best pairings

Graydon Hicks

now, this is purely hypothetical, but, in a scenario where rhaegar survived with his children, his siblings returned to kings landing, and robert was forced to marry cersie, leading to her sleeping with her brother and bearing the three golden bastards, and the other younger generation folks are around, what paring would be ideal? and i dont mean for shippins sake, but for politics, alliances that kind of thing.

is see viserys to arianne

robb to daenerys,

jon to margery

aegon to sansa,

rhaenys to edmure tully or willas tyrell.

i havent thought on the golden bastards but have at it.

remember that edmure is very young for his generation, i think about an age with viserys.

but thats just me.

There is no way that both Robert and Rhaegar would had been alive at the end. Also there is no way of Rhaegar marrying his children with Elia with outsiders. He wanted to creat Aegon and his sisters, so he would had married Aegon to his sister while trying to have another daughter, maybe with another woman who he would had decide to elope with.

Marrying Jon (or whatever his name would be in this situation) to Arianne could have the potential to heal the rift that Rhaegar made by eloping with Lyannna (assuming that they did elope). 

I think Ned would probably decide to marry his children to Northerners, which was the custom before Southron Ambitions. I do think, however, that a betrothal between the North and the Iron Islands would have been a wise decision. I mentioned in another thread how the two regions probably have more in common with each other than they do with any of the others (even Dorne), and if Quellon were still alive in this situation, I take it that he wouldd be eager to form an alliance.

Archived