Why does no POV character think about what happend to the three Kingsguard at the TOJ (except Ned)?

Three kingsguard died there. Oswell Whent isn't mentioned much, Arthur Dayne is a legendary knight and the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard Gerold Hightower was also a knight of great renown. I used the 'Seach of Ice and Fire' and couldn't find anyone thinking about how they died. As said, Whent isn't mentioned often, Gerold Hightower is mentioned often but mostly as doing something as Lord Commander and it is mentioned often that Arthur is dead (by; littlefinger, jaime, gerold and edric dayne) and more think about it but nobody seems to question how he died. 

From the World book; 'He died nobly with his sworn brothers at the end of Robert's Rebellion, after Lord Eddard Stark was said to have killed him in single combat. Lord Stark then returned Dawn to Starfall, and to Ser Arthur's kin, as a sign of respect'. We know this is said by the servants of Winterfell but nobody else mentioned it somewhere in the book. Should we assume everyone in the realm thinks this?

I think especially Jaime should have wondered what happend to his three brothers of the kingsguard but he never does in his POV chapters. 

Why is this? Don't they know that they were killed in the Red Mountains at the TOJ? If so, where do they assume these kingsguard died? If they do know, why doesn't anybody wonder what happened there and why they were at a random tower in the Red Mountains? The silence of everybody except Ned (who isn't speaking much either by know) is killing me. It should be a major event remembered by everyone when 3 kingguard die in a small skirmish somewhere in Dorne, especially such notable knights as Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower.

They died.  It is common knowledge that they're dead, which is exactly what they're expected to be.  Kingsguard are supposed to die doing their duty, as all the rest did save Barristan (injured in combat) and Jaime (Kingslaying).  Why should anyone think about it?  They died.  That's that.

It is probably assumed that that is where Rhaegar was hiding out, and that is where he ordered them to stay.

I know they died and I'm not after some crackpot theory that they are all hiding out in chataya's or something. Raegar died quite a while before that. I just think it's strange that nobody bother to question how they died and why there. They were legendary knights, and jaime's sworn brothers, wouldn't you want to know about the death if that was you and think about it from time to time?

11 minutes ago, Deepbollywood Motte said:

I know they died and I'm not after some crackpot theory that they are all hiding out in chataya's or something. Raegar died quite a while before that. I just think it's strange that nobody bother to question how they died and why there. They were legendary knights, and jaime's sworn brothers, wouldn't you want to know about the death if that was you and think about it from time to time?

My point is, why would anyone question it?  Ned came back, said Lyanna was dead, and he had killed the three Kingsguard Rhaegar had left to keep her imprisoned.  We know more, so we can question, but for an in-story character, why bother questioning a perfectly reasonable story?  Especially when questioning it openly is likely to bring the wrath of the king down on you.  It is common knowledge that Ned found Lyanna dead there, and that him and several companions killed the Kingsguard.  Nothing crazy about any of that, no reason to think twice on it, 16 or more years later.

1 hour ago, Deepbollywood Motte said:

Everyone knows how they died though. 2 of KG's were killed by Ned and his companions and Ned killed Dayne in single combat. Most people probably assume they were told to stay by Rhaegar. Jaime does talk and think about Dayne a lot, just never his fight/death with Ned. 

I have actually thought about this myself on why specifically Jamie, who's shown to hold Arthur Dayne in such high regard, never questions or brings up Ned's fighting prowess if he actually accepts the story that he killed the greatest swordsman of all time in single combat.

It's like 16 or 17 years true, but at the same time almost the entirety of that is spent without Eddard and Jamie seeing each other. Jamie thinks of Arthur pretty often in the series, but never thinks of Ned Starks prowess in his POVs? You're probably correct it probably amount's to nothing but I was just saying I agreed with the OP's premise that while I was reading the series it struck me as odd that it never came to his thoughts.

Archived