TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

They have some funny ideas about sizing indeed. 

Trousers are like a group of clothing items you wear on your legs aren't they? There are various styles of trousers made of various materials (for example chino fabric or leather or corduroy or whatever), no?

Oh damn... I hope poor baby gets better. Fingers crossed for your kitten, may the old gods and the new help her through this fight. :grouphug:

I don't know about these old or new gods but I hope it is the will of the force to heal her.

H&M are a bit hit and miss with their sizes, for reasonably priced but decent clothes have you tried Zara Buck?.

I always forget my Euro size, I think it's 34.

5 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Thank you all.

Preliminary tests weren't great, but we're going to wait over the weekend. Hope she'll turn. 

About H&M jeans: I have never fitted any of those either. I had much better luck with other European chains in the same price range. H&M sizing is ridiculous, at least in my range (8-10 us / uk 10-12 / 38-40). Since i'm 6ft / 181 everything is too short as well. 

Ugh, finding a size that fits is the worst. Everything is either nice on the waist but too short or a nice length but too loose around the waist. Even when I am able to find stores that stock my size I can almost guarantee they will be out of stock when I go :rolleyes:

:grouphug: hope things turn out for the best Re:the cat :( 

Thank you for all the hugs and wishes. I'll relay them to her.

At the moment she's not bouncing back, so I think we're going to let her have a fantastic weekend and then say bye. It's heartbreaking, but she doesn't deserve a long long road of suffering. On the other hand you never know what difference two days can make. We're hoping, but we're not hopeful :(

15 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I don't know about these old or new gods but I hope it is the will of the force to heal her.

H&M are a bit hit and miss with their sizes, for reasonably priced but decent clothes have you tried Zara Buck?.

Yeah, I hope so. 

H&M is good for basic pieces, like a plain V-neck t shirt or socks or stuff. Much of their other stuff is poor quality and the sizing is weird. Their business/workwear line is god awful. 

I like Zara a lot and Mango has some nice pieces from time to time as well. 

I don't know my UK size. 8 seems to be the equivalent of S but then it would make sense for 8 to be the same thing as eu38 which is M. So I guess I'm 6 or 4? 

19 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Thank you all.

Preliminary tests weren't great, but we're going to wait over the weekend. Hope she'll turn. 

About H&M jeans: I have never fitted any of those either. I had much better luck with other European chains in the same price range. H&M sizing is ridiculous, at least in my range (8-10 us / uk 10-12 / 38-40). Since i'm 6ft / 181 everything is too short as well. 

Fingers crossed for the kitten. 

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, they are. The point was I did not know what that meant and am still not sure I am thinking of the right thing, google images do not tell me much.

I do not go by names of clothing ... have no idea about them. I just choose what I like when I see it.

:grouphug:

My size is about 38 too, at least around the waist. But I am short. Most trousers are too long or too narrow for my thighs.

Yeah that's what everybody does, I suppose. 

Good sizing offers you a distinction in length. Usually 28-30-32 inches long leg sizes. High street shops don't usually offer this in my experience though which sucks :/ 

16 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I do not think I have ever bought anything at Zara. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me, no idea why really.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Good sizing offers you a distinction in length. Usually 28-30-32 inches long leg sizes. High street shops don't usually offer this in my experience though which sucks :/ 

I now realised that there is a completely new sizing system in use which is weird and I still have to get used to. I ended buying a pair of jeans whose size is 30/30 - 30 for the waist and 30 for length. I would not have minded just a bit longer.

I was annoyed because I had to try on so many before I figured out which size fits and then different models also seemed to have different sizes, so ... <_<

Another thing. Even if you really do not want to contribute to the exploitation of third world workforce working for peanuts, it is almost impoossible. Literally all the pairs I checked were either "made in Kambodja" or "made in Bangladesh" or "made in Pakistan". This is really sad. But then, I also cannot afford to have personally tailored fancy clothing from small local businesses.

So now I have a new pair of jeans and a new light sweater.

Thank you all.

I'm sorry I'm all gloom. I've lost one cat before, but that was a very different feeling. He was old and was a rescue that had been mistreated before. He got to live out his life very happy. This one is young and had a genetic issue. It happened so unexpectedly and suddenly. Blegh. 

How are you all doing?

:grouphug: Another hug for you, Ashara.

I am okay ... I have to teach a lesson today, hopefully it will be better this time, last week there was a big mess up. I cannot wait for Thursday, I am going north to visit the supernatural entity then.

Morning, all!

Edit: also, Slovenia won the European basketball championship yesterday and the media are exploding over this.

Congratulations on the Basketball.

What is up with the supernatural entity?

Hopefully teaching will go well. I know it has good and bad days, sometimes. What helps me (if you want any unsolicited advice) is starting with the questions students have and then shoehorning in the plan step by step. If you want to vent or talk about teaching, my inbox is open :)

2 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Thank you all.

I'm sorry I'm all gloom. I've lost one cat before, but that was a very different feeling. He was old and was a rescue that had been mistreated before. He got to live out his life very happy. This one is young and had a genetic issue. It happened so unexpectedly and suddenly. Blegh. 

How are you all doing?

It was a genetic issue? oh no, that's really awful. The kind of awful you could never have seen coming and you can't do anything about... I'm sorry, it must be really difficult. :grouphug: 

So I completely ran myself down over the past week or two. I had that back pain in the middle of the week so I visited my hometown to keep myself from building more furniture here and lifting heavy things and all. But I ended up doing gardening and cleaning there. Then I came back on saturday and told myself to not do anything for the rest of the weekend. And went ahead to help my flat mate build more furniture yesterday. And this allergy stuff is killing my throat so now I'm literally unable to get out of bed and I'm feeling like I'm ill, but not really. I'm lounging here in PJs at half past 11 asking myself why I had to exhaust myself like that... very smart, very smart.... 

3 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Congratulations on the Basketball.

What is up with the supernatural entity?

Hopefully teaching will go well. I know it has good and bad days, sometimes. What helps me (if you want any unsolicited advice) is starting with the questions students have and then shoehorning in the plan step by step. If you want to vent or talk about teaching, my inbox is open :)

Well, it is really not something I had anything to do with. :P I mean basketball. I don't even watch sports.

The supernatural entity is something like a boyfriend, only it is so unlikely that it came to be that way that he might just as well be called supernatural. ;)

I have the plan ... I guess I am relatively clear with the plan? IDK. Last week's mess up was 100 % NOT my fault. Will PM you about it.

47 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

So I completely ran myself down over the past week or two. I had that back pain in the middle of the week so I visited my hometown to keep myself from building more furniture here and lifting heavy things and all. But I ended up doing gardening and cleaning there. Then I came back on saturday and told myself to not do anything for the rest of the weekend. And went ahead to help my flat mate build more furniture yesterday. And this allergy stuff is killing my throat so now I'm literally unable to get out of bed and I'm feeling like I'm ill, but not really. I'm lounging here in PJs at half past 11 asking myself why I had to exhaust myself like that... very smart, very smart.... 

Give yourself a day off, get better and have a rest. :grouphug: From what you are posting here, it seems like you are doing way more than your new flatmate?

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, it is really not something I had anything to do with. :P I mean basketball. I don't even watch sports..

Give yourself a day off, get better and have a rest. :grouphug: From what you are posting here, it seems like you are doing way more than your new flatmate?

I don't watch sports either (apart from the football World Cup), but basketball was the one team sport I enjoyed at high school. Basketball is superior to handball and volley and all the rest of the god awful ball games. 

Thanks :) that's what I've been doing... will try to act like a human being tomorrow though. Because I still have ten thousand things to do. *cringes at the list* yeah I am, but it's my flat, she just rents a room. All the admin crap and equipping the place fall to me. 

11 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Thank you all.

How are you all doing?

:(:grouphug:

@Buckwheat A Boyfriend? ooooooh ;-)

Have fun! I hope he does not haunt you in your sleep.

@RhaenysB give yourself time, as Buck said. Hugs.

Thank you @Lord Sidious

We just brought her to the morgue. It's truly over now. Somehow I'm glad I did not let her suffer longer, I will miss her terribly, but the worst (this morning, just before going to the vet) is over. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't watch sports either (apart from the football World Cup), but basketball was the one team sport I enjoyed at high school. Basketball is superior to handball and volley and all the rest of the god awful ball games. 

Thanks :) that's what I've been doing... will try to act like a human being tomorrow though. Because I still have ten thousand things to do. *cringes at the list* yeah I am, but it's my flat, she just rents a room. All the admin crap and equipping the place fall to me. 

Football is the most boring for me. I occasionally watch skiing or skijumping, but that is about it.

I hated all the godawful ball games in school, including basketball. I am not good at handling balls.*

Ah, I see, that makes sense. Still, I hope she helps you a lot in the next few days so you can take a bit of a break.

*I am talking about sports here, people. Get your minds out of the gutter.

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Oh, no worries about that. ;)

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@RhaenysB give yourself time, as Buck said. Hugs.

Thank you @Lord Sidious

We just brought her to the morgue. It's truly over now. Somehow I'm glad I did not let her suffer longer, I will miss her terribly, but the worst (this morning, just before going to the vet) is over. 

I feel really upset for you :(, I know it hasn't happened to me and that it's probably a mixture of hormones and being an animal lover but I feel so bad for you at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

*I am talking about sports here, people. Get your minds out of the gutter.

Oh, no worries about that. ;)

So unlike a ghost, he only makes you scream in a good way huh? ;).

Archived