Give them a job!

Annalee

The following applicants filled out the form to serve on your Small Council.  You are the monarch.  Select a position for each based on where they could do the most good.  You do not have to hire all of them.

1. Brienne of Tarth
  2. Jorah Mormont
  3. Lothar Frey
  4. Bowen Marsh
  5. Benjen Stark
  6. Samwell Tarly
  7. Barbrey Dustin
  8. Skahaz Mo Kandaq
  9. Missandei
  10. Victarion Greyjoy
  11. Lancel Lannister
  12. Darkstar Dayne
  13. Bronn of the Blackwater
  14. Meera Reed
  15. Ellaria Sand
  16. Geris Drinkwater
  17. Rohane Webber
  18. Dontos Hollard
  19. Roslyn Frey
  20. Thoros of Myr

I'd hire Benjen Stark to be Hand of the King.

I would recommend the citadel appoint Sam as the Grand Maester.

Vic would, obviously, be the Master of Ships while Bronn can serve as Master of Law and Lancel can put that Lannister gold to good use and be Master of Coin.

Lothar Frey; though I would never trust nor like him; would absolutely become the Master of Whispers.

Jorah I'd name Lord Commander of the City Watch and give him an advisory seat on the council.

Brienne would be Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and both Drink and Darkstar would serve under her.

Thoros I'd just keep around as a drinking buddy.

I'm assuming these aren't ONLY for Small Council positions.

Brienne would make a worthy Kingsguard.

Jorah and Missandei would be good advisors, based on their knowledge of foreign affairs, customs, and languages.

I agree that Lothar would make a good Master of Whispers, and Victarion a good Master of Ships.

Samwell could be an archivist/researcher in the Red Keep. If Benjen is qualified, he could be a Master at Arms.

If Thoros is still breathing life into the dead, I'd keep him around as a "medic."

Meera Reed would be worth keeping around, maybe as an ambassador of some sort.

Many of the names on the list aren't stand-outs in any particular way, or have been written as untrustworthy. Bowen is a lick spittle, Lancel is crippled by guilt over Cersei, Darkstar can't be trusted, Bronn can be bought, Rohanne Webber was a black widow.

22 hours ago, Annalee said:

The following applicants filled out the form to serve on your Small Council.  You are the monarch.  Select a position for each based on where they could do the most good.  You do not have to hire all of them.

1. Brienne of Tarth
  2. Jorah Mormont
  3. Lothar Frey
  4. Bowen Marsh
  5. Benjen Stark
  6. Samwell Tarly
  7. Barbrey Dustin
  8. Skahaz Mo Kandaq
  9. Missandei
  10. Victarion Greyjoy
  11. Lancel Lannister
  12. Darkstar Dayne
  13. Bronn of the Blackwater
  14. Meera Reed
  15. Ellaria Sand
  16. Geris Drinkwater
  17. Rohane Webber
  18. Dontos Hollard
  19. Roslyn Frey
  20. Thoros of Myr

What a bizarre list of applicants!! But alright.

Samwell becomes my Grand Maester.

Barbrey Dustin will be my Master of Laws. 

Brienne is my Lord Commander.

Victarion Greyjoy is my Master of Ships

Bronn of the Blackwater is my Master of Whisperers.

Bowen Marsh is my Master of Coin.

As for my Hand of the King, I choose Benjen Stark.

Brienne of Tarth - The Mother's Sword - Head of a new ecclesiastically endorsed military order with the initial charter to punish rape and the abuse of prostitutes at military camps.

Jorah Mormont - The Blade Factor - A new post on the wharves of King's Landing, working with the Cotton Factor and the Wine Factor, to negotiate the purchase of sellswords by the Iron Throne on the occasion it needs them, or the offering of feudal levies for money to foreign governments.

Lothar Frey - The King's Cloak - A new post under the King's Justice specifically dedicated to punishing those who violate marriage contracts.

Bowen Marsh - The White Crow - His job is to audit granaries in King's Landing and to travel elsewhere as necessary in order to help prepare the realm for winter. He wears a white cloak instead of a black one and reports to the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, but is not himself Kingsguard, classifying winter protection under security, not commerce.

Benjen Stark - The Treespeaker - An ecumenical political position meant as a counterpoint to the High Septon, invited to meetings concerning the Faith of the Realm, such that those of First Men ancestry who still hold to the worship of the Old Gods are respected appropriately by acts of the crown. The Treespeaker also has a philanthropic mandate from the crown to fund the renovation of the godswoods of historical castles and goes to a lot of tree-planting ceremonies.

Samwell Tarly - Royal Tournament Medic.

Barbrey Dustin - Patron of The Shaded Sisters - Ceremonial office of a similar nature to the Treespeaker and the High Septon, but liaising with the silent sisters, to a project to make sure the bones of those who worship the Old Gods are treated properly.

Skahaz Mo Kandaq - Royal Googler.

Missandei - Royal Interpreter.

Victarion Greyjoy - Master of Ships

Lancel Lannister - Chief Gaoler

Darkstar Dayne - Create a fifth Warden position - the Warden of the Arm - which isn't covered by the other Wardens

Aaaand, I ran out of gas figuring out what position to give Bronn that he can collect an income from and not do much - maybe a job projecting towns that have been sacked from outlaws while they rebuild? The King's Trowel?

Hand: Barbrey Dustin

Master of Laws: Jorah Mormont

Master of Ships: Victarion Greyjoy

Master of Coin: None of that

Master of Wisperers: Lothar Frey

Lady Commander of the Kingsguard: Brienne of Tarth

Grand Maester Samwell

Commander of the City Watch: Skahaz mo Kandak

King's Justice: Darkstar

Master at Arms: Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

King's Counter and Keeper of the Royal Treasure: Bowen Marsh

Herald: Missandei

High Septon: The Holy Lion

Ambassador sent to the Free Cities: Thoros of Myr

Ambassador sent to the "court" of the King-Beyond-The-Wall: Benjen Stark

Fool: Dontos

That is a great list! I would also like to have:

Delegate of the Commons (position on the Small Council): either Beric Dondarrion or the Widow of the Waterfront

Torture master: Qyburn

Gaolers: Mord, Garth of White Harbor

Supervisor of the Kitchens: Wyman Manderly

Events organizer: Gerion Lannister

Entertainers: Penny, Tom of Sevenstreams, Pypar, Sweets, the Goat boy, Casso the King of Seals

Court playwright: Phario Forel

Alchemist (trying to do useful things like create gold): Hallyne

Keeper of the Castle Libraries: Rodrik Harlaw

Master of the Falconry: Willas Tyrell

Gate Keeper of the Red Keep: Areo Hotah 

Keeper of my collection of animals: Varamyr Sixskins

Seer: Moqorro

Official blacksmith of the court: Tobho Mott

My pesonal squire: Podrick Payne 

As King, I would create my own army to don't have so much need of my bannermen, so

Commander of the Archers: Black Balaq, Anguy as his second

Commander of the Infantry: Grey Worm

Commander of the Cavalry: Domeric Bolton

People in the Court doing nothing: Hizdar zo Loraq, the Stokeworth family, Gyles Rosby, Euron Greyjoy, Ben Plumm, Yezzan zo Qaggaz, Litllefinger, Arianne Martell, Styr of Then, Olenna Tyrell, Roose Bolton, Ashara Dayne, all the Sand Snakes, etc.

Hand of the King - Maybe Darkstar Dayne, I guess, out of this lot. 

Master of ships - Victarion (would make him HotK if I could trust him and had another sailor for this gig.)

Master of coin - Lancel, I guess? Lannisters know money, right?

Master of laws - Jorah, I guess. I've never even really understood what this post does in practical sense...

Grand Maester - Samwell

Interpreter -  Missandei- and look good standing by

KG Lord Commander - Brienne (unless she rly wanted to have kids, got to keep those Dunk genes going.)

Mayor/Governor of King's Landing  - Bowen Marsh (always thought this was a position of need, someone has to turn that shit pile into a capitol city. Obviously meant for Tyrion though). Would include things like zoning, building codes and sanitation. I've never understood why KL is allowed to be a third-rate city. 

Royal Wine seeker - Dontos (bring me the best from around the globe)

- I'd have Victarion appoint a fleet of exploration. The idea that my maps just end would be maddening. Get about a dozen good Ironborn ships to go map out stuff like Sothryros (or take people who make the maps).

On 2017-06-18 at 7:09 AM, Annalee said:

1. Brienne of Tarth
  2. Jorah Mormont
  3. Lothar Frey
  4. Bowen Marsh
  5. Benjen Stark
  6. Samwell Tarly
  7. Barbrey Dustin
  8. Skahaz Mo Kandaq
  9. Missandei
  10. Victarion Greyjoy
  11. Lancel Lannister
  12. Darkstar Dayne