Best/Favorite Chapter That Doesn't Contain a Huge/Iconic Event

Foot_Of_The_King

5 minutes ago, Wolfgirly said:

I like the chapters that make me visualise beautiful stunning scenes, like when Catelyn visits her sister Lysa. The vale is described far more stunning and (dizzy with heights) than it actually appeared on the TV show. Also Jon's experience behing the Wall is stunning too. The chapters with scenery is better than what was made by TV.

I like chapters that are amusing. The stuff jailed Jaime says to Catelyn, lol. Theon getting lost and walking in circles in the woods trying to find Bran, Ricjard, Hodor, ect.

I'm an unconditional fan of the scenery chapters, too.

Still, some of the ASOIAF inspired artwork on scenery is pretty fabulous. To me, one of the best things GRRM's saga has done is give a lot of opportunities to artists.

The humour is great, too.

And the food!

4 hours ago, Prof. Cecily said:

I'm an unconditional fan of the scenery chapters, too.

Still, some of the ASOIAF inspired artwork on scenery is pretty fabulous. To me, one of the best things GRRM's saga has done is give a lot of opportunities to artists.

The humour is great, too.

And the food!

I don't know if I will touch eating frogs though, lol

The chapters with Davos at Sisterton and Davos at White Harbor in ADWD... really love the character and found the environments and characters Davos interacted with both stimulating and threatening.

The Melisandre chapter in ADWD... shed a lot of light on the character's motivation.

Cat's chapter with Jaime in the Riverlands dungeon when she gets him drunk and interrogates him in ACOK... Jaime is hilariously honest throughout the entire series.

Brienne's chapter with Septon Meribald in AFFC... the broken man speech one.

Ahh, there are so many, I'm sure I'll forget some. Melisandre's chapter was excellent. I found the scene between Sansa and the Hound right after the Blackwater very powerful. I liked Bran's chapters from AGOT and ACOK. The chapter where Lancel confesses to his affair with Cersei to Jaime in AFFC is a favorite of mine because it showed a lot of growth in a way that I haven't seen discussed very often among fans. We see Jaime rely on violence to resolve his problems in the earlier books, and Tyrion even muses that Jaime would kill Lancel if he ever found out the truth. From what we'd seen and been told, it almost seemed inevitable that Jaime would lash out at Lancel.

Only he didn't. Instead he became reflective, and left Lancel to his prayers. Then the chapter ends with a moment of silent horror and self-loathing as Jaime considers how close he came to killing Arya after she struck Joffrey. I've seen a lot of readers make the argument that Jaime doesn't feel any genuine guilt for the things he's done, especially where Bran's concerned, but I think there are several moments where his guilt begins to rise, only to be pushed down by different defense mechanisms, whether it be sword fighting or sarcasm. When he finally comes to a moment where he can't bury his emotions anymore (which I imagine is what his run-in with Lady Stoneheart will be), I think we'll finally see the true extent of Jaime's remorse. 

29 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

1.Brienne's chapter in the Quiet Isle. I love d that place's serenity 2. Bran's chapter that describes the winter feast at Winterfell.

I love those chapters too. Bran was so young there, and yet he was already showing this incredible potential for politics and ruling. I'm really excited to see where he ends up. 

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I love those chapters too. Bran was so young there, and yet he was already showing this incredible potential for politics and ruling. I'm really excited to see where he ends up. 

Isn't that the one when he Reeds show up? I love that moment for some reason. 

Anything where Ghost is present. It's the silent ones that have the most to say ;)

Khal Drogo showing his non-brutal self to Dany upon their horse ride journey after their wedding.

Jon kissing Ygritte "down there". Kissing a woman who's "been kissed by fire" and kissing her causing a fire "down there"...he's got to be TARG!!!! lol

On 11/06/2017 at 5:26 AM, Foot_Of_The_King said:

Frog legs are good... I've tricked a lot of people into eating them by telling them that they were chicken strips. (A trick my father used on me as a child)

LOL it still wouldn't work as I don't like chicken strips. :)

Archived