TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

No, it will be a challenge for her, but the easiest way to keep the baby happy would surely be to stick up on Yoda fluffy toys for her to electrocute from her cot.

I think you should get a Jedi baby mobile. she could practice aiming and electrocuting the rotating little Jedi figures to the imperial march or something. I'm sure the music is adjustable on those things. 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I'm going to ask you to babysit her Buck :P.

Of course, but I really don't want a burned down house ... 

Ash's quote that mysteriously disappeared

I am going to be the weird sitter that tries to turn her over to the Light ...

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

No, it will be a challenge for her, but the easiest way to keep the baby happy would surely be to stick up on Yoda fluffy toys for her to electrocute from her cot.

:o

So I saw eight dead fetuses today? Weird day. I visited an exposition of dead bodies for my internship, to interview people about it, There was some pretty unusual stuff there. 

19 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:
  Hide contents

It's a girl :D, and she will not be called Aegon, Visenya however is a possibility.

Awesome :cheers: Congratulations!

Hey, if I marry her, does that mean I can still be emperor after she takes your trone?

18 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, the thing is I don't have much life beyond to-do-lists. I did close the analysis phase of a cool project today with a presentation/workshop today, which went well and was a pleasant enough payoff for lots of work. And I'll be getting into a new project with a company in the upcoming weeks. Errr... work, to-do-lists... I will be signing up for this painting thing. It's basically a class where you get to recreate a famous painting of your choice (well, there are options you can choose from) and it's supposed to be fun and a great way to switch off and channel your stress through "art" (let's be generous and call recreating a famous painting with amateur skills art). I can't think of anything else in my life that's remotely interesting. 

Note taken. 

That actually sounds pretty fun, more fun than my dead babies at least.

And the IKEA updates are like the lifeblood of TTTNE these days so hey, it's not all bad :P 

37 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

So I saw eight dead fetuses today? Weird day. I visited an exposition of dead bodies for my internship, to interview people about it, There was some pretty unusual stuff there. 

Hey, if I marry her, does that mean I can still be emperor after she takes your trone?

That actually sounds pretty fun, more fun than my dead babies at least.

And the IKEA updates are like the lifeblood of TTTNE these days so hey, it's not all bad :P 

Holy god, that's disturbing. :o And how is the internship going? Aside from creepy and disturbing topics to make interviews about. 

Well you all should post shit so tttne doesn't have such bad blood. :D 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Holy god, that's disturbing. :o And how is the internship going? Aside from creepy and disturbing topics to make interviews about. 

Well you all should post shit so tttne doesn't have such bad blood. :D 

The best part was the woman with the open belly with the dead baby inside. No wait, the best part was actually that these are actually not American bodies like the organisation claimed but that apparently at least some of them were Chinese homeless people whose corpses were sold by their government. It sounds even worse typing it here.

I mean, it's an interesting internship. The hours are shit but that's journalism for you, I can't really complain.

Good advice, I'll try to. I was hoping dead babies would liven up the conversation :P 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I think you should get a Jedi baby mobile. she could practice aiming and electrocuting the rotating little Jedi figures to the imperial march or something. I'm sure the music is adjustable on those things. 

This is the best idea ever!.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course, but I really don't want a burned down house ... 

I am going to be the weird sitter that tries to turn her over to the Light ...

:o

She's a Sith and a Targaryen, you're either going to have to deal with stuff being electrocuted or set on fire, of course we will consider a higher rate of pay for danger money :D.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

That's a long way off my young apprentice.

13 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

This is the best idea ever!.

She's a Sith and a Targaryen, you're either going to have to deal with stuff being electrocuted or set on fire, of course we will consider a higher rate of pay for danger money :D.

That's a long way off my young apprentice.

Probably both at the same time, and probably people.

The early bird gets the worm.

7 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Probably both at the same time, and probably people.

The early bird gets the worm.

Yes indeed, I'd better not teach her force choke until she's a bit older, I don't want her to hurt Buck while she's babysitting.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I have a beeeeed!!!!! 

I mean I don't. But I will, in 5-6 weeks. :eek: it's going to be a fun 5-6 weeks though... 

Are you trying your best to destroy your old one in the most fun way possible? ;).

On 31. 8. 2017 at 7:11 PM, Ashara_Dayne said:

Ah Buck is Lightbringer! Mystery solved

I admit nothing. :pirate:

On 31. 8. 2017 at 7:57 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I am listening ...

I mean, I am sure babysitting in England pays better than proofreading in Slovenia, so ... *packs bags*

:P

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Are you trying your best to destroy your old one in the most fun way possible? ;).

:leer::leer::leer:

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am listening ...

I mean, I am sure babysitting in England pays better than proofreading in Slovenia, so ... *packs bags*

I'm sure nanny buck would try her very best to turn mini Sith to the light.

I wonder how Rhaes bed destruction is going, there could be another baby dragon coming if she's not careful :leer:.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:26 AM, RhaenysB said:

:cheers: but I can't. And I do make an effort to enjoy it, I'm trying so hard, but I just can't. 

I will totally be taking the IKEA route too for most of the furniture. Non-IKEA furniture is impossible (for me) to afford and luckily (?) I don't even have the motivation to try to afford it because it's also goddamn ugly for the most part. And even though I freaking hate IKEA, they sort have a monopolized enough position that you don't really have option B for affordable and decent looking furniture. 

Agreed :cheers: the only non expensive furniture we looked at were used pieces that I would have to completely refinish. I already have two tables and an antique vanity that I need to strip and paint. Trying to do all that to a China cabinet and entertainment center just didn't sound like a task I want to take on. Plus we don't have a truck to pick it all up with. 

And yes, all the new furniture we saw in stores was really pretty ugly. At our old house we bought a used Ektorp sofa that lasted us years and went through so much abuse - so we bought two new ones and I have to say I think they are very comfy. 

I've managed to assemble the China cabinet and the desk I bought for sewing. I still have so many boxes to put together. It's kind of like Legos for adults though :lol: with confusing instructions. 

In other news I have to start painting the new house... all 2000 sq ft of it. I don't even know where to begin. 

Happy weekend everyone :cheers: 

I hear you Lady O and RhaenysB.

We started on making the attic ready so we can start putting the floor in today. We did the stripping the walls, stucco, paint, a kitchen and floor on the bottom two floors before we moved (end of april). It's never finished. So much to do and I have barely even looked at the garden yet.

Good luck to the both of you. I understand.

17 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

gegege

Maybe safety matches aren't a luxury.

Safety matches?, my baby will have a dragon egg to hatch, she won't need matches :P.

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

:lol: noooo, I left the old one in the old flat. I'm sleeping on the mattress of the half built guest room bed. So no bed destruction :( 

Oh, that just isn't nearly as much fun :(.

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Agreed :cheers: the only non expensive furniture we looked at were used pieces that I would have to completely refinish. I already have two tables and an antique vanity that I need to strip and paint. Trying to do all that to a China cabinet and entertainment center just didn't sound like a task I want to take on. Plus we don't have a truck to pick it all up with. 

And yes, all the new furniture we saw in stores was really pretty ugly. At our old house we bought a used Ektorp sofa that lasted us years and went through so much abuse - so we bought two new ones and I have to say I think they are very comfy. 

I've managed to assemble the China cabinet and the desk I bought for sewing. I still have so many boxes to put together. It's kind of like Legos for adults though :lol: with confusing instructions. 

In other news I have to start painting the new house... all 2000 sq ft of it. I don't even know where to begin. 

Happy weekend everyone :cheers: 

I hear you, dining furniture is always difficult, I always prefer fabric sofas to leather, they are always more comfy.

On 01/09/2017 at 9:14 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am listening ...

.i actually know someone who worked as a nanny/au pair forna year before she started university to earn some money and ensure her English was up to scratch (and get to know London). It's generally very well off families who can afford this so the pay was generous, plus she lived with them which removed the cost of rent, and she often ate with them too so her expenses were pretty low. So if the proofreading doesn't pan out...

:D 

9 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

I hear you Lady O and RhaenysB.

We started on making the attic ready so we can start putting the floor in today. We did the stripping the walls, stucco, paint, a kitchen and floor on the bottom two floors before we moved (end of april). It's never finished. So much to do and I have barely even looked at the garden yet.

Good luck to the both of you. I understand.

Oh my goodness that's a lot! 

What kind of flooring are you putting in? You have a three level house? That sounds very big! 

I haven't even started the garden either. But it's so hot right now I don't even want to. 

Archived