Manhole Eunuchsbane

NBA Draft 2017: Sixers, Celtics and Will LaVar Ball Lose His Shit on National Television Edition

426 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Who would have been getting Kyrie?  There has never been a trade for George where Kyrie was on the table.  Why in the fuck would the Cavs trade Kyrie for George?  That doesn't even remotely make sense.

The deal the Cavs had on the table was with Denver and Indiana.  Love would have went to Denver, George to Cleveland, and Harris and a first to Indiana.  According to numerous people, the deal was agreed to by Denver and Cleveland, but Indiana backed out at the last minute to take a worse deal and send George out of the conference/division.  

Nope.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/cavaliers-discussed-kyrie-irving-paul-george-3-team-trade/#Xhgs3ydf9Kt1lxSc.97

new thread - 

18 hours ago, Relic said:

Knicks aren't buying Melo out. 

Everything I've read points to this. Their not letting him walk away with nothing in return. Now, maybe the Cavs can keep Love and still get Melo, but they'll need another team. 

I find it increasingly likely that the Cavs will have not improved one iota from a roster standpoint this off-season. And, that's scary for Cavs fans because I can see James seeking greener pastures. Nothing will puss him off more than the management standing still while all the good assets out there are gobbled up. He knows they need more to beat the Cavs. If he can't do it in Cleveland I can see him going elsewhere, no doubt in my mind.