TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, Ikea just lost 75% of my order so no step ladder for now. :dunno: going home to get some sleep now. 

Nah, it's summer, enjoy holidaying. 

Summer is almost over. :(

(Winter is coming.)

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Poooooor Paul :bawl::bawl: 

Yup, just as I started to like him too :dunno: 

I hope you don't get too attached to Cal by the way. He had an urgent 3a.m. sex call from Meereen vanishes from the show with hardly a mention ever again after season 3

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Summer is almost over. :(

(Winter is coming.)

If only... forecasts promise 28-30C until the end of September. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yup, just as I started to like him too :dunno: 

I hope you don't get too attached to Cal by the way. He had an urgent 3a.m. sex call from Meereen vanishes from the show with hardly a mention ever again after season 3

Yeah :( 

What, but Kira's with him. Oh damn, this sucks. I wonder if he preferred working with Tatiana Maslany or Emilia. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Wut? Not here. It will barely go up to 23 this week.

If September indeed keeps warm, I might even make it to see again? Or is that too much to hope for this year ...

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Wut? Not here. It will barely go up to 23 this week.

If September indeed keeps warm, I might even make it to see again? Or is that too much to hope for this year ...

We have 23C today and tomorrow than it's back to 33C and remains around 30 for the unseeable future. I've had way more than enough of summer already. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah :( 

What, but Kira's with him. Oh damn, this sucks. I wonder if he preferred working with Tatiana Maslany or Emilia. 

Oh Kira remains a part of the show. This is only mild spoilers but he leaves the show off-screen between S3 and S4.

Tatiana, surely :P I have no bias here of course...

I am also taking full credit for you watching this btw if you were inspired by Pictionary. That was my chain :smug: 

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I am also taking full credit for you watching this btw if you were inspired by Pictionary. That was my chain :smug: 

Speaking of Pictionary, when is a new game starting? *holds up readily sharpened pencil*

I never knew it was that difficult to take 6 different translations of the same text and just make one best out of it ... too many options, too many decisions!

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Speaking of Pictionary, when is a new game starting? *holds up readily sharpened pencil*

I never knew it was that difficult to take 6 different translations of the same text and just make one best out of it ... too many options, too many decisions!

I might start a game soon. I have a few things on things on this week but could maybe star sometime next week. I will open a sign up thread

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh Kira remains a part of the show. This is only mild spoilers but he leaves the show off-screen between S3 and S4.

Tatiana, surely :P I have no bias here of course...

Yeah I didn't doubt Kira would stay but then Daario Just stays in Iceland to capture a wight for Emilia? That's a shame. Though I did prefer Paul. That's my problem in life I guess, preferring the Pauls. 

Oh Sure, the credit is yours then. I didn't remember whose chain it was :D 

Btw is your username related to this Helena? 

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah I didn't doubt Kira would stay but then Daario Just stays in Iceland to capture a wight for Emilia? That's a shame. Though I did prefer Paul. That's my problem in life I guess, preferring the Pauls. 

Oh Sure, the credit is yours then. I didn't remember whose chain it was :D 

Btw is your username related to this Helena? 

:lol: now that was clever. Well done :thumbsup: 

Nope. It evolved from Florence's Machine (which is obviously a play on Florence and the Machine) after GMM kept saying Ex Machina or something when referring to me. The Helena part comes from, well, my name.

But perhaps the common name is why I'm so fond of her.

What do you think of "Rachel Duncan. Uber bitch." (I hope you read this as Sarah) Btw? :D One of my favourite things on the show is when Tat plays a clone pretending to be a different clone. Cloneception

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

:lol: now that was clever. Well done :thumbsup: 

Nope. It evolved from Florence's Machine (which is obviously a play on Florence and the Machine) after GMM kept saying Ex Machina or something when referring to me. The Helena part comes from, well, my name.

But perhaps the common name is why I'm so fond of her.

What do you think of "Rachel Duncan. Uber bitch." (I hope you read this as Sarah) Btw? :D One of my favourite things on the show is when Tat plays a clone pretending to be a different clone. Cloneception

Yeah,  I remember the Florence's Machine era, but I wasn't sure how Florence became Helena. I like that name a lot, it's really nice. 

I don't share her name, but Helena is the best clone. The most adorable and the funniest, which is something for a serial killer. 

Cloneception is so funny and such an insane performance I don't even know how she pulls it off. I don't like Rachel, the only time I could sympathize with her was when Duncan commited suicide. She's a good character, but logically the least likable. 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah,  I remember the Florence's Machine era, but I wasn't sure how Florence became Helena. I like that name a lot, it's really nice. 

I don't share her name, but Helena is the best clone. The most adorable and the funniest, which is something for a serial killer. 

Cloneception is so funny and such an insane performance I don't even know how she pulls it off. I don't like Rachel, the only time I could sympathize with her was when Duncan commited suicide. She's a good character, but logically the least likable. 

Thank you :) I do too...

I can never decide which clone I like best. They all bring something unique. I think Alison and Donnie also provide some hilarious stuff (i'm sure you've seen the twerking scene by now :lol: ), as does Krystal (who you haven't really met properly yet). 

Yes, Rachel is undoubtedly a villain/antagonist, but a well crafted one, and I can't help but love the character while finding her reprehensible. There may be a few more moments before the end where you sympathise with her though ;) 

The whole process must be exhausting for the cast and crew given how many times they need to reshoot each scene to get Tatiana as each clone. The dance party at the end of S2 had her dancing alone in a room as each clone in the production process :lol: fun to watch but nightmare to film, I guess

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thank you :) I do too...

I can never decide which clone I like best. They all bring something unique. I think Alison and Donnie also provide some hilarious stuff (i'm sure you've seen the twerking scene by now :lol: ), as does Krystal (who you haven't really met properly yet). 

Yes, Rachel is undoubtedly a villain/antagonist, but a well crafted one, and I can't help but love the character while finding her reprehensible. There may be a few more moments before the end where you sympathise with her though ;) 

The whole process must be exhausting for the cast and crew given how many times they need to reshoot each scene to get Tatiana as each clone. The dance party at the end of S2 had her dancing alone in a room as each clone in the production process :lol: fun to watch but nightmare to film, I guess

Well, it's pretty difficult to decide. I like Helena more than all the others, but the second place is pretty much a split, I mean it's impossible to choose between Alison and Sarah and Cosima. I haven't seen much of Krystal yet, but she seems adorable stupid. I'm not a huge fan of Beth or MK though, not that their reaction to the clone business isn't 100% realistic. 

Rachel is a really rich and layered character, I find it hard to like her because she's basically hidden behind a hard shell, a poker face and immaculate white CEO outfits. But that's the point of the character though.

Yeah, but it's totally worth it from an audience point of view. Tatiana should be paid five times what the main GoT cast gets for their "acting". 

Are you trying to say that serial killers can't be adorable?.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Not at all, I just said a serial killer is adorable, therefore, it's perfectly possible for a serial killer to be adorable. 

Except if they kill hop hops, that is not allowed.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Except if they kill hop hops, that is not allowed.

Well she certainly does some trapping and hunting...

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, it's pretty difficult to decide. I like Helena more than all the others, but the second place is pretty much a split, I mean it's impossible to choose between Alison and Sarah and Cosima. I haven't seen much of Krystal yet, but she seems adorable stupid. I'm not a huge fan of Beth or MK though, not that their reaction to the clone business isn't 100% realistic. 

Rachel is a really rich and layered character, I find it hard to like her because she's basically hidden behind a hard shell, a poker face and immaculate white CEO outfits. But that's the point of the character though.

Yeah, but it's totally worth it from an audience point of view. Tatiana should be paid five times what the main GoT cast gets for their "acting". 

You are just starting Season 4 now, right? This one is really the season of Beth, you get to find out more about her. I loved it so much because i didn't realise I wanted Beth's backstory until we actually got it. 

Not sure how much you have seen of MK yet but she does get fleshed out some more.

Yep, Rachel is this ice queen CEO (with ocassionally displays of rage and distress) and makes such a compelling villain. Her character really makes sense though, seeing as how she grew up considering herself the "property" of others, tracking multiple other versions of herself through their lives, having that sense of being "special" reiterated as she is the only self aware clone...it makes sense how egotistical and cold she is. Helena actually works as a great foil to her as Shen had a similar upbringing in which she was told she was special and given an inflated sense of self-importance. But we see her overcome her indoctrination and give in to that longing for family and acceptance and love and ultimately become a better person...albeit one with homicidal tendencies. 

I already want to rewatch the series :D 

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well she certainly does some trapping and hunting...

You are just starting Season 4 now, right? This one is really the season of Beth, you get to find out more about her. I loved it so much because i didn't realise I wanted Beth's backstory until we actually got it. 

Not sure how much you have seen of MK yet but she does get fleshed out some more.

Yep, Rachel is this ice queen CEO (with ocassionally displays of rage and distress) and makes such a compelling villain. Her character really makes sense though, seeing as how she grew up considering herself the "property" of others, tracking multiple other versions of herself through their lives, having that sense of being "special" reiterated as she is the only self aware clone...it makes sense how egotistical and cold she is. Helena actually works as a great foil to her as Shen had a similar upbringing in which she was told she was special and given an inflated sense of self-importance. But we see her overcome her indoctrination and give in to that longing for family and acceptance and love and ultimately become a better person...albeit one with homicidal tendencies. 

I already want to rewatch the series :D 

Naaaah, you underestimate my binging power, I finished season 4 at 2am today. 

The beth part was very interesting, I had this concept in my mind about Beth and I liked her and this happened and it wasn't what I had in mind and I wasn't a fan of her. MK is a little all over the place, but she's a good plot device. And I can't decide if Krystal is annoying or funny. I mostly considered her funny until her meeting with Sarah. In that scene she came off as one of those people who feel superior for no reason and make others feel bad about themselves. Not that Sarah  takes bullshit, but it would totally affect me, so I'm still undecided about Krystal. 

Rachel is a great villain. And yeah it's pretty funny that Helena kills people with her bare hands and somehow she still isn't the biggest or only psychopath of the clones. They are all kinda cray cray except maybe Cosima. 

Ikea provides the worst, most atrocious, most ridiculous, most unreliable service I have ever experienced in my entire life. Public utility companies provide ten times the service this fucking store does. 

Boy, I hope no one here was still planning on watching Orphan Black, because you two have spoiled half the show :P But yeah, I agree with pretty much all of what was said.

As for the new GOT episode - I really enjoyed it, was on the edge of the seat and gasped at the end, and then after the screen turned black I began to think about what I saw and it just fell apart. Which seems to happen pretty often.

Naaaah, you underestimate my binging power, I finished season 4 at 2am today. 

The beth part was very interesting, I had this concept in my mind about Beth and I liked her and this happened and it wasn't what I had in mind and I wasn't a fan of her. MK is a little all over the place, but she's a good plot device. And I can't decide if Krystal is annoying or funny. I mostly considered her funny until her meeting with Sarah. In that scene she came off as one of those people who feel superior for no reason and make others feel bad about themselves. Not that Sarah  takes bullshit, but it would totally affect me, so I'm still undecided about Krystal. 

Well done. But yeah Krystal is definitely like that :P I thought it was prety funny, though she'd definitely annoy the hell out of me in real life.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Boy, I hope no one here was still planning on watching Orphan Black, because you two have spoiled half the show :P But yeah, I agree with pretty much all of what was said.

As for the new GOT episode - I really enjoyed it, was on the edge of the seat and gasped at the end, and then after the screen turned black I began to think about what I saw and it just fell apart. Which seems to happen pretty often.

Well done. But yeah Krystal is definitely like that :P I thought it was prety funny, though she'd definitely annoy the hell out of me in real life.

I mean... it's been out for over a year. Does this still count as spoiler? I promise I'll use spoiler tags for season 5. 

Yeah, pretty much. She's funny on screen but I would probably never talk to her in real life. 

Archived