TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sounds like early years training to become a Sith Empress. That hockey stick was great practice for your lightsaber skills

No what she really needs is a fully operational battle station...

It was great training, I wish they'd let me have a real lightsaber at the time though I'd have won every game :D.

Imagine the look on her little face when she witnesses its firepower.

13 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@lord Sidious I wish I could say yes, but with my diagnosis my license was revoked. Hope you can ride again after your child is born.

Oh I will be for sure, not giving that up any time soon :D.

I hope hospital goes ok today.

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@Buckwheat yeh converse are also nice, and I'm familiar with the non water resistance unfortunately.

I'm currently in the hospital for routine treatment (I'm fine and this treatment is the reason for it). I'm spamming my best friend with memes for the time that I'm here. 

I am going to spray them with that impregnation thingy. Hope that does the trick. Otherwise, I am going to lose my patience with at least semi-normal-looking shoes and go buy myself a pair of rubber boots. Wellies or however you call them. I hate having my shoes leak through. Another reason why rain sucks.

Good luck with the treatment. Memes are also welcome here, in case your friend blocks you for spamming. :P

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, ones with proper sole. They are really comfortable and I would totally wear the right style to town just running errands or something. 

Yeah, I've lived here for almost a month now. As soon as there was a mattress, internet and a kettle. I should have my bed in another month. It will be glorious. 

I'm currently waiting for my desk to arrive. And... blowing my nose and drinking tea and overdosing vitamin c... :stillsick:  

Okay, I must be the only person who just doesn't like sport shoes. I do not like how they look (not that I care that much about how things look, but running shoes just don't look acceptable for me on myself) and how they feel.

Get better!

I packed a bit for the trip tomorrow. I am well-versed in it, so that is quick. Just need to decide what to do about the shoes now.

19 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hey Nym! Good for you :) 

Hey Fomney, good to see you! How are you?

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That sounds cool! What kinda jobs are you considering? Good luck with the application! And good luck with getting into shape as well! I moved house and I'm suffocating in getting furniture and running errands. (and I'm boring people here with my furniture shopping "adventures" :P ) 

Looking for a position as a trainee solicitor now... :P it's ridiculously competitive though. I can try my best! 

That sounds exhausting.. I mean the moving house thing. Furniture shopping is hardly boring.. when it's for your own place. I wouldn't know though since I don't have a place of my own yet!

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello! Welcome! Congratulations! Tell us more!

Bucky! Thank you :) Just looking for a trainee solicitor position now as I mentioned to Rhaenys above. Literally just sat at home applying for jobs... hit the gym and I'm gonna learn how to swim *sigh* I was ridiculously scared of actually swimming as a kid, even though I had lessons and I loved the water.. still, better late than never!

How are you doing?

6 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@Nymeria well done and good luck with the job applications. It's hell but I'm sure you'll find something.

Thank you! 'Hell' accurately describes it.. it's stressful being unemployed. I'll get there though.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Okay, I must be the only person who just doesn't like sport shoes. I do not like how they look (not that I care that much about how things look, but running shoes just don't look acceptable for me on myself) and how they feel.

Get better!

They are usually comfortable but each to their own. I'm currently looking for a pair of combat boots and/or a pair of... the same boots I bought 4 years ago and wore to death. 

Thanks, I'm somewhat better than yesterday, but the day still feels wasted. It's such a lovely weather and I feel crappy and don't really do much all day. 

Thanks to @Ashara_Dayne too! 

1 hour ago, Nymeria10k said:

*solicitor trainee thing I accidentally deleted*

That sounds exhausting.. I mean the moving house thing. Furniture shopping is hardly boring.. when it's for your own place. I wouldn't know though since I don't have a place of my own yet!

Bucky! Thank you :) Just looking for a trainee solicitor position now as I mentioned to Rhaenys above. Literally just sat at home applying for jobs... hit the gym and I'm gonna learn how to swim *sigh* I was ridiculously scared of actually swimming as a kid, even though I had lessons and I loved the water.. still, better late than never!

That sounds cool, I hope you find something you enjoy doing. And don't worry if it takes a bit more time than you think, it will eventually be worth it. 

I can confirm that it's exhausting and shopping for furniture is not fun. I'm terribly indecisive and there's so much to consider, price, quality, aesthetic... and I have had ONE delivery out of 5 that arrived without problems. At least I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. 

Swimming is fun, good luck! 

19 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

Hey Fomney, good to see you! How are you?

Looking for a position as a trainee solicitor now... :P it's ridiculously competitive though. I can try my best! 

What area of law do you want to practice in?.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Another trainee solicitor applicant. There can be only one suitable way of lowering the pool of competitors I'm afraid.

Wipe them out.....all of them :P.

Of course being a solicitor is airing far too much on the Jedi side of the law for me....

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Wipe them out.....all of them :P.

Of course being a solicitor is airing far too much on the Jedi side of the law for me....

We must all start our ascent to power somewhere. Only through infiltration can we reach the top and bring the Galaxy to its knees

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

We must all start our ascent to power somewhere. Only through infiltration can we reach the top and bring the Galaxy to its knees

True, but Wills,Trusts and Conveyancing are not very Sithy endeavours :P.

Ooooooooooh, the arm chair for my vanity arrived and it's so nice!!!! And I finally started lining the drawers too and they are very pretty. The lining material I used doesn't go with the knobs though so I'll have to reprint those. And I'll get the glass for the table top tomorrow and it'll be ready to be finished. If I get a cushion and a little throw for the chair and some pictures and/or lights to hang above the whole thing it'll be the first corner of the flat that's fully ready. This is sooooooooo cooooooool. And I already know what pictures I want, I'll just have get/make/print them. *overly excited* 

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

True, but Wills,Trusts and Conveyancing are not very Sithy endeavours :P.

I wouldn't be so sure. Just think of the damage that can be done working so closely with the property and other assets of the rich and powerful...

On a more serious note, not my areas of interest at all really! I aced my Trusts exam at uni though :D 

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Just think of the damage that can be done working so closely with the property and other assets of the rich and powerful...

On a more serious note, not my areas of interest at all really! I aced my Trusts exam at uni though :D 

You could be a powerful ally.....

Ugh I hated Trusts too!.

Why is nobody writing anything? Do we really want me to talk about my furniture? I don't think so. 

A friend and I were going to a park for a nice autumn walk tomorrow but allegedly, it's going to be raining all day, so we'll probably end up in the movies or something. 

I walked 8.5kms today running errands. According to some random internet trivia, the healthy thing would be to walk 10kms every day. I cannot phantom how that's possible on a daily basis if someone works on a fixed schedule. 

What else can I tell you to keep the spam going...? A long and edifying story about the gloomy basement, the flower pots, the rat extermination and the hot pink lock to set the mood for Halloween? Or the short and unfortunate story of how I'm going to murder the noisy college students under my window in honor of the 100th episode of Walking Dead? OR. The short and very much convincing story of why you should all go and watch The 100 (or American Gods) right now? 

We have an election going on down here. Looks like Winston Peters is going to decide the government; he is unpredictable, so it might be weeks before we find out which way he'll jump. He's a populist who's base is mostly old people.

So I finally found out where @felice is from. I googled this Winston Peters person, wow he is OLD.  Popes are resigning because they are old while politicians run for office in their seventies... weird. 

I went to see Home Again and it was a very very pleasant surprise. I thought it was going to be a godawful Hollywood comedy with forced and crappy jokes, but it was great in every aspect. The characters are so adorable, the actors did an amazing job and the atmosphere of the film is so warm and cozy. It's been a very long time since I watched anything that good in the cinema. 

I thought popes resigning was a very very rare thing? It's an office you hold until you die usually, right? Now I've left the Catholic church many many years ago, so maybe someone with current knowledge of the church can fill me in?

@felice I guess fingers crossed? Is there any outcome of your election you'd be ok with?

We're still waiting for the hung parliament to actually decide to unhang themselves. For now they broke the record for longest period of formation. Far as I know, they're not near a conclusion yet. Yet today we're looking at our neighbours to make their decision, although I think Merkel is quite safe. These are weird political times.

PS: I'm not trying to start any discourse. This is as much as i'll say on the topic here.

Archived