Watch some TV/Movies and talk about it here.

Ramsay B.

I played hooky from work and decided to start a Lost rewatch this morning. I don't know if I'll finish the whole series but I'm definitely gonna watch the first 3 seasons over the next few weeks. I'm on episode 6(House of the Rising Sun)now, the first few seasons were so damn good.

I watched the pilot of Snowfall dealing with the introduction of crack cocaine to LA to help the CIA fund their proxy wars in Central America. Introduced and set up all the pieces for the series. Granted it's only a pilot but I found all of the characters interesting and am intrigued to see where it goes. Classic John Singleton.

I was going to watch the series Gomorrah next, but I got roped into watching The Handmaid's Tale instead. Four episodes in and it is living up to the hype. Disturbing and compelling. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I'll dive into the thread here once we've finished the series. 

8 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I was going to watch the series Gomorrah next, but I got roped into watching The Handmaid's Tale instead. Four episodes in and it is living up to the hype. Disturbing and compelling. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I'll dive into the thread here once we've finished the series. 

Dude, very disappointing decision. You let us all down.:mellow:

Watched Alien Covenant. Pretty good. Fassbender was excellent and a duplicate role for him worked really well.

Would have loved even more of the Xenomorphs but all in all, I liked what I saw.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Saw Spider-man: Homecoming. A solid 8/10 for me. Good casting and a very good villain, but high school doesn't appeal to me as much.

agreed.... I felt the same.... and.... 

Spoiler

If Michelle is the  MJ, as in Mary jane... they got the whole vibe of the character wrong... not the race (I'm all for changing a character's race)... just the loner/emo/rebel against authority thing isn't right... the whole point behind Mary Jane is that she is way over Peter's head....

But at the end of the day, its not that big of a deal

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

agreed.... I felt the same.... and.... 

Reveal hidden contents

If Michelle is the  MJ, as in Mary jane... they got the whole vibe of the character wrong... not the race (I'm all for changing a character's race)... just the loner/emo/rebel against authority thing isn't right... the whole point behind Mary Jane is that she is way over Peter's head....

But at the end of the day, its not that big of a deal

Spoiler

Is it really a spoiler, though? I thought it was pretty obvious that Zendaya was supposed to be MJ, simply cause you don't bring in a name like her just to play a bit character.

I will say though, even if she is MJ in name only (so to speak)....I strongly prefer this MJ over the regular one. She still is over Peter's head, as she makes it clear more than once that she looks down on people and considers many of them idiots, but in a hilarious (IMO) and snarky way.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:
  Hide contents

Is it really a spoiler, though? I thought it was pretty obvious that Zendaya was supposed to be MJ, simply cause you don't bring in a name like her just to play a bit character.

I will say though, even if she is MJ in name only (so to speak)....I strongly prefer this MJ over the regular one. She still is over Peter's head, as she makes it clear more than once that she looks down on people and considers many of them idiots, but in a hilarious (IMO) and snarky way.

Spoiler

I get your point... if not for the MJ thing, I was loving her character... so yeah.... maybe its better that they change cannon... I just cant picture her saying "Go get em' tiger"...lol

My wife picked LaLa Land for a movie tonight.  I was bored throughout.  She even gave up after an hour, so at least we saved 90 minutes of our lives.  Everyone -- everyone! -- who gushed about that movie has fallen a long way in my sight.  Cheesy, saccharine, self-indulgent, far too in love with itself, unlikeable characters and I hate jazz now.  

11 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I get your point... if not for the MJ thing, I was loving her character... so yeah.... maybe its better that they change cannon... I just cant picture her saying "Go get em' tiger"...lol

Spoiler

Oh I can...VERY sarcastically.

Finally saw Get Out last night. I enjoyed it more than my fiance did. I think straight up it was a modern horror film with some thoughtful social issues spread throughout. Some good comedic relief with the TSA dude. I'd give it an 8.5.

The only thing that I wasn't crazy over was the hypnosis stuff. Loved it other than that.

1 minute ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'll just add that Queen of the South is a very under rated show...

I've been wondering about this one.  I can't seem to find something good to watch and I keep seeing Queen of the South popping up.  Maybe I'll watch it when the kids go to bed.

The mockumentary Tour de Pharmacy. Seeing as it was Andy Samberg, I knew it wasn't going to be good. Mostly terrible jokes. The bright spots were John Cena, Mike Tyson and Lance Armstrong. It was better than his Wimbledon mockumentary though.

Archived