Bumping for TWOW V5

Lady Blizzardborn

That stinks. I hope that toe mends quickly.

He's read the books. He's not really interested in watching the show. I tell him about it though sometimes. It leads to fun discussions about changes that are good, changes that are bad, and what else has to change as a result.

The doctor said that everything should be fine in 4 weeks. 

Your son has a good taste :)

Despite the show and the books being so popular barely any of my friends and familar has watched or read it. My parents used to watch the show and since they knew that I had read the books they often asked my questions about it, especially when they didn't understand some stuff. They really disliked Season 5 though and stopped watching afterwards. My mother wants to read the books at some point, but she's too busy right now. My aunt is reading the books right now and she has decided not to watch the show. We were having some really interesting conversations about the books, but she's a terribly slow reader. 

I actually started reading the books because my mom was watching the show and asking me questions about it...which I couldn't answer. 

My dad has read the books and sometimes we talk about them a little but he's not as interested/obsessed as I am. My sister is reading the books. She's not a slow reader but she got bogged down in the middle and distracted and hasn't gotten back to the series yet. I keep reminding her that we have theories to discuss if she'll only finish. I think she's seen all but the most recent season or two of the show (starting over though so her husband can watch while he recovers from surgery), and I know my parents watch the show as soon as it's available on DVD or streaming.

Nice to have so many people who know the story. When I started watching the show and reading the books back in 2012 no one I knew knew them. They weren't as famous as they are now. People who read a lot of fantasy might have heard about them (or not), but not that many people knew them. I basically came to this board, because I wanted to talk to someone about the books :) 

I'm sure Viseron's egg will still look nice. 

Well I'm not 100% pleased with it, but Viserion's egg is done now. I tried a nail art technique I hadn't used before. It looks really nice, just not quite what I'd envisioned.

Oh and I have some exciting news. I may have indoctrinated...er...ahem...I mean, recruited another fan. I was telling our local librarian a little about the series and she decided to give the first book a try. She's never seen the show so it won't influence her reaction at all. Can't wait to find out if she likes it.

On 19.8.2017 at 0:48 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Well I'm not 100% pleased with it, but Viserion's egg is done now. I tried a nail art technique I hadn't used before. It looks really nice, just not quite what I'd envisioned.

Oh and I have some exciting news. I may have indoctrinated...er...ahem...I mean, recruited another fan. I was telling our local librarian a little about the series and she decided to give the first book a try. She's never seen the show so it won't influence her reaction at all. Can't wait to find out if she likes it.

Ah that's good. It's always great to get more people to read the books. And it definetely helps that she hasn't watched the show. 

On 20.8.2017 at 5:56 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The next egg will be a custom one for my oldest son. This one will have scales.

Nice :thumbsup:

I bought myself a ticket for WorldCon 2019 in Dublin. It will be my first WorldCon and my first time in Ireland. I'm already getting excited now :) 

6 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

I bought myself a ticket for WorldCon 2019 in Dublin. It will be my first WorldCon and my first time in Ireland. I'm already getting excited now :) 

How lovely! I've never been to a Con or to Ireland. Would love to go to both/either.

I have never been to a Con either. There is acutally a big Fantasy convention in a town about 1 hour away from my home. It started out as a Lord of the Rings Convention, but now encompasses other Fantasy universes as well and  is probably the biggest Fantasy Convention in Germany. I wanted to go there for years, but they always put it on the wrong dates. I'm going to Comic Con Amsterdam in two weeks though. It's a small Comic Con, because it only started last year, but that's probably good for a Con newbie like me :) 

Archived