NBA Draft 2017: Sixers, Celtics and Will LaVar Ball Lose His Shit on National Television Edition

Manhole Eunuchsbane

11 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Nah, Paul George is going to the Wizards. Saw a headline on ESPN that John Wall is trying to convince Paul George to be traded to the Wizards so I assume he'll just make that happen. Ian Mahimni and a soda machine. Otto Porter, Brandon Jennings and a signed, game-worn Gilbert Arenas jersey. Better act now, Kevin Pritchard, or the offers will only get worse! 

Liar! Everyone knows we're trading Rubio for George and signing CP3. The only way to stop the Dubs is to let us run out a lineup of Paul/Wiggins/Butler/George/KAT.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Liar! Everyone knows we're trading Rubio for George and signing CP3. The only way to stop the Dubs is to let us run out a lineup of Paul/Wiggins/Butler/George/KAT.

Now that's a Warrior's buster lineup, right there. 

/But don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed.

7 hours ago, sperry said:

Yeah that lineup doesn't make sense. Melo and Love are both 4s (and Love is like 10x better than Melo). But if you traded Love for a wing and added Melo for cheap, you could play LeBron/Kyrie/Wing/Melo/Thompson no problem.

Melo can play the three too, and you can easily shift LeBron over to the two if needed.  Or you could even play Love at C sometimes with Melo at PF.  And while that line-up may be somewhat of a liability defensively, they'd be insanely hard to outscore.  

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd be completely on board with this. 

What's great is it's possible too because if there is one thing you know NBA FAs are universally intrigued by, it's the thought of playing 41 home games in Minnesota during winter. 

27 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

What's great is it's possible too because if there is one thing you know NBA FAs are universally intrigued by, it's the thought of playing 41 home games in Minnesota during winter. 

Let's not forget the proximity to Lake Minnetonka, where one might consider purifying oneself in its' cleansing waters.

I think everyone is missing the point about Melo with the Cavs, besides @sperry & @Relic.  Yea, Melo has been a franchise player and a decent one at that, all told. But, what we're saying is that the times he has really shined and looked unselfish and played decent defense was during the Olympics and All-Star games. If Melo is the 3rd or 4th option I think he becomes more valuable for a team like the Cavs. No pressure, just out there chucking treys and creating for his teammates. At this point in his career it is the best possible situation for Melo. And, I think he would bring them closer to the Dubs, a lot closer.

10 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I think everyone is missing the point about Melo with the Cavs, besides @sperry & @Relic.  Yea, Melo has been a franchise player and a decent one at that, all told. But, what we're saying is that the times he has really shined and looked unselfish and played decent defense was during the Olympics and All-Star games. If Melo is the 3rd or 4th option I think he becomes more valuable for a team like the Cavs. No pressure, just out there chucking treys and creating for his teammates. At this point in his career it is the best possible situation for Melo. And, I think he would bring them closer to the Dubs, a lot closer.

Yeah, people are acting like Melo is done, but the dude is still a very good basketball player.  He's nowhere near as good as he was in his prime, but if he's the third or fourth option on offense and is just expected to shoot when he gets the ball and play defense, he should be able to shine.  It'd also be one thing if we didn't have evidence of this, but we've seen this Melo before.  This is Team USA and All-Star Game Melo.  That's the guy the Cavs would want and need.

9 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I agree with this, although he's being sold short in general. Dude is still a very good player.  Would be a quality second option if there wasn't a team breaking the salary the cap like the Warriors. 

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

So on a team stacked with all-stars (like the Olympic team), he'd be great. Not sure how that translates to today's NBA unless you're putting him on the Warriors.

Well, considering that we're literally talking about him joining a team with three All-Stars, I think it translates. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I guess, but in terms of competing with the Warriors, this seems like a 2nd or 3rd best option.

I mean, they'd basically be getting him for free if he's bought out.  If Wade is bought out, he's probably Cleveland-bound too.

Oh my lord,  there is a God!!! 

Sources: Phil, Knicks expected to part ways
The Knicks and president Phil Jackson are expected to announce they're parting ways early Wednesday morning, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. Conversations accelerated this week, when the organization decided it would not buy out Carmelo Anthony.

GTFO!! 

40 minutes ago, Relic said:

Oh my lord,  there is a God!!! 

Sources: Phil, Knicks expected to part ways
The Knicks and president Phil Jackson are expected to announce they're parting ways early Wednesday morning, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. Conversations accelerated this week, when the organization decided it would not buy out Carmelo Anthony.

GTFO!! 

They'll just hire a different idiot who will run the team into the ground in his own unique way.

59 minutes ago, briantw said:

They'll just hire a different idiot who will run the team into the ground in his own unique way.

Dude, cn we have a fucking minute of happiness please? 

15 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I'll never understand why Minnesota gets this rap. The state consistently ranks in the top 5 states to live in. 

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'll never understand why Minnesota gets this rap. The state consistently ranks in the top 5 states to live in. 

Because "best places to live in" focus surveys revolve around middle class white people, not young black millionaires. Minnesota is in the bottom third of NBA towns for where pro athletes would want to live.

14 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

13 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah, people are acting like Melo is done, but the dude is still a very good basketball player.  He's nowhere near as good as he was in his prime, but if he's the third or fourth option on offense and is just expected to shoot when he gets the ball and play defense, he should be able to shine.  It'd also be one thing if we didn't have evidence of this, but we've seen this Melo before.  This is Team USA and All-Star Game Melo.  That's the guy the Cavs would want and need.

13 hours ago, sperry said:

I agree with this, although he's being sold short in general. Dude is still a very good player.  Would be a quality second option if there wasn't a team breaking the salary the cap like the Warriors. 

No, not really. People aren't saying that Melo is bad, just that it's a bad fit because:

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Melo can play the three too, and you can easily shift LeBron over to the two if needed.  Or you could even play Love at C sometimes with Melo at PF.  And while that line-up may be somewhat of a liability defensively, they'd be insanely hard to outscore.  

Golden State is the best offensive team and a top three defensive team. The Cavs cannot beat them if they keep loading up on offense while continuing to be a bottom third defensive team. Melo is not going to address this.  

19 minutes ago, sperry said:

Because "best places to live in" focus surveys revolve around middle class white people, not young black millionaires. Minnesota is in the bottom third of NBA towns for where pro athletes would want to live.

Minnesota is a city? Seriously, the biggest problem is that people just don't know anything about Minneapolis or Minnesota and just assume it's the land of forever winter. Almost everyone who comes here never wants to leave. 

Archived