NBA Draft 2017: Sixers, Celtics and Will LaVar Ball Lose His Shit on National Television Edition

Manhole Eunuchsbane

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

This is a win for the Warriors. Disbursement of talent to a bunch of different teams = another Warrior's ring. 

Congratulations to your team for winning the 2018 championship.

Will sig-bet anybody on that.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Congratulations to your team for winning the 2018 championship.

Will sig-bet anybody on that.

You'd need to give others some favorable odds, because barring injury to two of their top 5 guys this is pretty much the easiest call you can make for next season. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

You'd need to give others some favorable odds, because barring injury to two of their top 5 guys this is pretty much the easiest call you can make for next season. 

Yeah, but some think that adding Carmelo Anthony will make the Cavs competitive with the Warriors. I say the Cavs aren't gonna win anything.

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah, but some think that adding Carmelo Anthony will make the Cavs competitive with the Warriors. I say the Cavs aren't gonna win anything.

What a bold prediction! Making them competitive doesn't mean they are favored to win. Easy money is obviously on the Warriors. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

What a bold prediction! Making them competitive doesn't mean they are favored to win. Easy money is obviously on the Warriors. 

Who said it was supposed to be bold? Im just certain that the Warriors will win in 2018 and that is very sad.

3 hours ago, Relic said:

It almost seems like the rest of the league is just positioning themselves for 2nd place. If I'm a GM with some cap space, I'm making a run at Livingstone and Iguodala. They have to take some pieces off this team for starters, and that doesn't seem to be happening.

And it looks like the Clips are getting close to signing Blake Griffen to a 5 year max deal. I don't get that given that guys injury history. I think they'd be better off blowing it all up.

/And the Warriors resign David West on a one year deal. Are they going to lose anyone?

31 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Even though Ainge keeps getting heat for not landing George, it seems to me the onus for that falls on the Pacers here. Apparently on draft night he offered the Pacers 3 1st round picks for George, yet they settle for Oladipo and Sabonis? Lame.

Yup. Indiana has been really dumb about George. And I think Ainge offered way too much for him!

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/1/15907324/paul-george-trade-pacers-what-about-the-celtics

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Yup. Indiana has been really dumb about George. And I think Ainge offered way too much for him!

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/1/15907324/paul-george-trade-pacers-what-about-the-celtics

Yeah, I don't get why Indiana would be so concerned about not trading him in conference. They're not competing next season anyway, and George wants to go to LA in a year anyway. Really stupid move if that was their motivation.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Even though Ainge keeps getting heat for not landing George, it seems to me the onus for that falls on the Pacers here. Apparently on draft night he offered the Pacers 3 1st round picks for George, yet they settle for Oladipo and Sabonis? Lame.

It seems curious that, every time Boston fails to make a trade for a star, we get a report immediately after the star is dealt elsewhere that lists the amazing offer Ainge made that the team for some reason passed up.  Personally, I think it's bullshit.  I think he hardballed Indiana, they went elsewhere, and then he had it leaked that he made a better offer than he actually did so that the Pacers look bad instead of him.

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

It seems curious that, every time Boston fails to make a trade for a star, we get a report immediately after the star is dealt elsewhere that lists the amazing offer Ainge made that the team for some reason passed up.  Personally, I think it's bullshit.  I think he hardballed Indiana, they went elsewhere, and then he had it leaked that he made a better offer than he actually did so that the Pacers look bad instead of him.

But that deal was discussed on Draft Night. It was a better deal than Oladipo and Sabonis. There's no after the fact editing that was done here.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

But that deal was discussed on Draft Night. It was a better deal than Oladipo and Sabonis. There's no after the fact editing that was done here.

Cavs and Nuggets also supposedly had a deal in place that would have sent Gary Harris and a first to Indiana, which would have been a much better deal as well.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

Cavs and Nuggets also supposedly had a deal in place that would have sent Gary Harris and a first to Indiana, which would have been a much better deal as well.

Right, so that underlines the Pacers failure here. There was really no reason for them to avoid trading George in conference. That really doesn't count for anything next season, and George likely ends up in LA the season after next.

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Right, so that underlines the Pacers failure here. There was really no reason for them to avoid trading George in conference. That really doesn't count for anything next season, and George likely ends up in LA the season after next.

Personally, I don't think there's any chance George would have left the Cavs after a trip to the Finals.

Archived