What do you think the 5 spinoffs should be?

Agent 326

Just remember that things like Dunk and Egg, and Robert's Rebellion aren't valid options because they have been confirmed as not being the prequels.

My personal choices would be

Oberyn's life before ASOIAF/ GOT

The Andal Invasion of Westeros

The Blackfyre Rebellions

An adventure tale involving a character rooming the world and showing us some of the wonders of Planetos

And holy fuck am I scraping the bottom of the barrel, Seeing things from anti-Valyrians. Yes Targaryens being the villains.

Top of my wishlist is the Dance of Dragons, followed closely by Aegon's conquest. I'm also curious about Valyria and the rest of the dragon lords before the doom. Then Nymeria and her ships, and lastly, events leading up to Robert's Rebellion before the battle of the Trident. All goes downhill after that, so I'm less curious about it as a whole, but many of the mysteries would be explored in depth.

#1.  After killing Cersei and saving the world, Jaime and Bronn go drinking their sorrows away with Tyrion in Essos as the Kingslaying Kinslayers and their sellsword sidekick.

#2.  Life and Times of Oberyn.  You were onto something there @Agent 326

#3.  A "Rome" style series following an odd couple pair of sellswords living in the slums of Volantis and their adventures.

#4.  "Littlefinger's:  Where Whores Go."  A "cathouse" style documentary about what goes on in his brothels, interviewing the girls and guests about their lives and thoughts about whats going on in Westeros.

#5.  A "law and order" type series following a duo of faceless men in Braavos.  Each episode focuses on a new gift they are paid to give to the many faced god.  You see their mark's every day goings, how the FM plan to disguise themselves, and the ultimate method of the kill.

I don't think this is one of them, since George said we wouldn't be seeing Aegon IV, but I would love a series that begins with the death of Aegon III and carries on through Daeron, Baelor, Viserys, Aegon, and ending with Daeron II. There are so many interesting characters involved here (the aforementioned kings, Aemon the Dragonknight, Daena the Defiant, Aegon's many mistresses, Daemon Blackfyre, etc.) and it would have a lot of the elements that made GOT successful: drama, political intrigue, war, untimely deaths. 

I'm guessing that both Aegon's Conquest and the Dance of the Dragons are being considered, but I'm not sure how even HBO could afford to make either show, unless they're a miniseries. 

Hell's Kitchen - with Hotpie. A young man trying to teach the art of cooking to Westerosis in Gordon Ramsay style. 

On 23.6.2017 at 0:59 AM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

#1.  After killing Cersei and saving the world, Jaime and Bronn go drinking their sorrows away with Tyrion in Essos as the Kingslaying Kinslayers and their sellsword sidekick.

And call it two and a half man? :D

There won't actually be 5 spinoffs. They are planning on one, they just develop 4 (as far as I know) ideas to pitch to producers and they'll pick one of those ideas. 

And I really have no idea what those ideas might be. 

Blackfyre Rebellion or Greyjoy Rebellion sounds like the most plausible option to me at this point. 

They confirmed they aren't doing Robert's Rebellion (god knows why not) or Dunk and Egg( thank god for that). 

There's also dance with dragons but that sounds like an insanely risky project because that amount of CGI costs a lot and it will obviously not be as successful as GoT no matter how well they do. 

Another good spinoff idea (imo) is Aegon's conquest but they seem to be playing all the Aegon's conquest cards in Daenerys's season 7-8 storyline. (I mean if you aren't doing RR because "it'll have been covered by GoT", isn't it roughly the same with AC?) 

in any case, I don't see myself watching whatever spinoff they decide to make. RR is the only one I would have been Interested in, but frankly, I find it difficult care about some random potential spinoff when I'm still 1-2 years away from seeing the end of the central story. 

On 6/26/2017 at 0:40 PM, RhaenysB said:

They confirmed they aren't doing Robert's Rebellion (god knows why not)

They wanted these to be ongoing TV shows. They might be able to stretch the series out a bit by making one season about the Tourney of Harrenhal (Martin did say that the events that went down their would be enough to fill an entire book.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:52 AM, The Knight of Flours said:

I imagine a buddy kind of trip around Westeros about a hundred years back where the characters would have adventures and occasionally visit places and meet ancestors of characters from ASOIAF.  Dunk & Egg-like, but with new characters who don't have a book-history to restrict them.

Sounds good, I'd watch that, no doubt.

Course, I'll give anything they make at least a try.  It would have to be really bad for me to abandon it, and I don't think that will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 6:59 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

#2.  Life and Times of Oberyn.  You were onto something there @Agent 326

#3.  A "Rome" style series following an odd couple pair of sellswords living in the slums of Volantis and their adventures.

#4.  "Littlefinger's:  Where Whores Go."  A "cathouse" style documentary about what goes on in his brothels, interviewing the girls and guests about their lives and thoughts about whats going on in Westeros.

#5.  A "law and order" type series following a duo of faceless men in Braavos.  Each episode focuses on a new gift they are paid to give to the many faced god.  You see their mark's every day goings, how the FM plan to disguise themselves, and the ultimate method of the kill.

Hahaha I love these even if not all are likely.

Your #2 and #3 seem potential to me.

Your #4 or ANY fake doc would be so awesome

On 6/28/2017 at 8:43 AM, Agent 326 said:

They wanted these to be ongoing TV shows. They might be able to stretch the series out a bit by making one season about the Tourney of Harrenhal (Martin did say that the events that went down their would be enough to fill an entire book.

I feel like we could even see this flashback in s7 or s8. It kinda counts as RR.

Still! I think the general idea you imply is a great one! A  season based anthology, with different plot or even characters, but similar sets and CGI each season would be a cool and flexible idea. It could do work.

They could connect it by referencing stories and moving BK in time, giving Poli drama each year but eventually getting closer to the world building giant answers some of us want, seeing the Long Night in S8 of that show! (I wish)

Garth Greenhand banging every broad in sight during his journey across an Age of Heroes Westeros, while sowing the seeds of the future great houses. (Gardener, Stark, Florent, etc.)  There's your what seems like mandatory for HBO boobie quota right there.

Archived