TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I now have six days left to find an internship. Ugh.

Good luck!

Don't they interact with the real world during the movie?

Nothing that couldn't have actually been done by Quasi instead, with him pretending to himself that it was the gargoyles doing it.

14 hours ago, felice said:

Good luck!

Nothing that couldn't have actually been done by Quasi instead, with him pretending to himself that it was the gargoyles doing it.

Thanks.

I do recall that at the end,

Spoiler

A gargoyle comes alive and throws Frollo into the fire.

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks.

I do recall that at the end,

Hide contents

A gargoyle comes alive and throws Frollo into the fire.

Pretty sure the gargoyle just breaks actually. There's a brief animation of it's features but that's either Frollo's hallucination or just part of the general imagery of the plummet to hell

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pretty sure the gargoyle just breaks actually. There's a brief animation of it's features but that's either Frollo's hallucination or just part of the general imagery of the plummet to hell

Aww, he looks like gollum. Except Gollum was happy when he fell because he had the ring. 

Random caffeine high chatter because I have an hour to kill: 

I'm really sleepy. This happens when I don't get my 8 hours of sleep. 

In other news, I have a new apartment crush. It's in a relatively pleasant neighborhood, it's huge, it's pretty nice and a good value for money, compared to other apartments I viewed that are much smaller and around the same price. It's still expensive per se, what isn't. But the price per square meter is a good 20-25% lower than the average in the neighborhoods I've been looking at. It's around the same size and price as the flat I missed out on in December, so it's about the second best deal I've considered. on the con side it's on the first floor, the balcony is kinda small and there isn't a separate lavatory (there are two bathrooms though). We'll see how that goes. 

Gah, why did I have a coffee? Now I'm sleepy with a high blood pressure. That was great help. 

Oh, I got HBO GO to watch GoT. This should make life a lot easier. And my parents got a new fancy ass tv. To watch tv on. I mean what's the point of a smart tv if you won't use the smart functions? I told my sister to link Netflix to it, but she doesn't want to do that, because what she watches on my Netflix is "private" :rolleyes: So I'll probably link hbo go to it and see if they can make use of that at least. 

/ramble 

18 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I always interpreted that as the Notre Dame itself turning against Frollo because he had abandoned the true faith and started using it for his own goals.

Come join the game, spammers.

This thread is almost a month old and we are not even 300 posts in. We sure aren't spamming like it's 2007, judging from the reports of what spamming used to be like back then.

2 hours ago, The King in Black said:

All this talk of Disney and gargoyles just reminds me of Disney's Gargoyles

I loved that show!  I forced my kids to watch it, just so I could claim I was watching it with my kids :lol:

I was thinking about mafia the other day, and how much I miss it. Then I thought, if you'd really have time/energy for Pictionary, how would you ever manage a mafia game.  *sigh*

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I always interpreted that as the Notre Dame itself turning against Frollo because he had abandoned the true faith and started using it for his own goals.

Interpreting it as Frollo's mind playing tricks on him as he faces eternal damnation seems more consistent with the movie though - this also explains his pyrotechnic visions during Hellfire

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Interpreting it as Frollo's mind playing tricks on him as he faces eternal damnation seems more consistent with the movie though - this also explains his pyrotechnic visions during Hellfire

True. But it's also less cool and dramatic ;) 

I'm off to listen to Hellfire again now.

True. But it's also less cool and dramatic ;) 

I'm off to listen to Hellfire again now.

You were just complaining about how you hated the gargoyles though :P 

Archived