MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Well it's time to see if the Metropolitans are still butthurt over being bad at baseball. 

My favorite part was Cespedes having a chat with Puig about it, because he never poses or takes his time rounding the bases after homers. Whiners.

Judge mashes his 25th, but NY blows a 5-1 lead. The AL west owns them. 

This has been a no good, very bad past couple weeks for the Yanks - and losing Hick today for 3 to 4 weeks is another body blow.  However, watching Judge and Sanchez spearhead a comeback that came thisclose this afternoon from 7 down was fun to watch.  I think the two have a chance to be the most formidable power duo since Manny/Ortiz.  Not to mention they both give defensive value (one at a premium position).  And they're both much younger and cheaper for the next five years.

This game tho. 

MC made me turn it off in the second inning and we watched the CFL (like you do) until I saw on Twitter that Bellinger brought our heroes to within one run. And then so much holy shit and a inconsistent umpire. FIVE RUNS on FOUR WILD PITCHES and the Rockies never made a move to pull Ottavino out until after Bellinger hit another homer in the 8th. And then some hot closer on closer action with Kenley's RBI double.

4 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

whoa. hold on.  he is still our close personal friend and needs us to be supportive of him during this trying time. 

I know, I know. I'm just really disappointed with him right now. 51K/1BB is not living up to my expectations for him. But you're right, we must be there for him as he struggles.

16 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Judge and Sanchez are alright, but they're no C&C Bat Factory.

We'll see.  I think both Judge and Sanchez will be slightly, but significantly, better than Seager in the long run - purely offensively I mean (e.g. OPS, wOBA, wRC+, etc.)

3 hours ago, dmc515 said:

We'll see.  I think both Judge and Sanchez will be slightly, but significantly, better than Seager in the long run - purely offensively I mean (e.g. OPS, wOBA, wRC+, etc.)

I actually have nothing against those guys, I love watching them play. That's saying a lot coming from a Dodger fan, because fuck the Yankees. But in the long run Sanchez is a catcher, and it's rare for catchers to keep up that type of offensive pace, especially the power numbers. If he's gonna keep hitting like he's hitting now he's probably gonna have to be moved to 1B, LF, or DH. And Aaron Judge is a full two years older than Seager, and four years older than Bellinger. All four look to be headed for great careers, but if I could only choose one of them, it's Seager. 

Archived