Lady Walda and F-Arya

X-Buster

7 hours ago, Makk said:

It is? Do you have a quote? I never got that impression at all. 

Barbery Dustin on the other hand...

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hmmm. I, too, am curious about this one. I know Barbrey Dustin knows about fArya, I didn't remember Fat Walda does. 

Nope, I had a brain fart and meant to say Lady Dustin, not Walda 

Fat Walda is a political player and competitive.  She comes across that way to me.  But it is important to note that we have nothing to implicate her as a cruel person.  She is your average noble born lady.  I can see where she might feel sorry for Jeyne-Arya but she would not cross Ramsay to offer comfort.  Remember that she is herself a stranger in the north and adjusting to her new lifestyle.  It's like taking someone from an affluent major city to a small town in the middle of nowhere.  Walda had problems of her own.  Roose didn't step in to correct his son and Walda is not like to interfere.  

If Lady Walda does know about fArya, well, I agree with other posters here that I don't think she will openly speak about it. Maybe in the future of she feels safer somehow, or something happens to Ramsay??? I dunno. We may never really be told this bit of info.

Now, Lady Dustin does know about fArya, along with other house leaders currently at Winterfell, so IF Lady Walda does know, maybe this is how she finds out (if she has not been told or overheard something from Roose already). We know the help likes to talk, and not all gossip if false:

• A Dance with Dragons - The Turncloak

Lady Arya was not there to share the merriment. She had not been seen outside her chambers since her wedding night. Sour Alyn had been saying that Ramsay kept his bride naked and chained to a bedpost, but Theon knew that was only talk. There were no chains, at least none that men could see. Just a pair of guards outside the bedchamber, to keep the girl from wandering. And she is only naked when she bathes.
That she did most every night, though. Lord Ramsay wanted his wife clean. "She has no handmaids, poor thing," he had said to Theon. "That leaves you, Reek. Should I put you in a dress?" He laughed. "Perhaps if you beg it of me. Just now, it will suffice for you to be her bath maid. I won't have her smelling like you." So whenever Ramsay had an itch to bed his wife, it fell to Theon to borrow some servingwomen from Lady Walda or Lady Dustin and fetch hot water from the kitchens. Though Arya never spoke to any of them, they could not fail to see her bruises. It is her own fault. She has not pleased him. "Just be Arya," he told the girl once, as he helped her into the water. "Lord Ramsay does not want to hurt you. He only hurts us when we … when we forget. He never cut me without cause."

Ramsay is not Mr. Popular with the ladies but he is now the legitimized son of Roose Bolton and the future Warden of the North.  Knowing his propensity for cruelty, can you blame Ladies Walda and Dustin if they don't interfere.  They're decent women but they're not going to risk making enemies with Ramsay. 

Roose would keep Jeyne away from women who could ferret out their secret.  If Ned kept secrets from Cat why not Roose from Walda.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 7:08 PM, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Ramsay is not Mr. Popular with the ladies but he is now the legitimized son of Roose Bolton and the future Warden of the North.  Knowing his propensity for cruelty, can you blame Ladies Walda and Dustin if they don't interfere.  They're decent women but they're not going to risk making enemies with Ramsay. 

Roose would keep Jeyne away from women who could ferret out their secret.  If Ned kept secrets from Cat why not Roose from Walda.

Lady Dustin has already quite blatantly made an enemy of Ramsay by refusing he and his posse from dining in her castle.

12 hours ago, Sourjapes said:

Lady Dustin has already quite blatantly made an enemy of Ramsay by refusing he and his posse from dining in her castle.

That was gutsy to show explicit dislike for the heir to the North.  I like Lady Dustin.  So far.  

On 15/06/2017 at 1:35 AM, Makk said:

Barbery Dustin on the other hand...

Not an evidence. But Theon agrees with you:

What do you think passes through their heads when they hear the new bride weeping? Valiant Ned’s precious little girl.
No, he thought. She is not of Lord Eddard’s blood, her name is Jeyne, she is only a steward’s daughter. He did not doubt that Lady Dustin suspected, but even so...

3 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

What do you think passes through their heads when they hear the new bride weeping? Valiant Ned’s precious little girl.
No, he thought. She is not of Lord Eddard’s blood, her name is Jeyne, she is only a steward’s daughter. He did not doubt that Lady Dustin suspected, but even so...

This is one possible reason why Roose keeps her sweet.  Whatever that means.  She gets or will get rewarded.

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Her quote right before that is even more telling in my opinion:

“Dressing her in grey and white serves no good if the girl is left to sob. The Freys may not care, but the northmen … they fear the Dreadfort, but they love the Starks.”

No need to emphasize they are dressing her in Stark coloring if it's actually Arya vs fArya.  It means nought to the Freys as long as they have Bolton as an ally.

I don't understand why Roose doesn't take a more steady hand with Ramsay. You'd think he would at least tell him to gag her when he beats her. Surely he can find just any peasant girl to attend to her and have their tongues cut out so they can't tell any tails about the bruises. It'd be wise to just pass off the lie that 'Arya' is sick or something to explain why she's not seeing after the wedding.

Archived