7 people are Azor Ahai

ftheking

This thread answers one question without a doubt: This is not a widely held theory! I will take full credit then.

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Is it preferable to have a hero that belong to the second-worst people on the planet, right behind only the Slave Master classes, who slaughter humans to fertilize their weirwood trees!  Yikes.  I think not.  I hear they market a fertilizer brand called "Stark's Human Emulsion for Lush Weirwood", brings out the reds in those leaves and the sap. 

Hence why it's better not stay within one Westeros religion, but to go for spiritual meaning behind it all.

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Jon seems to fit mostly in the PTWP role. Not the literal prophecy, but he fits. The line of Aerys and Rhaella
Dany fits the Azor Ahai role. killing her love to create her flaming weapons. 
Bran fits the last hero role. Traveling north to seek out an learn from the children and the greenseers to fight the impending invasion of the others

Yeah because they all are him - the one (who is seven). Dirfferent aspects of what is needed to save the world.

5 hours ago, ftheking said:

This thread answers one question without a doubt: This is not a widely held theory! I will take full credit then.

Hence why it's better not stay within one Westeros religion, but to go for spiritual meaning behind it all.

Yeah because they all are him - the one (who is seven). Dirfferent aspects of what is needed to save the world.

No, because the prophecies and stores are not supposed to be actual characters, just literary devices to show hte direction, not hte actual journey of characters 

19 hours ago, Helikzhan said:

It's little coincidence that the prophecy of AA comes from an ancient reading in Asshai that is said to be over 5,000 years old. Give or take a couple thousand since the war for the dawn. That long night stretched well beyond Westeros freezing Essos from the far north to Selhoru. 

I mention Asshai because histories do indeed get lost to the ages. 5k+ years is a very, very long time to endure nature (and humans) meddling with text and word. After 5,000 years most of the original context has been lost in Westeros and that's of little surprise considering the politics of the region. Asshai is seen as the ass end of the world in Westeros and its spellbinders are feared in Westeros for this reason.

My gut tells me that much of the history in Westeros regarding the Long Night has been tampered with. That quote from Tarly on the Age of Heroes wiki is pretty interesting:

The oldest histories we have were written after the Andals came to Westeros. The First Men only left us runes on rocks, so everything we know about the Age of Heroes and the Dawn Age and the Long Night comes from accounts set down by septons thousands of years later. There are archmaesters at the Citadel who question all of it. Those old histories are full of kings who reigned for a hundred years, and knights riding around a thousand years before there were knights

Thousands of years later, written by septons of a foreign faith with enough motive to perverse the history. Couple this with the fact the Others have been gone for thousands of years and you have a situation ripe for an enormous misunderstanding in the text. 

Thanks for reminding us of the origins of the AA.

I'm interested in learning how this became attached to the cult of the Red Lord.

Off to read more.

1 hour ago, Prof. Cecily said:

Thanks for reminding us of the origins of the AA.

I'm interested in learning how this became attached to the cult of the Red Lord.

Off to read more.

You're welcome!

To answer how it would be attached to R'hllor: When darkness fell on the world and the cold stretched all the way to the south, the people turned to fire for answers. From the fire came R'hllor, shadows and all. 

I would liken firesight to be like greensight. In the sense some humans have the gift and some do not. Some peering into their flames seeking answers to the darkness would find it. From that God and cult would be born. 

Well there used to be the "Composite Azor Ahai" crackpot/parody theory.

Basically everyone who is speculated to be Azor Ahai fuses together into one giant dude who then is Azor Ahai.

Except Stannis, because nobody wants to fuse with Stannis.

Edit: There's also a ham (or ham substitute) involved.

4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Basically everyone who is speculated to be Azor Ahai fuses together into one giant dude who then is Azor Ahai.

That was a good line by Renly.  Is he ham?  

On 8.6.2017 at 11:59 AM, Orphalesion said:

There is often wisdom in crack!

(I'll never forget the crack theory of why that guy always says Hodor. I heard it hear first, actually.)

On 7.6.2017 at 7:25 PM, The Mother of The Others said:

My deal is that Azor is a corrective action taken by the magical world..... It's a physics thing, fated, like how those volcanic hotspots in the Pacific are destined to create additional Hawaaian islands.   Azor is an emergent property, already part of the timeline (prophesied).    So..... the only unsure thing is WHO.  So the universe is trying to answer the question by planting seeds (people) as Azor candidates and having "signs" gather round each of them until one of them.... blossoms.  Until someone's spirit accepts the Azor role and grows into it, maybe by visiting a magical hotspot and absorbing its transformative energies (Daenerys in the lead at present, but with others like Jaime and Jon sniffing after magical "feeds" & sources of correctness.  

Now, you might still get "Azor by committee" if the person the universe tries to empower says no to it because they have a conscience, or whatever, so then you'd have the other candidates able to assert themselves as co- azors with salt signs swirling around them and some of the good fortune associated with being able to alter history.  I'd like that, if these characters actually realized they shared similar visions from the powers that be, and they should operate as a team of future- shifters.

I really like this take btw. I don't think the first option refusing is necessary to have this realisation of "So you are seeing/planning that too! Let's get to it!" That would just be perfect.

Archived