"Not-so-main" characters appreciation thread -Season 7 [Book Spoilers]

Meera of Tarth

Hi everyone,

This thread is dedicated to the "not so main" characters of Game of Thrones, especially to their evolution in Season 7 (their journeys until season7, their motivations, personalities, speculation about their future arcs)....

Who are those "not-so-main"? The secondary characters! There are many fans that like secondary characters. So this is a place for those who like Sandor, Jorah, Meera, Samwell, Brienne, Davos, Gendry, Lyanna Mormont, Gilly, Yara, Daario, Missandei, Melisandre, etc and feel they need a thread to talk about their roles in the story. 

The "not-so-main" also refer to the characters that are main characters in the books but don't have enough screentime in the show (at least until now). They are not the main focus of the thread, but also fall in the category given their screentime, so if some people feel the need to talk about them, they are free here to talk about them as well.

According to imdb the characters that have more screentime are:

Tyrion, Jon, Dany and Cersei --> more than 200 minutes, some ones much more than that.....(Tyrion and Jon more than 250!). They are the big four of the show. This thread is not to talk about the arcs about these ones because plenty of other threads focus on them due to their popularity.

Then Sansa, Arya and Jaime in a second category with more than 150 minutes. Not the main focus of the thread, but still a place for them if some people want because they should need more screentime, and thus they are "not-so-main" as well.

The rest of the characters have less screentime, even if some of them are considered main characters in the books, like Bran. 

The secondary, sometimes forgotten characters that are not Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Cersei....  still have fans and lots of people are interested in them even if they are not the "main" characters. Some people even like them more than the big four (like me!) and I felt there should be a space for them. Book readers feel free to talk about the books, because correlations between the two mediums are welcome here. 

Samwell: In season 7 he is starting his lessons as a Maester, he'll likely discover some things in that huge library. He is one of the most interesting characters in the show and in the books. Which will be the differences between his role in the books and in the show? In the show he defied his father stealing HeartsBane. What's the role of this sword?

Daario: He was left in Meereen. Will we see him again?

Meera: Reports and screenshots are saying she is arriving to Winterfell. She is Bran's best confident and friend. 

Brienne: She achieved her purpose but she still has Oathkeeper. WIll that sword be important in the future? And will this have anything to do with Jaime's dream in the books? Which will be her next mission?

Gendry: Reports are saying he is back in season 7. What will happen?

Sandor: He is leaving the Riverlands with some members of the old BwB and we've seen he has new clothes in the screenshots.

Yara: How will her relationship with Theon develop? And Euron's threat vs her alliance with the dragon queen? She has shown lots of strength in both mediums. She is an amazing Commander.

Lyanna Mormont: This girl was key to win the Battle of the Bastards and all the Northern Lords respect her despite being very young. 

Davos: The hand of the King, the Onion Knight. Interesting journey serving different Kings, being taught how to read by Princess Shireen, saved Gendry in the show (Edric in the books), in the show he said some interesting things to Melisandre in their last scene together, a "grey": cold but also good-hearted character. 

Finally, I'd also add this from the producers...

“For a long time we’ve been talking about ‘the wars to come,'” showrunner David Benioff says. “Well, that war is pretty much here. So it’s really about trying to find a way to make the storytelling work without feeling like we’re rushing it — you still want to give characters their due, and pretty much all the characters that are now left are all important characters. Even the ones who might have started out as relatively minor characters have become significant in their own right.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/23/game-of-thrones-season-7-pace/

So the "minor" ones will have their arcs, and are kind of important as well :)

This is the thread for the fans of these ones!

Hey @Meera of Tarth, I'm not sure if I buy into D&D saying these characters are major ones but I'll take the bait!

show-Gendry (as a Gendry-Edric composite) has the most potential for real end-game importance to me.  In S3 when he decides to join the Brotherhood without Banners he makes a comment to Arya, who says that she could be his family, that she'll be his lady.  This, combined with his Baratheon heritage, and that Ned Stark tells Arya that she will give birth to little princes and princesses, leads me to believe that Gendry and Arya may end up together as rulers.  Even if the Iron Throne doesn't exist in the end, whatever form of government takes it's place, and they could be great leaders given that they have had a boatload of education through life experience.  The show could have used Edric Storm and saved time with the whole plot of Mel getting Gendry and bringing him to Dragonstone, but I think they purposefully combined them because Gendry has significance later on and they wanted to emphasize him.  I'll be pretty upset if he is brought back only to be someone-with-a-name-that-gets-killed.

Sandor is also really interesting to me.  Hopefully his "redemptive arc" doesn't get the same shape as Jaime's!  While I think SanSan is possible in the books I don't see the show going that way - I think they want to portray Sansa as an entirely independent survivor when all is said and done.  So why bring him back if not for Sansa?  This one vexes me a bit.  His humor is much needed on the show, but I don't know what they're doing with him.  It's gotta be more than having a big guy who is good at killing White Walkers.

Yara and Theon are so beyond boring to me now I just can't wait until they meet their ends.  I find neither interesting.

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Hey @Meera of Tarth, I'm not sure if I buy into D&D saying these characters are major ones but I'll take the bait!

show-Gendry (as a Gendry-Edric composite) has the most potential for real end-game importance to me.  In S3 when he decides to join the Brotherhood without Banners he makes a comment to Arya, who says that she could be his family, that she'll be his lady.  This, combined with his Baratheon heritage, and that Ned Stark tells Arya that she will give birth to little princes and princesses, leads me to believe that Gendry and Arya may end up together as rulers.  Even if the Iron Throne doesn't exist in the end, whatever form of government takes it's place, and they could be great leaders given that they have had a boatload of education through life experience.  The show could have used Edric Storm and saved time with the whole plot of Mel getting Gendry and bringing him to Dragonstone, but I think they purposefully combined them because Gendry has significance later on and they wanted to emphasize him.  I'll be pretty upset if he is brought back only to be someone-with-a-name-that-gets-killed.

Hi! Thanks to comment!

Yes, I also believe that Gendry has lots of potential. He is one of my favourite characters. I want to believe he'll return because there is something more to tell (and that's why they make him return after many seasons) and well, as a fan of Gendrya I'd love to see both of them surviving and also I'd love to see them together in some way or another; though I'm not so sure if that would be them as rulers. You mention those two scenes but there are more actually, for instance: the last time Arya sees him they focus a lot on her facial expressions and she clearly is devastated....

Having said that, they would really be good leaders due to their life experience. Not to mention that they would be a nice couple because it is based on a true friendship and they have experienced many bad moments together, and both of them have overcome them (somethimes together, other times as independent individuals). In the show Gendry has managed to survive alone all these years....and in the books he has started to become a warrior...something that I think will happen as well in the show soon.

Some people say that as an illiterate person he will not be able to rule anything but, in case that this was his endgame, that's not something difficult to solve...at least in the show it's just a matter of having a good teacher, like Davos and Gilly had.

There are some leaks that say...

Spoiler

he will be wielding a war hammer next season....and wear highborn clothes

Sandor is also really interesting to me.  Hopefully his "redemptive arc" doesn't get the same shape as Jaime's!  While I think SanSan is possible in the books I don't see the show going that way - I think they want to portray Sansa as an entirely independent survivor when all is said and done.  So why bring him back if not for Sansa?  This one vexes me a bit.  His humor is much needed on the show, but I don't know what they're doing with him.  It's gotta be more than having a big guy who is good at killing White Walkers.

Oh yes, Jaime's redemptive arc has done a 180 degrees turn....twice. (I am not necessarily against some of the decisions made about Jaime and Cersei's relationship like prolonging it a little bit more than in the books if it was necessary, but I'm completely against the way he still sees her and how the relationship is still not starting to be breaking at this moment of the story. However, I think we started to see a few signs of his "redemption" in the last episode of last season, when he didn't approve Lord Walder Frey's decisions or phylosophy of life; not to mention how he looked at Cersei after the Sept explosion that she provoked...)

As for Sandor, yeah, I think he might have a role to play, early endgame and/or possibly endgame, and he definitely still has his story with Sansa to be told. There is more than having the big warrior, as you say.

The showrunners have said many times that the ending will have the same spirit that the books, so I think that SanSan is very possible, both mediums because of that reason. I see a love story in both mediums, with the difference that we don't get to see Sansa's internal speech in the show. However, we still had their last scene together in the show, and in my opinion, it was kind of romantic. He told her she should go with him, but she refused. I think that this time, it's him that will go to her, and they'll meet. SanSan is one of the two Beauty and The Beast inspired stories in the books/show (along with Jaime and Brienne) and, while it's true that it has not been as heavily hinted as JB in the show due to not having the internal monologue that exists in the books, they payed a lot of attention in their scenes together in the first seasons and I'm sure there must be a payoff to that. In the books, it's very clear she desires him. The difference will be that when Sandor and Sansa meet again in the show, she'll not be his little bird anymore. But they'll recatch their relationship. I think it would be really nice if Sansa decided to be with him, in the sense that she chooses for the very first time with who she wants to be and this time, the "Prince" is not a frog, and it's not a "prince", because she clearly doesn't want princes any more.

I also agree that, whatever it happens romantically, they'll show Sansa as an independent survivor.

I also want the humor of Sandor back! :P

Yara and Theon are so beyond boring to me now I just can't wait until they meet their ends.  I find neither interesting.

Theon is one of my favoruite (top ten probably) characters in both mediums, although not a super favourite bc of him being grey, but I find him incredibly interesting. I'm really looking forward to his future. Yara, well......I prefer her in the books, and I'm against some decisions they have made to her character, but I still like her, and I like that they have emphasised quite a lot that she loves her brother and she is fierce, capable and loyal.

I love "secondary" characters!

On 7/6/2017 at 4:57 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Samwell: In season 7 he is starting his lessons as a Maester, he'll likely discover some things in that huge library. He is one of the most interesting characters in the show and in the books. Which will be the differences between his role in the books and in the show? In the show he defied his father stealing HeartsBane. What's the role of this sword?

I think Heartsbane and Sam are going to play a great role in the finale! both in the books and inthe show. He reminds me the lion in the wizard of Oz, who is searching for courage when he is already brave, but he cannot see it. Maybe he is brave but not  in a conventional way.

Meera: Reports and screenshots are saying she is arriving to Winterfell. She is Bran's best confident and friend. 

yes, I wonder if we'll ever see Howland!

Lyanna Mormont: This girl was key to win the Battle of the Bastards and all the Northern Lords respect her despite being very young.

I think that will be a difference between show and books. I don't think she will have the same role in the books.

Sandor: He is leaving the Riverlands with some members of the old BwB and we've seen he has new clothes in the screenshots

Can't wait to see more of him!

Brienne: She achieved her purpose but she still has Oathkeeper. WIll that sword be important in the future? And will this have anything to do with Jaime's dream in the books? Which will be her next mission?

I hope Brienne will have the same grand finale both in show and in the books, because I think she is very important for the story. And I really hope she'll survive.

12 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

:laugh:Good! Welcome to the club!

12 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I think Heartsbane and Sam are going to play a great role in the finale! both in the books and inthe show. He reminds me the lion in the wizard of Oz, who is searching for courage when he is already brave, but he cannot see it. Maybe he is brave but not  in a conventional way.

yes, I wonder if we'll ever see Howland!

Oh I want to see Howland so hard!! I was rewatching s6 the other day, how the 3Eyed Raven makes it so clear who Howland is.....I really want to see him! 

About Heartsbane...yeah, that's a good analogy. I think that one of the reasons why Sam "steals" it it's because IIRC Randyll tells him there are only a few Valyrian swords in the world...(I think Jon mentions it as well in another episode?) but also to tell himself that he is the heir of the family, that he really deserves being a Tarly, the contrary of what Randyll had told him in the dinner,. The difference is that, at that moment, he was not brave enough to say anything. And he is not brave enough now, he is leaving in the middle of the night, but he doesn't care if his father go to catch him.

I think that will be a difference between show and books. I don't think she will have the same role in the books.

Can't wait to see more of him!

I hope Brienne will have the same grand finale both in show and in the books, because I think she is very important for the story. And I really hope she'll survive.

Yes, the finale will be the same in both mediums. I really think Brienne, as one of the "not-so-main" ones, will have a very similar ending. Lyanna Mormont, on the other hand, I'm clueless. Will she have an important role in the books and that's why they inclded her?

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Will she have an important role in the books and that's why they inclded her?

I don't think so.... They wanted to add a badass little girl. I wonder if they are going to add more screentime in season 7, because people like her a lot. But maybe she will appear in the book too, in a different way.

4 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I don't think so.... They wanted to add a badass little girl. I wonder if they are going to add more screentime in season 7, because people like her a lot. But maybe she will appear in the book too, in a different way.

I like her determination! She is so great! The only thing that I don't like about her is that she made Jon (and not Sansa, not Bran) KITN.

14 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Absolutely. I go even a step further and say that I am more invested in the secondary characters than in the "big ones".

The show became quite lazy with the "everybody can die" theme in the last seasons. As an example: in battle of the bastards I was more concerned about tormund and davos than I was about jon, because I was pretty sure that they won't bring him back just to kill him in this battle.

Right now I am very concerned about my beloved Edd tollet, because jons good bye joke (don't let the wall fall why I am in the south) doesn't seem to hint on something good in his futere.

In general I am most intersted how the show / books will handle the endgames of characters that doesn't have a big role in the war for the dawn. I really hope D&D / GRRM have something more interesting than killing of all characters that don't have an important role for the end:

Sandor & gendry: As long it doesn't end with sansan & gendrya, I have no idea where their storys could go.

Sam: He will be maester (and maybe even a wizard) but what will he do with this new "abilities". I actually think that sam could be more important in beating the WW than jon & dany.

Jorah: He was there since the beginning so I hope that he will have to play a bigger role than just be the "friendzone-knight" before the end.

Davos: If he dies I would be more pissed than after the red wedding. Many book readers seem to think that when stannis dies davos story is over. But I totally disagree here. There is a reason GRRM told this story arc through the POV of Davos instead of stannis. Davos dedicated his whole live to stannis so when stannis dies, he will be in a series crisis and need to reframe his whole live. They pretty much ignored this crisis for davos in the show, so this is one of the parts I looking forward to the most in winds of winter.

Theon: More interesting than jon & dany for me because I have literally no idea where his story could go from here.

Last but not least: Not really minor characters, but I think that bran, arya & sansa will eventually be much more important for the endgame than just coming home to winterfell. There need to be some more payoff after 7 books. Possible theorys for that: gendry+arya=king+queen, sansa=queen (elizabeth I), bran=lord of light. I just hope that they will have larger roles in the endgame than just returning home.

Love the idea for secondary characters and many times underrated. Can we talk with spoiler knowledge on here? I'll cover at least my first comment to make sure everything is cool. I see book spoilers but we also know show spoilers to certain extent. Modelling it just by the books won't be that accurate. Even if leaks are not complete, still we know at least broad strokes for many of these characters.

Secondary characters in many ways helps, enhances and give a lot of value to our main characters and are very important for plot or character development of our main characters.

Really curious what Sandor will do next season. Will he get to Winterfell or directly to the Wall? Will he meet Sansa and Arya - what it will add?

Spoiler

Also Jorah beyond his greyscale. It seems that Citadel and the help of Sam and Grandmaester Ambrose will do. Looking forward to his reunion with Dany.

Gendry is the wild card here. Damn, so many possibilities and good to see him after rowing for 3 seasons. Will he be legitimized by Dany and claim Storm's End and Stormlands? He's the last of the Baratheons.

@Meera of Tarth

That was the best or well any scene with her as amazing thing from Lady Lyanna. It was so poetic that girl named after Jon's mother pushed him to be KITN. Like her spirit is with him and watching over him. The transition from TOJ and Lyanna Stark to the Great Hall of Winterfell and Lyanna Mormont was spot on.

Brienne, Meera and Davos are my favorite secondary characters. they are brave, loyal and selfless. I hope we see more of them in TWOW and the new season.

I like Gendry and I really enjoyed his moments with Arya in both universes. I hope they meet again. I want to know how Arya would react to him now that she is a young woman.

I love Sandor. especially the book version. he is such a complex character. his reunion with Start sisters should be very interesting to watch.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:27 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I disagree about her role in the battle. LF was key to win the battle. if it wasn't for him and KOTV, Ramsey would've destroyed the Stark Army.

Lyanna is a badass little girl but I think she is a bit overrated. Jon and Sansa had to play dumb so she(and Davos) could shine in that scene.

7 hours ago, Neverborn said:

Absolutely. I go even a step further and say that I am more invested in the secondary characters than in the "big ones".

The show became quite lazy with the "everybody can die" theme in the last seasons. As an example: in battle of the bastards I was more concerned about tormund and davos than I was about jon, because I was pretty sure that they won't bring him back just to kill him in this battle.

Right now I am very concerned about my beloved Edd tollet, because jons good bye joke (don't let the wall fall why I am in the south) doesn't seem to hint on something good in his futere.

In general I am most intersted how the show / books will handle the endgames of characters that doesn't have a big role in the war for the dawn. I really hope D&D / GRRM have something more interesting than killing of all characters that don't have an important role for the end:

Sandor & gendry: As long it doesn't end with sansan & gendrya, I have no idea where their storys could go.

Sam: He will be maester (and maybe even a wizard) but what will he do with this new "abilities". I actually think that sam could be more important in beating the WW than jon & dany.

Something curious about Sam....

He looks like a wizard in this pic!

I'm also concerned about Edd and the people in the Wall...

7 hours ago, Neverborn said:

Jorah: He was there since the beginning so I hope that he will have to play a bigger role than just be the "friendzone-knight" before the end.

Davos: If he dies I would be more pissed than after the red wedding. Many book readers seem to think that when stannis dies davos story is over. But I totally disagree here. There is a reason GRRM told this story arc through the POV of Davos instead of stannis. Davos dedicated his whole live to stannis so when stannis dies, he will be in a series crisis and need to reframe his whole live. They pretty much ignored this crisis for davos in the show, so this is one of the parts I looking forward to the most in winds of winter.

Yeah, Jorah is much more prominentt in the show than in the books. I'm pretty sure that this has a reason.

As for Davos, I also like him a lot everywhere.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:57 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Hi everyone,

This thread is dedicated to the "not so main" characters of Game of Thrones, especially to their evolution in Season 7 (their journeys until season7, their motivations, personalities, speculation about their future arcs)....

Who are those "not-so-main"? The secondary characters! There are many fans that like secondary characters. So this is a place for those who like Sandor, Jorah, Meera, Samwell, Brienne, Davos, Gendry, Lyanna Mormont, Gilly, Yara, Daario, Missandei, Melisandre, etc and feel they need a thread to talk about their roles in the story. 

The "not-so-main" also refer to the characters that are main characters in the books but don't have enough screentime in the show (at least until now). They are not the main focus of the thread, but also fall in the category given their screentime, so if some people feel the need to talk about them, they are free here to talk about them as well.

According to imdb the characters that have more screentime are:

Tyrion, Jon, Dany and Cersei --> more than 200 minutes, some ones much more than that.....(Tyrion and Jon more than 250!). They are the big four of the show. This thread is not to talk about the arcs about these ones because plenty of other threads focus on them due to their popularity.

Then Sansa, Arya and Jaime in a second category with more than 150 minutes. Not the main focus of the thread, but still a place for them if some people want because they should need more screentime, and thus they are "not-so-main" as well.

The rest of the characters have less screentime, even if some of them are considered main characters in the books, like Bran. 

The secondary, sometimes forgotten characters that are not Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Cersei....  still have fans and lots of people are interested in them even if they are not the "main" characters. Some people even like them more than the big four (like me!) and I felt there should be a space for them. Book readers feel free to talk about the books, because correlations between the two mediums are welcome here. 

Daario: He was left in Meereen. Will we see him again?

Gendry: Reports are saying he is back in season 7. What will happen?

Sandor: He is leaving the Riverlands with some members of the old BwB and we've seen he has new clothes in the screenshots.

Yara: How will her relationship with Theon develop? And Euron's threat vs her alliance with the dragon queen? She has shown lots of strength in both mediums. She is an amazing Commander.

Davos: The hand of the King, the Onion Knight. Interesting journey serving different Kings, being taught how to read by Princess Shireen, saved Gendry in the show (Edric in the books), in the show he said some interesting things to Melisandre in their last scene together, a "grey": cold but also good-hearted character. 

Finally, I'd also add this from the producers...

“For a long time we’ve been talking about ‘the wars to come,'” showrunner David Benioff says. “Well, that war is pretty much here. So it’s really about trying to find a way to make the storytelling work without feeling like we’re rushing it — you still want to give characters their due, and pretty much all the characters that are now left are all important characters. Even the ones who might have started out as relatively minor characters have become significant in their own right.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/23/game-of-thrones-season-7-pace/

So the "minor" ones will have their arcs, and are kind of important as well :)

This is the thread for the fans of these ones!

My favorite "not so main" characters:

Lyanna Mormont (super smart, full of potential)

Brienne (A true, classic "questing knight," one of the most honorable and "good" characters in the entire show/books.  Some people complain about her "questing chapters," but I enjoyed it all.   She deserves a "happily ever after ending" more than just about anyone, I think)

Bronn (great comic relief, and I love how he bridges the gap between the Lannister brothers, managing to be great friends with both, even though Jaime and Tyrion are SO different)

Pod Payne (great "straight man" for lots of comic relief by other characters, including Brienne, Bronn and Tyrion)

Gendry (a really good, earnest, guy, who can restore the Baratheon name, and marry Arya Stark, thus closing the circle of the long, great friendship between Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon.  Gendry and Arya being together at the end brings a lot of closure to major sub-plots)

Tyene (smoking hot, spicy, BOLD, energetic, just plain fun to have around!!  I want her to survive, and hook up with Bronn on a permanent basis)

I might think of some others, too...

5 hours ago, winter daughter said:

Brienne, Meera and Davos are my favorite secondary characters. they are brave, loyal and selfless. I hope we see more of them in TWOW and the new season.

I like Gendry and I really enjoyed his moments with Arya in both universes. I hope they meet again. I want to know how Arya would react to him now that she is a young woman.

I love Sandor. especially the book version. he is such a complex character. his reunion with Start sisters should be very interesting to watch.

Yes, all of that. I agree about Davos, Meera and Brienne thinking of the greater good.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gendry again and if he'll meet Arya in the next two seasons.

5 hours ago, winter daughter said:

I disagree about her role in the battle. LF was key to win the battle. if it wasn't for him and KOTV, Ramsey would've destroyed the Stark Army.

Lyanna is a badass little girl but I think she is a bit overrated. Jon and Sansa had to play dumb so she(and Davos) could shine in that scene.

Oh, yes, that's true, I was thinking of how she was key in the sense that her house supported Jon's and Sansa's cause, and it made a big difference. In the battle, the Vale Army was the key. They were losing it.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Love the idea for secondary characters and many times underrated. Can we talk with spoiler knowledge on here? I'll cover at least my first comment to make sure everything is cool. I see book spoilers but we also know show spoilers to certain extent. Modelling it just by the books won't be that accurate. Even if leaks are not complete, still we know at least broad strokes for many of these characters.

Well in the OP my idea was to talk about spoilers if we hide it (especially the ones that are very likely to be legit from the first leaker) just in case someone who doesn't want to read them doesn't get spoiled; but we can talk and specualte about them in season 7 and beyond given the books, show story and also leaks. If people don't cover them then the OP should be changed.

There are minor spoilers from interviews and watchersonthewall, L7R that maybe don't need to be hidden. Like the promotional pics.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

.Secondary characters in many ways helps, enhances and give a lot of value to our main characters and are very important for plot or character development of our main characters.

Really curious what Sandor will do next season. Will he get to Winterfell or directly to the Wall? Will he meet Sansa and Arya - what it will add?

Reveal hidden contents

Also Jorah beyond his greyscale. It seems that Citadel and the help of Sam and Grandmaester Ambrose will do. Looking forward to his reunion with Dany.

Gendry is the wild card here. Damn, so many possibilities and good to see him after rowing for 3 seasons. Will he be legitimized by Dany and claim Storm's End and Stormlands? He's the last of the Baratheons.

@Meera of Tarth

That was the best or well any scene with her as amazing thing from Lady Lyanna. It was so poetic that girl named after Jon's mother pushed him to be KITN. Like her spirit is with him and watching over him. The transition from TOJ and Lyanna Stark to the Great Hall of Winterfell and Lyanna Mormont was spot on.

Wherever Sandor goes, it's a place where he gets new clothes. And he'll go there with all the BwB.

I'm really looking forward to Jorah's reunion with Dany again. The last time they saw each other, it was very emotional. I was rewatching the scene the other day.

Gendry.....I think it's fair to assume that he back as something that has to do with the Baratheon lineage cinsidering there are not more Baratheons left, but I'm not sure if that will be played out next season.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well in the OP my idea was to talk about spoilers if we hide it (especially the ones that are very likely to be legit from the first leaker) just in case someone who doesn't want to read them doesn't get spoiled; but we can talk and specualte about them in season 7 and beyond given the books, show story and also leaks. If people don't cover them then the OP should be changed.

There are minor spoilers from interviews and watchersonthewall, L7R that maybe don't need to be hidden. Like the promotional pics.

Okay, thanks for clarification.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Wherever Sandor goes, it's a place where he gets new clothes. And he'll go there with all the BwB.

I'm really looking forward to Jorah's reunion with Dany again. The last time they saw each other, it was very emotional. I was rewatching the scene the other day.

I was watching someone of their scenes. One of my favourite relationship in the show as opposed to he books, where it is a bit more creepy and Jorah himself is creep. Where as on the show sweet, gentle and with a good intentions. This makes me hopeful that something like this might be done with Dany and Jon - so people can accept it.

Gendry.....I think it's fair to assume that he back as something that has to do with the Baratheon lineage cinsidering there are not more Baratheons left, but I'm not sure if that will be played out next season.

Spoiler

Not to mention that Gendry has a warhammer with Baratheon sigil on it. Embracing his heritage even as a bastard. Itwould make plenty of sense for Dany to legitimizing him and to have a key ally in the Stormlands.

41 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Okay, thanks for clarification.

I was watching someone of their scenes. One of my favourite relationship in the show as opposed to he books, where it is a bit more creepy and Jorah himself is creep. Where as on the show sweet, gentle and with a good intentions. This makes me hopeful that something like this might be done with Dany and Jon - so people can accept it.

Hide contents

Not to mention that Gendry has a warhammer with Baratheon sigil on it. Embracing his heritage even as a bastard. Itwould make plenty of sense for Dany to legitimizing him and to have a key ally in the Stormlands.

I also prefer Jorah in the show....quite a lot more! Well, in fact I'm super fan of show Jorah and Iain Glen as well.

Spoiler

I wonder what will be his reaction to the world of nobility if he is legitimised, and/or when he starts "befriending" Jon and Jorah, etc

2 hours ago, Cron said:

My favorite "not so main" characters:

Lyanna Mormont (super smart, full of potential)

Brienne (A true, classic "questing knight," one of the most honorable and "good" characters in the entire show/books.  Some people complain about her "questing chapters," but I enjoyed it all.   She deserves a "happily ever after ending" more than just about anyone, I think)

Bronn (great comic relief, and I love how he bridges the gap between the Lannister brothers, managing to be great friends with both, even though Jaime and Tyrion are SO different)

Pod Payne (great "straight man" for lots of comic relief by other characters, including Brienne, Bronn and Tyrion)

Gendry (a really good, earnest, guy, who can restore the Baratheon name, and marry Arya Stark, thus closing the circle of the long, great friendship between Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon.  Gendry and Arya being together at the end brings a lot of closure to major sub-plots)

Tyene (smoking hot, spicy, BOLD, energetic, just plain fun to have around!!  I want her to survive, and hook up with Bronn on a permanent basis)

I might think of some others, too...

Oh yes Podrick!!!!!!!!!!! I love him!!!! And Brienne has taught him how to fight!

I share your thoughts about Gendry and Arya. Looks too beautiful for these books/show, though. (??)

26 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I also prefer Jorah in the show....quite a lot more! Well, in fact I'm super fan of show Jorah and Iain Glen as well.

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder what will be his reaction to the world of nobility if he is legitimised, and/or when he starts "befriending" Jon and Jorah, etc

Spoiler

I read that Jon and Gendry are pretty much immediately friends bacause their fathers were friend and Gendry is happy to find someone who has some sort of connection to his family. I hope Arya is mentioned at some point. We have two guys Sandor and Gendry with a pretty important connection to her.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Agreed. Robert had in mind Joffrey and Sansa marriage, it will be Gendry and Arya, as the unlikely pair at that time. She-wolf and a Bastard.

28 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Reveal hidden contents

I read that Jon and Gendry are pretty much immediately friends bacause their fathers were friend and Gendry is happy to find someone who has some sort of connection to his family. I hope Arya is mentioned at some point. We have two guys Sandor and Gendry with a pretty important connection to her.

Agreed. Robert had in mind Joffrey and Sansa marriage, it will be Gendry and Arya, as the unlikely pair at that time. She-wolf and a Bastard.

Spoiler

Yes, I really want them to talk about Arya.

Archived