Tywin et al.

U.S. Politics: A Democracy In Decay

406 posts in this topic

I keep seeing people talking about how GA-06 shows that running as anti-Trump isn't a winning strategy, but Ossoff specifically didn't make Trump a major part of his campaign. It might or might not be true, but GA-06 doesn't prove that at all. To the extent that it proves the answer to that question at all (it doesn't), it proves the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Inigima said:

I keep seeing people talking about how GA-06 shows that running as anti-Trump isn't a winning strategy, but Ossoff specifically didn't make Trump a major part of his campaign. It might or might not be true, but GA-06 doesn't prove that at all. To the extent that it proves the answer to that question at all (it doesn't), it proves the opposite.

I don't like Monday morning quarterbacking special elections - or any specific House election - because I find it ridiculous to pose as an expert on basically any specific district, but I totally agree with this.  Seems pretty damn intuitive that the difference between Price winning by 23 and Trump winning by 1.5 eight months ago screamed "this district doesn't like Trump as much as it should."  In that case I'm not sure why Ossoff shied away from attacking Trump.  You can totally present yourself as a moderate and pose your candidacy as a referendum on Trump concurrently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillary needs to stay out of the public eye and Nancy Pelosi needs to step down/away.

So if I understand correctly, it's the old white ladies that are holding the Democratic Party back and not all the old white men....

:rolleyes:

Someone better get talking to Elizabeth Warren I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Hillary needs to stay out of the public eye and Nancy Pelosi needs to step down/away.

So if I understand correctly, it's the old white ladies that are holding the Democratic Party back and not all the old white men....

:rolleyes:

Someone better get talking to Elizabeth Warren I reckon.

Yup. 

I'm so over these discussions talking about the women who need to step down but never the men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yup. 

I'm so over these discussions talking about the women who need to step down but never the men.

Hey now, I mentioned Hoyer with Pelosi.  He may be a Mary(land) man, but he's still a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inigima said:

I keep seeing people talking about how GA-06 shows that running as anti-Trump isn't a winning strategy, but Ossoff specifically didn't make Trump a major part of his campaign. It might or might not be true, but GA-06 doesn't prove that at all. To the extent that it proves the answer to that question at all (it doesn't), it proves the opposite.

That's fair. That said, I think a lot of people thought that simply being a Democrat in an era of Trump would possibly carry them through, and Handel's strategy was to basically paint Ossoff as an anti-Republican - which worked, as the voters still identify as Republican if not being particularly supportive of Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.