Westeros

HBO Exec on Prequels, Final Season

48 posts in this topic

On 1. 8. 2017 at 4:22 AM, lancerman said:

True but generally we are going to have an idea of what the broad strokes are. So the dream od hoping he finishes so we aren't spoiled is dead. And it's been that way for awhile 

Circumstances of Shireen's and Hodor's deaths will be different. Same as Stannis and others. Stannis will not burn her because he is hundreds of miles away. Mel and Selyse might do it or Mel herself. Hodor seems to be also different because can't imagine George going for the exact same route like show did. So there are bound to be changes and some big ones.

9 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Circumstances of Shireen's and Hodor's deaths will be different. Same as Stannis and others. Stannis will not burn her because he is hundreds of miles away. Mel and Selyse might do it or Mel herself. Hodor seems to be also different because can't imagine George going for the exact same route like show did. So there are bound to be changes and some big ones.

True, but the chance of Shireen not being sacrificed if unlikely. I'm pretty sure Hodor's backstory is legit. It's way too specific and obvious. 

On 4. 8. 2017 at 11:51 PM, lancerman said:

True, but the chance of Shireen not being sacrificed if unlikely. I'm pretty sure Hodor's backstory is legit. It's way too specific and obvious. 

Shireen will die but circumstances will be different. Don't think that it will be Stannis who will do it, just Mel and maybe Selyse, but she likes Shireen in the books., Even on the show she had a remorse there.

With Hodor I think it will be slightly different but he'll die helpding Bran, that much is beyond doubt.

On 6/5/2017 at 4:34 PM, Newstar said:

No, the evidence all points in the opposite direction:

snip

Bravo. 

As long as they do it right and don't rush season 8, then I am fine with waiting until 2019. 

On 27/07/2017 at 9:53 PM, ummester said:

It's pretty hilarious. This thing is destined to never end. And HBO want's to turn it into fucking Days of our Lives with prequels and sequels and inbetweenels.

HBO seems to be turning for the worse. Between that Westworld rubbish, milking every droplet out of GoTs and this new Yankee Man in the High Castle rip off they have planned - thank god Netflix still makes some decent films because Hollywood stopped telling coherent stories a couple of decades back.

You're joking right? 95% of the movies on Netflix are utter garbage.

Netflix, Stan and most other streaming services are usually much better for tv series than they are for movies.

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

You're joking right? 95% of the movies on Netflix are utter garbage.

Netflix, Stan and most other streaming services are usually much better for tv series than they are for movies.

I found War Machine, Beasts of No Nation and Autopsy of Jane Doe to be excellent films, far better than any I'd seen at the cinema in years.

Cant we just make sure it never ends ? i think we should continue for ever.