Will we see nymeria this season?

snow is the man

Spoilers are allowed, you can put spoiler alert in the topic title or use spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

According to a number a YouTube videos that analyzed the trailer, yes, it's likely that we will see Nymeria. The camera angle of the Arya shots imply that someone is watching her from ground level or slightly above, and people think that's going to be Nymeria. Of course, this is just a guess, people theorized who the flayed man on the cross from season 6 trailer was and it turned out to be absolutely nobody. 

17 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I usually go through spoilers when I can but I am trying to avoid them this time. But Does anyone know if we will see nymeria? If spoilers aren't allowed my bad

yes, in the scenes that were filmed in Canada

8 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

thanks. I loved the direwolves in the series and in the books nymeria is second only to ghost in being a pure badass. Really hope they don't bring her back just to kill her though

No, I don't think so. She has a bond with Arya that should be important in a future.

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No, I don't think so. She has a bond with Arya that should be important in a future.

in the books they are close but in the show we really haven't seen or heard anything about her since she arya had to chase her off. It would be cool to see them back together and I think arya deserves a firend like that

On 19/06/2017 at 2:34 PM, snow is the man said:

I usually go through spoilers when I can but I am trying to avoid them this time. But Does anyone know if we will see nymeria? If spoilers aren't allowed my bad

There's a thread for little questions (called "Little Questions") which might be a better place for all your little questions, rather than starting a new thread every time you want to ask a... little question.

But some people don't go to the "little questions' thread. I don't have time to read every single little post that was ever had. This question is situated under show heading intrigues and this question is to do with upcoming season. It's relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 0:34 AM, snow is the man said:

In my very strong opinion...YES!!!

My goodness, Arya is now in the Riverlands, in the area where Nymeia was last seen.

If she's not reunited with Nymeria, that will be just plain flat out WRONG, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Cron said:

In my very strong opinion...YES!!!

My goodness, Arya is now in the Riverlands, in the area where Nymeia was last seen.

If she's not reunited with Nymeria, that will be just plain flat out WRONG, in my opinion.

well the show didn't have any of the stark children except bran be a warg so it's hard to tell. In the books arya is probably to most powerful warg in the stark family (except bran obviously). I hope they do this in the show but I won't get my hopes up. Still I think they should meet up with nymeria since it would seem like a waste not to

7 hours ago, snow is the man said:

well the show didn't have any of the stark children except bran be a warg so it's hard to tell. In the books arya is probably to most powerful warg in the stark family (except bran obviously). I hope they do this in the show but I won't get my hopes up. Still I think they should meet up with nymeria since it would seem like a waste not to

Yeah, I'm positive Jon is a warg in the books, but I can't recall if the show has any evidence for him being a warg or not.  Maybe somebody picked something out, I'm not sure.

And while I think you're right that Robb is not a confirmed warg in the show, it is heavily implied, so much so that I'm convinced he is.  (As I recall, there are a few pieces of evidence for this, including more than one conversation where people talk about him turning into a wolf.  My strong understanding of this is that they don't understand warging, and it's easier to imagine Robb physically turning into a wolf than warging)

But yeah, a lot of people have wanted to see the return of Nymeria for a LONG time, including me, and if they don't do it I think they will have missed a big pay-off moment.

19 hours ago, Cron said:

Yeah, I'm positive Jon is a warg in the books, but I can't recall if the show has any evidence for him being a warg or not.  Maybe somebody picked something out, I'm not sure.

And while I think you're right that Robb is not a confirmed warg in the show, it is heavily implied, so much so that I'm convinced he is.  (As I recall, there are a few pieces of evidence for this, including more than one conversation where people talk about him turning into a wolf.  My strong understanding of this is that they don't understand warging, and it's easier to imagine Robb physically turning into a wolf than warging)

But yeah, a lot of people have wanted to see the return of Nymeria for a LONG time, including me, and if they don't do it I think they will have missed a big pay-off moment.

In the show only bran is a warg. They say rob turns into a wolf because he brings grey  wind into battle with him.

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

In the show only bran is a warg. They say rob turns into a wolf because he brings grey  wind into battle with him.

Mmmmm...with respect, I don't think we can know that for sure.

We might be able to know Bran is the only confirmed Stark warg in the show, but we do not have confirmation that Bran is the only warg among the Starks (since I think that's what you mean; obviously the show has another warg, Orell).  In other words, we do not have confirmation that Arya, Jon, Robb, Sansa, Rickon and Sansa are NOT wargs.

My view on Robb is that it is crystal clear in the books that he is a warg. and b/c there are multiple hints towards that in the show, I lean in the direction of believing he was a warg in the show, too.  Otherwise, it is one heck of a coincidence that there are rumors flying around about him turning into a wolf and fighting as a wolf, when he just happens to come from a family with a history of warging into direwolves.  Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the showrunners never made a solid decision about it one way or the other, I've just assumed that stuff like Arya warging was cut out just to save time, cuz they didn't think it was necessary to the story (not even Arya's story).  But that doesn't prove Arya never warged into cats in King's Landing, or Braavos.  But hey, maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe at some point D&D said "We made a conscious decision that Bran is the only Stark in the show even capable of warging, cuz we wanted Bran to be special in that way."  Could be.

50 minutes ago, Cron said:

My view on Robb is that it is crystal clear in the books that he is a warg. and b/c there are multiple hints towards that in the show,

It is certainly not crystal clear in the books that Robb wargs Greywind.  They do have a connection for sure, just like all the Stark kids and their wolves.  Using the show to decipher anything in the books, or vice versa, will get you nowhere.  The only people who say Robb turns into a wolf are Lannister soldiers, and the Freys.  The former because they're getting their butts kicked by Robb/his army in the field, and the latter because they need a story explaining how they didn't strike first at the Red Wedding.

Very much hope we see Nymeria in a couple weeks.  While we're at it, hows bouts she's on a leash being held by... Gendry.

1 hour ago, Philpenn said:

It is certainly not crystal clear in the books that Robb wargs Greywind.  They do have a connection for sure, just like all the Stark kids and their wolves.  Using the show to decipher anything in the books, or vice versa, will get you nowhere.  The only people who say Robb turns into a wolf are Lannister soldiers, and the Freys.  The former because they're getting their butts kicked by Robb/his army in the field, and the latter because they need a story explaining how they didn't strike first at the Red Wedding.

Very much hope we see Nymeria in a couple weeks.  While we're at it, hows bouts she's on a leash being held by... Gendry.

I understand it is not confirmed that Robb is a warg.  To me, "crystal clear," in the context I used those words, means something different.

In my very strong opinion, in the books, Robb is a warg.  I cannot recite all the evidence for it off the top of my head, but there is quite a bit.

Still...not "confirmed," I agree, and I understand that.

Beyond that, here's how I view the show:  Unless the show directly contradicts something from the books, my operative (or "default") assumption is that whatever the books say, that's true in the show, too, since I have NO reason to believe otherwise.  I will stick with the canon version, unless the show explicitly contradicts that, but here, not only do we NOT have explicit contradiction, we have show material that is CONSISTENT with the books, as I mentioned above.

Thus, my opinion is that Robb is clearly a warg in the books.  But if GRRM were to say to me "no, you're wrong," I would say "okay."

And my opinion is that Robb is a warg in the show, too, but if D&D were to say to me "no, you're wrong," I would say "okay."

Regarding the Gendry/leash thing, I assume you're kidding?  Is that your way of saying you think Gendry will tame Arya?

If Robb was a warg in the show it would have been shown. Some soldiers who've repeated second hand stories/fables is not clear evidence as this happens all the time in these sort of things, e.g. Tywin Lannister shits gold. Or The Mountain is 10ft tall, and had the strength of 10 men, just folklore as a demonstration of someone's power/skill/evilness that ends up in songs in GoT. I think the onus is on the show to show something, rather than not show it but mention it like this, for me to believe it.

The books are a different matter which I can't comment on.

Archived