The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

Werthead

• 2 months later...

Claire North’s 84K Optioned For Major International TV Series

Rights for the award-winning Claire North’s new novel, 84K, have been optioned by Tall Story Pictures, an ITV Studios production company who plan to develop it as a major international television drama series.

Described by writer and activist Cory Doctorow as ‘an extraordinary novel that stands with the best of dystopian fiction, from 1984 to The Chrysalids, with dashes of The Handmaid’s Tale’, 84K [UK/US/ANZ] is a speculative fiction tale in which people’s lives are assigned a monetary value, based on how ‘useful’ they are deemed to society.

Rights in Harry August are already under option with Blueprint pictures, the production team behind the film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri – winner of four Golden Globes and nominee in seven Oscar categories this year.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for this thread.  I just bought the book for $1.99 on Kindle (thanks RedEyedGhost!).  I will read it today and am looking forward to it.

ETA: Good book!  I loved the ending.  There's an awful lot of "meaning of life" stuff in here.  That surprised me in a good way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Read this. Loved it.

I never did closely examine the nature of ouroborans (spelling?) but what everyone wrote makes sense. Hmm, my own take on it is the same as some:

Each ouroboran must be some kind of special existence. Perhaps there is someone behind the scenes pulling all the strings that we never see?

I like the idea that whenever one of the ouroborans live, they make minor changes to the timeline, therefore cuasing a domino effect that results in a new ouroboran pop into existence.

• 3 weeks later...

Shawn Inmon's Middle Falls series has a very similar feel as Harry August, only North is a more skilled writer. But if you can get past that and like Harry August, you'll like this series. Also each book is available for free with Kindle Unlimited.

Archived