TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

4 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel kind of conflicted about the whole Dany Jon thing. But, from what we've seen, they kind of suck at the whooptiedoo anyway so they may not stay together for very long...

(which is weird since both of them had some skill with others lol)

Anyway I'm on the Torenne train and they should adopt Arya.  [/spoiler 

Spoiler

They are sooooooo cringy. And weirdly it's not the fact that they are aunt and nephew that makes me cringe. It's their dialogues and chemistry (or lack There of) I mean argh... so bad. 

Tormund is a joy. Tormund, Bronn and Euron are the only reasons I will be watching season 8.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

If Dany and Jon have kids they're not going to have one of the good ones like Maegor or Aerys, you just know it will end up like Jaeherys, or even worse, like the worst king to ever sit the Iron Throne-Aegon III.

Spoiler

No, they will all be named Aegon. Aegon 1, Aegon 2, Aegon 3, etc. 

Oh and I ordered an armchair, dining chairs, computer table and a clock. Dining table, sofa and media/book storage, nightstand is still to be picked and ordered. Along with a couple random shelves and decorative pieces. We're getting there, we're getting there. 

52 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They are sooooooo cringy. And weirdly it's not the fact that they are aunt and nephew that makes me cringe. It's their dialogues and chemistry (or lack There of) I mean argh... so bad. 

Tormund is a joy. Tormund, Bronn and Euron are the only reasons I will be watching season 8.

Reveal hidden contents

No, they will all be named Aegon. Aegon 1, Aegon 2, Aegon 3, etc. 

Oh and I ordered an armchair, dining chairs, computer table and a clock. Dining table, sofa and media/book storage, nightstand is still to be picked and ordered. Along with a couple random shelves and decorative pieces. We're getting there, we're getting there. 

:D that made me laugh, also good luck with the flat decorating, it sounds like you're getting it where you want it to be.

I just went through my list of friends on the book of faces and unfriended a bunch of people. Most of those seem to have had inactive accounts. I always feel sorry to unfriend somebody though, I mean, why would I not want to be somebody's friend? Even when they are people I met like once years ago and we have not spoken in years. Okay, well, if you deleted your fb account, you probably don't mind anyway.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I just went through my list of friends on the book of faces and unfriended a bunch of people. Most of those seem to have had inactive accounts. I always feel sorry to unfriend somebody though, I mean, why would I not want to be somebody's friend? Even when they are people I met like once years ago and we have not spoken in years. Okay, well, if you deleted your fb account, you probably don't mind anyway.

Oh that's surprising. I wouldn't think that many people delete their fb accounts. Why did you decide to clear out your facebook, if I'm not too nosy?

18 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

:D that made me laugh, also good luck with the flat decorating, it sounds like you're getting it where you want it to be.

It is, slowly, very very slowly. And thanks :) 

so housework day done. Kinda. I cleaned the street view windows, the balcony door, the balcony, my rooms, kitchen-living room and hall. Still need to iron some stuff when they grace me with finally drying. And I built two drawers. The stupid bed frame still needs to be built because I got stuck at a step that requires two people, so I need to wait for help. Aaaaaaand I have some emails to send and I should also organize the closet, though I don't think I'm gonna do that until I do the ironing. Which will probably only be tomorrow. And I think I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday because it huuuuurts. 

(Yes, I'm sure you are all dying to know about my exciting day at home :lol: but I'm open to talking about anything, people just don't really post here a whole lot) 

22 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

It's only been two weeks and my internship is already making me wonder if I'm studying for the wrong profession. On top of that someone else took my coat not once but TWICE this weekend. Admittedly the second time was sort of my fault, but still.

You let someone steal your robes yet they live?, most disappointing, my young apprentice.....

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I always feel sorry to unfriend somebody though, I mean, why would I not want to be somebody's friend?

"Linked to your account on a social media service" and "friend" are two totally different things, no matter what label the website uses for link and unlink. And you can be a friend to anyone, but not to everyone; you'd be unable to give them all sufficient attention looooooong before you got to 7.5 billion :)

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

You let someone steal your robes yet they live?, most disappointing, my young apprentice.....

He didn't say either of them were still alive!

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

It's only been two weeks and my internship is already making me wonder if I'm studying for the wrong profession. On top of that someone else took my coat not once but TWICE this weekend. Admittedly the second time was sort of my fault, but still.

Oh no. Did something in particular happen or you just don't feel the chemistry with what you are doing? Sorry about the coat too. ... Wait. You are wearing a coat? I want your weather right now. Come on, send it to me! 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Unfortunately, one thief was anonimous, and the other... well, it was a girl I met in a café (and kissed for some stupid reason) and lent my coat to, before she cycled off with it while I wasn't looking <_< I tried to track her down on Facebook but no luck. If I had, she would surely have gotten the Force lightning treatment.

28 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh no. Did something in particular happen or you just don't feel the chemistry with what you are doing? Sorry about the coat too. ... Wait. You are wearing a coat? I want your weather right now. Come on, send it to me! 

The latter. I don't know what I want to be, but it's not what I'm doing now. There's other branches of journalism I can look into though.

You definitely don't, the weather is shit! Well, this afternoon was alright, but it's mostly gloom and cold and rain.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh that's surprising. I wouldn't think that many people delete their fb accounts. Why did you decide to clear out your facebook, if I'm not too nosy?

No special reason. I was just browsing through. I saw that I had 187 people listed as friends and decided that was too many. I had a bit too much tine maybe. I also played around with facebook features a bit and discovered that map that shows at which locations you have been tagged. Turns out that most of the places I was tagged at were out of this country. Most of my friends are foreigners too (a large part of that are people from this very forum).

A distant relative recently "friended" me on fb. I was nosy and went on to explore which locations she has been at and her old posts and such. She has only been tagged at locations in the same country, her friends all seem to be from here as well, and all of her posts are in the same language.

My facebook account must seem very confusing to somebody who does not know me that well. What with all the foreigners being on the photos with me and my posts in 3 languages.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

(Yes, I'm sure you are all dying to know about my exciting day at home :lol: but I'm open to talking about anything, people just don't really post here a whole lot)

Okay, my turn ... I had a workshop/lecture/preparation for work thingy about working with children.

It made me wish even stronger for me to be assigned only asult groups of students. Working with children sounds honestly horrifying.

58 minutes ago, felice said:

"Linked to your account on a social media service" and "friend" are two totally different things, no matter what label the website uses for link and unlink. And you can be a friend to anyone, but not to everyone; you'd be unable to give them all sufficient attention looooooong before you got to 7.5 billion :)

That is all very true. I will try to remember it. ;)

1 hour ago, felice said:

He didn't say either of them were still alive!

It did sound like it though, he is failing in his duties.

16 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Unfortunately, one thief was anonimous, and the other... well, it was a girl I met in a café (and kissed for some stupid reason) and lent my coat to, before she cycled off with it while I wasn't looking <_< I tried to track her down on Facebook but no luck. If I had, she would surely have gotten the Force lightning treatment.

Good, strike her down with all of your hatred, no one should make a fool out of my apprentice , how do you plan to attempt to overthrow me one day if you can't even manage your clothing properly?.

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No special reason. I was just browsing through. I saw that I had 187 people listed as friends and decided that was too many. I had a bit too much tine maybe. I also played around with facebook features a bit and discovered that map that shows at which locations you have been tagged. Turns out that most of the places I was tagged at were out of this country. Most of my friends are foreigners too (a large part of that are people from this very forum).

A distant relative recently "friended" me on fb. I was nosy and went on to explore which locations she has been at and her old posts and such. She has only been tagged at locations in the same country, her friends all seem to be from here as well, and all of her posts are in the same language.

My facebook account must seem very confusing to somebody who does not know me that well. What with all the foreigners being on the photos with me and my posts in 3 languages.

Okay, my turn ... I had a workshop/lecture/preparation for work thingy about working with children.

It made me wish even stronger for me to be assigned only asult groups of students. Working with children sounds honestly horrifying.

That is all very true. I will try to remember it. ;)

That's curious, here people usually want more Facebook friends because they feel like it makes them cooler/more loved/more sociable/etc. As for "friends" on Facebook, that's definitely a term they only picked because "friends"alliterates with "Facebook". On our Facebook it's translated into ismerős which means acquaintance. Much more faithful to reality, imo. I mean how many people are your actual friends in the sense that they will stand by you no matter what? One? Two? Maaaaybe three? My sister has 1000+ Facebook friends, she's a little social butterfly, but obviously she isn't in touch with all 1000+ of them. I usually just unfollow or ban people who annoy me. 

You must have a very multi-cultural Facebook. I don't ever post on Facebook. Sometimes share or like stuff people want me to share or like. I should probably also change my ancient profile picture. It's 7 years old... god I was 18 seven years ago... that's just frightening. 

Oh and the teaching kids workshop. Define kids. I'm totally down to teaching pre and elementary kids... things get tricky with puberty, but maybe junior high is doable. I would never ever go anywhere near high schoolers. They are the most vicious and dumb of all age groups. 

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

The latter. I don't know what I want to be, but it's not what I'm doing now. There's other branches of journalism I can look into though.

You definitely don't, the weather is shit! Well, this afternoon was alright, but it's mostly gloom and cold and rain.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. But you are still in time to change your mind and start a completely different thing if you want to. Exploring other branches seems like a great compromise, maybe you'll find something you love and you don't have to change your studies entirely. 

It was gloom and cold yesterday, but it's going back to sunny 25C today.... I want cloudy with 15-20C. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's curious, here people usually want more Facebook friends because they feel like it makes them cooler/more loved/more sociable/etc. As for "friends" on Facebook, that's definitely a term they only picked because "friends"alliterates with "Facebook". On our Facebook it's translated into ismerős which means acquaintance. Much more faithful to reality, imo. I mean how many people are your actual friends in the sense that they will stand by you no matter what? One? Two? Maaaaybe three? My sister has 1000+ Facebook friends, she's a little social butterfly, but obviously she isn't in touch with all 1000+ of them. I usually just unfollow or ban people who annoy me. 

You must have a very multi-cultural Facebook. I don't ever post on Facebook. Sometimes share or like stuff people want me to share or like. I should probably also change my ancient profile picture. It's 7 years old... god I was 18 seven years ago... that's just frightening.

Oh, when I first made the account I decided I would never have over 100 acquaintances because I do not think I can trust that many people. I really only wanted to have people on there with whom I communicate, want to communicate, and who are a part of my life. It turns out differently. I even broke the rule and friended people from this forum that I have not actually met in person.

I have never banned people. I do unfollow stuff people share though. I am much more interested in seeing what people post themselves - if I have you as a friend, that is because I am interested in what you have to say, not some news page or cartoons or articles you like to click "Like" on.

I rarely post and I try to make whatever I post interesting (but that is obviously fairly subjective). I also probably stress a lot more than most people over what I do post in that I want to make it thought out and actually prepare my post and not just make some random remark on the way. I have shared something once that was close to my heart, and deleted in afterwards. Generally I have a rule that I do not share things. I am not going to be the advertiser for somebody else. Especially I am not going to share or like something that says SHARE THIS AND LIKE THIS AND YOU WILL WIN FLIGHT TO MALLORCA/THIS AWESOME COUPON/A FREE WHATEVER AND IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE STRICKEN WITH 10 YEARS OF MISFORTUNES because this is just blatant move by the companies who want innocent people do their advertising for them.

Oh and the teaching kids workshop. Define kids. I'm totally down to teaching pre and elementary kids... things get tricky with puberty, but maybe junior high is doable. I would never ever go anywhere near high schoolers. They are the most vicious and dumb of all age groups.

It was gloom and cold yesterday, but it's going back to sunny 25C today.... I want cloudy with 15-20C.

The language school has courses for all ages. I don't know ... younger kids have their own issues too. Every age group can be difficult in their own way.

Why on earth would you want cloudy weather? Clouds are so gloomy.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, when I first made the account I decided I would never have over 100 acquaintances because I do not think I can trust that many people. I really only wanted to have people on there with whom I communicate, want to communicate, and who are a part of my life. It turns out differently. I even broke the rule and friended people from this forum that I have not actually met in person.

I have never banned people. I do unfollow stuff people share though. I am much more interested in seeing what people post themselves - if I have you as a friend, that is because I am interested in what you have to say, not some news page or cartoons or articles you like to click "Like" on.

I rarely post and I try to make whatever I post interesting (but that is obviously fairly subjective). I also probably stress a lot more than most people over what I do post in that I want to make it thought out and actually prepare my post and not just make some random remark on the way. I have shared something once that was close to my heart, and deleted in afterwards. Generally I have a rule that I do not share things. I am not going to be the advertiser for somebody else. Especially I am not going to share or like something that says SHARE THIS AND LIKE THIS AND YOU WILL WIN FLIGHT TO MALLORCA/THIS AWESOME COUPON/A FREE WHATEVER AND IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE STRICKEN WITH 10 YEARS OF MISFORTUNES because this is just blatant move by the companies who want innocent people do their advertising for them.

The language school has courses for all ages. I don't know ... younger kids have their own issues too. Every age group can be difficult in their own way.

Why on earth would you want cloudy weather? Clouds are so gloomy.

I'm really not that conscious about Facebook. I don't post stuff Because I have all sorts of acquaintances on Facebook and I don't necessarily want all those people to see a particular post when it's only relevant/meant for a small proportion of all those people. 

does anybody share those? I mean they must, because my feed is full of that junk. The stuff I regularly share is Help me write a thesis/phd by filling this questionnaire and Like the Facebook page of my crazy class project and the blog posts of two of my closer friends to help them to one or two more readers. 

And my favorite thing is political articles and rants. I don't even know how many people I unfollowed because they can't stop shoving their political opinion in their Facebook followers' faces. And I'm tired of random person 17362817191's clueless bashing of some people I actually know. 

I suppose that's true. I like kids though, I would totally like to have a go at teaching them. Not happening in this life of course. 

cloudy weather has a cozy feeling.

The mandatory flat update (because I can't stop shoving my furniture issues into your faces either): got the clock and the dining chairs but I don't seem to be able to build them... and I got the fabric to line my vanity drawers too, yay. And my back still hurts. 

@Buckwheat I'm glad I'm still in your life and in your facebook <3

Had a terrible day with a very sick cat at the vet and the hospital having to decide if we can afford to let her live. We're going to try and save her but it's going to be a tough road. Poor kitty.

Sorry If i'm missing anyone's posts right now. My head is full of kitty. Apologies :(

21 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Had a terrible day with a very sick cat at the vet and the hospital having to decide if we can afford to let her live. We're going to try and save her but it's going to be a tough road. Poor kitty.

Sorry If i'm missing anyone's posts right now. My head is full of kitty. Apologies :(

:grouphug: Having a sick pet it awful, I hope kitty makes a full and speedy recovery.

Is it appropriate to sing soft kitty to a sick kitty I wonder?.

I'm really not that conscious about Facebook. I don't post stuff Because I have all sorts of acquaintances on Facebook and I don't necessarily want all those people to see a particular post when it's only relevant/meant for a small proportion of all those people. 

does anybody share those? I mean they must, because my feed is full of that junk. The stuff I regularly share is Help me write a thesis/phd by filling this questionnaire and Like the Facebook page of my crazy class project and the blog posts of two of my closer friends to help them to one or two more readers. 

And my favorite thing is political articles and rants. I don't even know how many people I unfollowed because they can't stop shoving their political opinion in their Facebook followers' faces. And I'm tired of random person 17362817191's clueless bashing of some people I actually know. 

I suppose that's true. I like kids though, I would totally like to have a go at teaching them. Not happening in this life of course. 

cloudy weather has a cozy feeling.

You know you are indeed very self conscious when you fret over minor things like facebook posts. :P

Yeah, that is exactly why I do not want to have that many random acquaintances there, I would only want to people I really trust to see stuff. But then, I do not post anything personal anyway.

Yeah, they must ... I see more sense in helping people share their questionnaire for their thesis, but I don't do that either because I guess I am just that selfish, mwahahaha.

Oh, a career change is always possible. ;) Not easy, but probably possible.

Oh. Not for me, but tastes are highly subjective. Clouds just seem gloomy and everything is so grey under them to me.

26 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

I am glad people want to be in my life. :P

Good luck to your cat. :grouphug:

3 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:grouphug: Having a sick pet it awful, I hope kitty makes a full and speedy recovery.

Is it appropriate to sing soft kitty to a sick kitty I wonder?.

Soft kitty, warm kitty ...

Archived