SWOT Analysis: Team Stannis

Hello everyone.  I thought this might be a fun exercise for those with time on their hands.  We could do a SWOT analysis of each team.  Today we will do an analysis of Team Stannis.  I will check back next week and if the forum enjoys we can continue with Team Robb.  The other teams will follow.

S - Strengths 

W - Weaknesses

O - Opportunities

T - Threats

S Are the advantages the team has over other teams.  What this team does better than any other team.  What resources the team has.

W Are the weaknesses this team has compared to other teams.  What can the team improve.  What resources do they lack.

O How the team can turn their strengths to achieve their objective.  What the team can do to better the competition.

T What could prevent the team from reaching its objectives.  What could harm the team.  What the competing teams can do that can hurt the team.

The links below gives more info on this business tool.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_05.htm

I so hope you will enjoy this exercise.  You can make it simple or as complicated as you like.  Please use the format below.

Team Name:  Stannis

Team:  Stannis, Davos, Mellisandre, Selys, Shireen, Tycho Nestoris. (List any other person that I could have forgotten to include).

Team Objective:  

Time:  Analyze the team during the time period before Stannis leaves the wall.  This is the time right after Stannis crushed the wildlings.  

S:

W:

O:

T:

38 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Team:  Stannis, Davos, Mellisandre, Selys, Shireen, Tycho Nestoris. (List any other person that I could have forgotten to include).

Team Objective:  

Time:  Analyze the team during the time period before Stannis leaves the wall.  This is the time right after Stannis crushed the wildlings.  

S:

W:

O:

T:

Team Objective:  Win the iron throne.

S:  Experienced battle general.  Loyal right hand man in Davos.  Funded by the bank.

W: Not enough men. 

O:  Hire sellswords.  Shadow baby.

T:  Frostbite.  Roose Bolton.  Wildlings.  White Walkers.  Lannisters.  Freys. 

9 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Hello everyone.  I thought this might be a fun exercise for those with time on their hands.  We could do a SWOT analysis of each team.  Today we will do an analysis of Team Stannis.  I will check back next week and if the forum enjoys we can continue with Team Robb.  The other teams will follow.

S - Strengths 

W - Weaknesses

O - Opportunities

T - Threats

S Are the advantages the team has over other teams.  What this team does better than any other team.  What resources the team has.

W Are the weaknesses this team has compared to other teams.  What can the team improve.  What resources do they lack.

O How the team can turn their strengths to achieve their objective.  What the team can do to better the competition.

T What could prevent the team from reaching its objectives.  What could harm the team.  What the competing teams can do that can hurt the team.

I so hope you will enjoy this exercise.  You can make it simple or as complicated as you like.  Please use the format below.

Team Objective:  

S:

W:

O:

T:

S

Good team work.  Mel can see the future.  Mel has magic.  

W

Lack of food and supplies.  Cold winter climate.

O

Potential alliance with Asha Greyjoy.  Use Theon to bargain with the iron born.  Use Craster's son for blood magic.

T

Bolton army.  Frey army.  The cold.  Mance Rayder.

S:  Experienced comander, Melisandre, backed by the iron bank

W: too few men, the location at the wall

O:  to win the northmen to his side

T:  the Boltons and Freys, the winter

12 minutes ago, aventador577 said:

S:  Experienced comander, Melisandre, backed by the iron bank

W: too few men, the location at the wall

O:  to win the northmen to his side

T:  the Boltons and Freys, the winter

He could burn Craster's boy and Shireen to create blood magic that will bring down the walls of Winterfell.  

Stannis Baratheon the King at the Wall

Team - Stannis Baratheon, Melissandre, Davos Seaworth, Tycho Nestoris, Axell Florent, Justin Massey, Richard Horpe

Team Objective - Become King at the Iron Throne and reuinte Westeros. 

Time - Analyze the team during the time period before Stannis leaves the wall.  This is the time right after Stannis crushed the wildlings.  

Strenghts - Best commander in Westeros, loyal and battle hardend troops, support of the Iron Bank, Melissandre, Davos Seaworth, 

Weaknesses - Small army, ill supplied, starvation, winter attrition, few supporters, foreign religion, no castles in the north.

Opportunities - Many Northern houses hate the Boltons and are willing to join Stannis and place a Stark as Warden of the North in Winterfell, Jon Snow and the Wildlings could be swayed to join him, Alliance with Asha Greyjoy is very possible, Shadow baby could possibly be used to assasinate key threats, opportunity to hire as many sellswords and sellsails as needed, Skagosi could be recruited if Rickon is found.

Threats - Roose Bolton has a much larger army and many castles.

Team Objective:  To take Winterfell from Roose.

S:  Battle-hardened troops.  Mel's magic.  

W:  Took heavy loses @ Blackwater.  Fresh getting his ass beat by the Lannisters.  Low troop morale.  

O:  He has surprise on his side.  He can take the initiative and attack.  Make an alliance with Manderly.

T:  He is not liked very much in the south.  The Boltons have more men and surrounded by strong walls.  Wildling revolt.

Team:  Stannis, Davos, Mellisandre, Selys, Shireen, Tycho Nestoris, Jon Snow?, Justin Massey, Axell Florent, Wyman Manderly?, Mance Rayder?, Sallhador Saan?

Team Objective:  To unite the realm against the impending doom that is The Others before taking the Iron Throne.

S:  Greatest military commander in Westeros.  Melisandre's magic.  Loyal HOTK.  NW resources and with a somewhat accommodating Lord Commander.  Funding from Iron Bank.  Ships (until Sallador and others turn cloak).

W:  Too few fighting men.  Low morale.  Not liked much by common folk.  Nightfort is in ruins.  Limited supplies.  Foreign religion is distrusted by common folk.  Involved in northern/wildling politics that aren't well understood.  No claim or reason for locals to support cause.

O:  Can gain sympathy by finding and protecting any surviving Starks.  Can gain men by reclaiming castles from Iron Born who are weak foes on land.  Avenging the Red Wedding.  Lannisters/Tyrells in debt and dealing with own issues - not interested in the North.

T:  Winter.  Winterfell can withstand a long seige with very few men.  The Others could come at any time and attack from the rear.  Ramsay Bolton only needs 20 good men to defeat an entire army.

Team Name: Team Stannis

Team: Stannis, Davos, Melisandre, Selyse, Shireen, Tycho Nestoris

Objective: To defeat the Bolton's and reinstall the Stark's into Winterfell, rally the North to defend against the Others.

Time: Analyze the team during the time period before Stannis leaves the wall. This is the time right after Stannis crushed the wildlings.

S: One of (if not the) best commander still living, loyal and battle hardened troops, good diplomat and loyal adviser in Davos, Melisandre can see the future (somewhat), support of the Iron Bank

W: Significant part of the army worship a disliked foreign religion, far smaller army than opponents, no settlements held in the North, uncharismatic, low supplies

O: Wildlings might be willing to fight if offered the chance to settle south of the wall in return, Bolton army divided between those loyal to him and those not, might be able to bring Jon Snow to our cause, can win Northmen to the cause by liberating castle's from the Ironborn, can hire as many sellsails and sellswords as needed

T: Winter, the impending arrival of the Others, starvation

Team:  Stannis, Davos, Melisandre, Selys, Shireen, Tycho Nestoris, Suggs, Horpe, Massey, Jon Snow (sort of)

Team Objective:  Unite the realm under Stannis leadership against the others

S: Greatest commander in Westeros, good reputation, loyal veteran troops, unlimited finances (as soon as Tycho arrives). 

W: Numbers and supplies (until Tycho helps him out). 

O: The current regime is very unpopular, so he could gain a lot of allies.

T: Winter. 

Team Objective:  Win the battle of ice.

S:  He has a Shadowbinder.  She can read the flames and make shadow killers.  He has battle experience.  His right hand guy is loyal to him.

W:  He has little in the way of food and provisions.  He's fighting in unfamiliar terrain.  His adviser is a religious fanatic.

O:  There is enough men he can use.  The northern savages will support him against Roose Bolton.  He can use Val as a hostage to force the wildlings to fight for him.

T:  Roose Bolton, Hosteen Frey, Mance Rayder, Ramsay Bolton, and White walkers.

T. He believes the hype, look at Rhaegar and what happend to him when he started to chase/believe in porphercey.

Iron Bank - Tycho Nestoris won't stop at funding Stannis, I expect him to free the Greyjoys and back them for a rival claim, the iron bank will have its due and if a king defaults he soon finds usurpers popping up all over the place.

Aegon Dany Euron LF plenty of pretenders with stronger fresher armies that can take the throne before him.

Patchface some foreshadowing that he might kiss Shireen on he greyscale cheek and start an epidemic.

Team Name:  Team Stannis

Members:  Stannis, melisandre, Davos, Selyse, Justin Massey  (Tycho Nestoris has not yet arrived)

Objective:  Gain the Iron Throne

Time:  After arrival at the Wall, and before leaving it.  Essentially the end of ASOS/beginning of ADWD

S;  Has strongest claim to legitimacy as King on the IT.  Stannis is superb military commander.  Melisandre has ability to glimpse future.  has the (grudging) support of the LC of the Night's Watch.  Has just won battle against the Wildlings

W:  Widely disliked, has no political support.  Rigid and unable to compromise or make alliances with potential rivals. Limited military strength.  No bases outside the North.  Geographically isolated.  Flat broke.  Just lost major battle at Blackwater. Religion is widely disliked. Numerous other claimants with more support.

O:  His intent to defeat the Others to show his bona fides would be effective if it works.  A win against the Ironborn or the Boltons could bring him support in the North.  Cersei's refusal to pay back loans means the possibility of funding from angry creditors (i.e. the iron Bank).

W;  Another military defeat would likely finish him.  Winter is coming.  Dany and Aegon are likely to make moves.  North is unlikely to support him without a good reason.  Without more men, unlikely to succeed.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:29 PM, Damsel in Distress said:

S - Strengths 

W - Weaknesses

O - Opportunities

T - Threats

Team Objective:  

S:

W:

O:

T:

Team Objective:  

S:  He has knights and horses.  Seen by some as the king.  Served by a red priestess who has some magic tricks.   

W:  Winter is coming and he has little in the way of supplies and food.  Non-cooperative ally in the NW.  Unfamiliar with the north.

O:  He sent his advisor to win over allies to his cause.  

T:  Unfamiliar with the battle grounds.  He's not from the north.  Bad weather conditions.  Long march to Winterfell.  Roose knows the north better.  Roose hides behind tall stone walls.  

Archived