic in situations that didn't need it.

We finally got to the end of Twin Peaks S2. Holy shit, 22 episodes is way, way, WAYYYYYY too long for any show (leave 'em wanting more x10). Plus with Twin Peaks it's all so meandering and whimsical; it was actually torturous to get through in places. Now we just need to watch the film and then we can start on S3.

1 hour ago, Isis said:

We finally got to the end of Twin Peaks S2. Holy shit, 22 episodes is way, way, WAYYYYYY too long for any show (leave 'em wanting more x10). Plus with Twin Peaks it's all so meandering and whimsical; it was actually torturous to get through in places. Now we just need to watch the film and then we can start on S3.

S3 suffered from being too long as well. It didn't need 18 episodes. More like half that. 

8 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I see that Survivor has another new season and another new thread.  I gave up on that show a few years ago, but I never gave up on Amazing Race.  It hasn't been cancelled, has it?  When will season 30 be broadcasted?

Looks like they're just doing one season per year now, and season 30 will be released in 2018.  Probably March again?

On 9/7/2017 at 10:36 AM, williamjm said:

Recently I read a post on Facebook by someone asking if Groundhog Day was worth watching (the answer is obviously 'yes'). This reminded me that I haven't watched the film for a long time, so watched it again today. I've seen several things based on a similar premise over the years, but I think this is still the best in terms of how it explores the effects of the time loop on the protagonist (in its own way Edge of Tomorrow is equally good, but it's not quite as focused on the characters).

Yeah, I like Edge of Tomorrow a whole lot, but Groundhog Day is still the best. I mean, sure it's always fun to watch Tom Cruise being intensely desperate, but nothing's as much fun as watching Bill Murray be Bill Murray.

On 7.09.2017 at 0:36 AM, williamjm said:

Recently I read a post on Facebook by someone asking if Groundhog Day was worth watching (the answer is obviously 'yes'). This reminded me that I haven't watched the film for a long time, so watched it again today. I've seen several things based on a similar premise over the years, but I think this is still the best in terms of how it explores the effects of the time loop on the protagonist

It's probably one of the three or four funniest movies I've ever seen. A comedy that makes me laugh out loud few times is a rare animal, and Groundhog Day does it constantly, even after multiple screenings. I love it.

23 hours ago, Leap said:

Agreed, for exactly the same reasons. Edge of Tomorrow is a blast though, I hope they make a sequel.

You're in for a treat! The next film will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat, and it sounds like a lot of fun. 

http://collider.com/edge-of-tomorrow-2-cast-doug-liman/

8 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Holy fuck, BoJack Horseman is amazing this season. It is extra funny and extra sad. Wow. 

I've just finished binge watching it, and now I don't know how to feel. Sort of crushed but also sort of uplifted? And yeah, the jokes were great this season. I feel like the sight-gags were especially on point.

4 hours ago, Liffguard said:

I've just finished binge watching it, and now I don't know how to feel. Sort of crushed but also sort of uplifted? And yeah, the jokes were great this season. I feel like the sight-gags were especially on point.

Yes, you should feel all of those things. It's incredible and one of the most amazing vantage points into depression and dementia I've ever seen.  

HBO played the first season of The Wire last sunday, so I got the itch and breezed through season 2 during the week and I'm a few episodes into season 3 now. The groundwork for Hamsterdam is being laid.

I saw It on friday and really enjoyed it. The kids were awesome and funny as hell, and Pennywise was pretty freaky. 

Islamorada is where the Rayburn's resort of Bloodline was located, which in real, i.e. non-television life, is the Moorings Village and Spa.  I couldn't find information specific to this resort, but it may have taken a real big hit -- Marathon, which is just over from Islamorada, is nearly 100 % destroyed.  

https://www.local10.com/weather/hurricane-irma/islamorada-mayor-says-damage-left-by-hurricane-irma-pretty-devastating

Archived