Storylines finished - or not? (Season 6 end)

Simon Tam

Preliminary remark 1: Some of these subjects had been discussed occasionally in several threads. Somewhere, dispersed. I like to collect them in this

specific thread.

Preliminary remark 2: This subject is well suited for a poll. I just don’t  know how to do this.

Daario Naharis in Mereen:

NO: The location Essos is past. Dead past.

YES: Daario will try to take Revenge on Dany. On what continent ever.

The House of Black and White:

NO: It served the only purpose to get fooled by a ferocious  westerosi lady . It fulfilled this purpose

YES: There is some hidden agenda not yet revealed

The Tarly Family:

NO: Daddy Tarly lost his sword. There is nothing more to say.

YES: He is one of the greater Lords in the Reach. We will see him again.

The Nights Watch:

NO: Three minutes of resistance. A great WHOOM. The rest is silence.

YES: We are going to see defense preparations, maybe even a plot and much valor yet in vain.

Benjen Stark:

NO: Left

YES: There is still some story to be told.

The Nobles of the Vale. Sweetrobin.

NO: They are attached to Littlefinger without  a will of their own.

YES: The question of Loyalty – to the King of the North, or Sansa,or  Littlefinger, or the South – and the manipulation of Robin  will be part of the plot

Lord Varys and Rhollor

NO: We have seen the pretty lady in Mereen. What do we need more?

YES: Varys may take revenge on the religion/the wizardry that took his parts

The Riverlands: The dissolution of the Freys, Edmure

NO: The Riverland Army will flock to Jon/Sansa. Mentioned in five seconds.

YES: It may be much more difficult – and interesting - than this

Did I forgot something?

NO: Enough of this

YES: Yes, e.g. …

4 hours ago, Simon Tam said:

NO: It served the only purpose to get fooled by a ferocious  westerosi lady . It fulfilled this purpose

The Tarly Family:

YES: He is one of the greater Lords in the Reach. We will see him again.

The Nights Watch:

YES: We are going to see defense preparations, maybe even a plot and much valor yet in vain.

Benjen Stark:

YES: The question of Loyalty – to the King of the North, or Sansa,or  Littlefinger, or the South – and the manipulation of Robin  will be part of the plot

Lord Varys and Rhollor

NO: We have seen the pretty lady in Mereen. What do we need more?

YES: It may be much more difficult – and interesting - than this

Did I forgot something?

YES: Yes, e.g. …

Fun post.  Answers below for TV only.

#1 NO... we are not going back to Daario, though Essos (not Meereen) still may play a part.

#2 NO... it has fulfilled it's tv purpose.

#3 YES... too much time was spent on Randall Tarly in that one episode and he is one of the few powerful people not killed in the great Sept, so he must factor in later.

#4 YES... it is possible a reformed or even re-built Night's Watch after the existing NW is annihilated.  Maybe even Jorah or Jaime leads it.  But I don't think it's over, and the 1000th Lord Commander will be important.

#5 YES... Coldhands Benjen will make a S8 appearance when a major character ends up in an impossible situation even D&D figure they've used Drogon ex Machina too often but have only used Benjen ex Machina once.

#6 SORT-OF... when Sansa decides to off Littlefinger they'll show the reaction of Robin's indifference and the Knights of the Vale's acceptance, but they won't play a role in influencing Sansa and Littlefinger's actions throughout the rest of the series.

#7 NO... I have no idea what they were going for with everything Varys did or was involved in during S6, and I don't think they really did either.  We have been reminded that Red priests have some power and shown that Mel isn't the authority on R'hllorism with Stannis/Jon, so Kinvara has served her purpose... I do think it is possible that Varys turns on Dany, but I don't think they'll use religion as a reason because Dany isn't going to be a religious figure in the show.

#8 NO... I don't think Tobias Menzies is really available, and I'm not sure D&D care.

3 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

The story of the Faceless Men isn't over. I'm pretty sure there is still a major twist coming with Arya's story. No way they just let her walk away. 

That's exactly what they did, made her walk away so FM won't be coming after her. I can see FM going after Cersei or someone else.

9 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

That's exactly what they did, made her walk away so FM won't be coming after her. I can see FM going after Cersei or someone else.

It appeared they let her walk away, but I don't believe that's what really happened because an organization like the FM would not do that.  So either Arya is not Arya or she's FM Arya on a mission. She may be a sort of Manchurian candidate that will be triggered to do something later. 

2 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

It appeared they let her walk away, but I don't believe that's what really happened because an organization like the FM would not do that.  So either Arya is not Arya or she's FM Arya on a mission. She may be a sort of Manchurian candidate that will be triggered to do something later. 

They made her walk away or Jaquen did because he knew Arya is stil a Stark. He had that smile on his face and not sure if D&D confirmed this that they made her walk away from FM. She has future elsewhere and Arya will likely fight the white walkers. They got the white walkers army coming after them, no need for FM to go after her.

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

They made her walk away or Jaquen did because he knew Arya is stil a Stark. He had that smile on his face and not sure if D&D confirmed this that they made her walk away from FM. She has future elsewhere and Arya will likely fight the white walkers. They got the white walkers army coming after them, no need for FM to go after her.

The FM worship and serve Death, their God.  The White Walkers are agents of death.  I could easily see a connection between the FM and the WW. 

The FM are also the ancient enemies of the dragon lords and the dragons, who are a mortal threat to the WW and the spread of death. Dany and Jon Snow now represent the dragons and are the greatest threat to stopping the WW from bring Death to Westeros. (I think Essos would be safe.)

I can easily see the FM using brainwashed deep cover agent Arya to get close to Jon and Dany to kill them.  That can be the final shocking twist that D&D hinted at.  Arya's dark story is so destined to end tragically.

This makes a lot more sense to me than kind, sentimental Jaqen letting spunky Arya Stark walk because she's so cute and spunky.  He worked hard to recruit her and train her. If she was a failed project, the FM would have just killed her.  It wasn't for nothing that Jaqen declared Arya "nobody".

4 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

The FM worship and serve Death, their God.  The White Walkers are agents of death.  I could easily see a connection between the FM and the WW. 

The FM are also the ancient enemies of the dragon lords and the dragons, who are a mortal threat to the WW and the spread of death. Dany and Jon Snow now represent the dragons and are the greatest threat to stopping the WW from bring Death to Westeros. (I think Essos would be safe.)

They won't overcomplicate it with another angle like FM. BEsides FM and the White Walkers are different, serve for a different purpose and The White Walkers worships the Other. Where as FM The God of Death, but also they have a code or contract. So unless the White Walkers pays them. I can see Cersei or someone else doing that.

I can easily see the FM using brainwashed deep cover agent Arya to get close to Jon and Dany to kill them.  That can be the final shocking twist that D&D hinted at.  Arya's dark story is so destined to end tragically.

This makes a lot more sense to me than kind, sentimental Jaqen letting spunky Arya Stark walk because she's so cute and spunky.  He worked hard to recruit her and train her. If she was a failed project, the FM would have just killed her.  It wasn't for nothing that Jaqen declared Arya "nobody".

Brainwashed deep cover agent Arya? Yeah this is not FBI or CIA kind of show about agents. Arya left them and Jaquen in a way admire that decision. Arya won't kill Jon under any circumstances and if she killed Dany, Jon will be angry at her. They have tons of problems with the white walkers already. They ended this plot for a reason and moved onto others. There is no word on FM being in the next season either. If you do not set this up in the next eason, doubt we'll see them in season 8.

On 6.6.2017 at 11:03 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Fun post.  Answers below for TV only.

#1 NO... we are not going back to Daario, though Essos (not Meereen) still may play a part.

#2 NO... it has fulfilled it's tv purpose.

Interesting. Neither Mereen nor the House of black and white will play a part, but Essos. Where? I dont see Illyrio Mopatis coming again, as he did not show up in Season 5 when Tyrion and Varys were in Pentos. I did not even mention Jorah in my OP, because this storyline is obviously not finished. I cannot imagine of anything else in Essos which is important for the show.

On 2017. 06. 06. at 6:18 PM, Simon Tam said:

The Tarly Family:

YES:He is one of the greater Lords in the Reach. We will see him again.

The Nights Watch:

YES:We are going to see defense preparations, maybe even a plot and much valor yet in vain.

Benjen Stark:

the lords of the vale will follow whoever d&d feels is convenient for them to follow for the plot. Which seems to be Jon at this point. They completely forgot about Sweetrobin and if Littlefinger tries to call them out they will just dump him. 

Lord Varys and Rhollo

NO: We have seen the pretty lady in Mereen. What do we need more?

YES:It may be much more difficult – and interesting - than this

Jamie took riverrun, they are essentially Lannister territory. 

Did I forgot something?

YES: Yes, e.g. … 

Jorah and Daenerys reunion

Gendry 

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@Simon Tam I'm not sure Essos will return, but if it does I could see it happening from either new dragon eggs from Asshai (even if we never go to Asshai) or a sellsword company from Essos or even the Iron Bank of Braavos getting involved in some way.

I thought the Free Cities count as Essos.

41 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I thought the Free Cities count as Essos.

Free cities are essos... I'm just reiterating that I don't have confidence that we will see any of essos, but if we do I'm laying out how it will happen.  I feel confident that we are done with Meereen.

8 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@Simon Tam I'm not sure Essos will return, but if it does I could see it happening from either new dragon eggs from Asshai (even if we never go to Asshai) or a sellsword company from Essos or even the Iron Bank of Braavos getting involved in some way.

The Iron Bank, Golden Company. FM if needed to be for other purpose than Arya, Red Priestess from Asshai or in general or Daario and his Second Sons.

Archived